Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Times: Rising consumer trend for raw "live" water (unfiltered, untreated, unsterilized)
Quote:

Here on the West Coast and in other pockets around the country, many people are looking to get off the water grid.

What adherents share is a wariness of tap water, particularly the fluoride added to it and the lead pipes that some of it passes through. They contend that the wrong kind of filtration removes beneficial minerals. Even traditional bottled spring water is treated with ultraviolet light or ozone gas and passed through filters to remove algae. That, they say, kills healthful bacteria — “probiotics” in raw-water parlance.

The most prominent proponent of raw water is Doug Evans, a Silicon Valley entrepreneur. After his juicing company, Juicero, collapsed in September, he went on a 10-day cleanse, drinking nothing but Live Water. “I haven’t tasted tap water in a long time,” he said.

Before he could order raw water on demand, Mr. Evans went “spring hunting” with friends. This has become more challenging lately: The closest spring around San Francisco has recently been cut off by landslides, so reaching it means crossing private property, which he does under cover of night.

Dr. Hensrud said he has noticed more interest in alternative water sources; a patient recently asked questions about a raw water he had been drinking. “There are people, just like with immunizations, that don’t accept the status quo,” Dr. Hensrud said.

The movement against tap water, like the movement against vaccines, has brought together unlikely allies from the far left and the far right.

These people should take trips to Africa where families deprived of clean drinking water can take turns to beat the crap out of them for taking such a thing for granted.

Let nature take care of these fucking idiots I say.

It doesn't surprise me that the idiot mentioned was the guy behind Juicero. I remember people mocking that idea for how dumb it was. 

AIf it leads to a bunch of fucking idiots with too much money getting cholera, well, as a very wise man used to say, "'at's Naiture's way."