Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2018-19 Season
Carlos Hyde to the Browns. There's a good chance Cleveland's offense will occasionally make first downs next year. Exciting!
If Cleveland takes Barkley at 1 like they should and then grab a QB at 4 they could be on their way.
That would give them Hyde, Barkley and Duke Johnson (who they're extending) as the running back platoon. I think that's good!

I'm thinking Barkley and Mayfield, or Mayfield and Minkah Fitzpatrick. I just hope they don't get Brandon Weeden 2.0, I mean Josh Allen.
Barkley and Mayfield sound like the best option. It seems like they have a front office that finally knows what it's doing I don't think they're going to continue their yearly tradition of bungling the draft this year.
I wish DT were still around. Would love to see his reaction to the Cardinals signing Sam Bradford.
(03-14-2018, 01:23 PM)dmonkeydeluxes Wrote: Barkley and Mayfield sound like the best option. It seems like they have a front office that finally knows what it's doing I don't think they're going to continue their yearly tradition of bungling the draft this year.

It's strange because they're using the assets the previous regime acquired. I think the prior staff's approach was good, but they sucked balls at scouting players.

It also looks like Joe Thomas is retiring today. Farewell, Joe. Enjoy the Hall of Fame.
If the Browns pass on Barkley at one they are going to fuck it up. Much safer and a huge upside. The they will probably have 3 of the 4 top qb's to choose from. But it would be such a Browns thing to do to pass on a #1 back
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Lots of twists and turns in FA so far. Jimmy Graham doesn't go back to Saints, but signs with Packers. Patrick Robinson does go back to the Saints rather than re-sign with the Super Bowl champs. Jordy Nelson, Mathieu, and Sherman all cut...Intrigue!
(03-15-2018, 10:07 AM)martianman Wrote: Lots of twists and turns in FA so far. Jimmy Graham doesn't go back to Saints, but signs with Packers. Patrick Robinson does go back to the Saints rather than re-sign with the Super Bowl champs. Jordy Nelson, Mathieu, and Sherman all cut...Intrigue!

I certainly would have taken Jimmy back on the Saints, but there was definitely bad blood with him and the team(especially Sean Payton) when he left.  His relationship with Brees was probably the only reason he even considered coming back.  Given the move last year towards a more ground focused attack with Ingram and Kamara, I'm with not getting Graham if we can get someone who's a better blocker while still being at least a decent receiver for less money.

Robinson could be a steal for the price as long as he's not forced to play on the outside by injuries and assuming Lattimore or Crawley don't regress (which has happened to a lot of our DB's recently; see Breaux, Delvin).  Slot corner was probably the biggest weakness in our defense.

Also liking what I'm hearing about Demorrio Davis, the LB we signed from the Jets, but I don't watch them play a lot so I'm withholding judgment on that one.

I'm still hearing that the Saints are still sniffing around some of the other 'big names', especially Nelson and Suh.  There was a lot of interest in Tyrann Mathieu early on, but I wonder if that's dried up with the Robinson signing, although I'd consider him more of a Vaccaro replacement so they may still pursue that.
Jets give a 1st (2018, 6th overall) and 3 2nds (37th and 49th from this year, and next year's) to move up THREE SPOTS in the draft.

I dunno, I generally think moves like this are...stupid? Never work out? (...remembers Goff and Wentz are currently two of the more promising QBs in the league, shuts up...)

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
And people thought the Bears paid too much. If the Jets get a legit stud then it's worth it. But seeing as it's the Jets and there are still 2 teams ahead of them my bet is no.

We'll find out for sure with Mitch on the Bears this year. No excuses now
(03-14-2018, 01:40 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: I wish DT were still around.  Would love to see his reaction to the Cardinals signing Sam Bradford.

He wasn’t happy.
"See! Now! Our sentence is up!"- Grant Morrison, The Invisibles
The targeting rule has been created. If college football is any indication, this is a stupid idea that will solve nothing but make the games longer. Yay.
They also changed the "catch rule". I read what they've changed, but honestly I think I'm more confused than ever.
Really? Seems fairly straight forward. 2 feet or a knee. A football move like a step. Extending counts as a football move. Or the ability to make a football move. So basically all the things that weren’t catches before are now. Like it should be.
There is a Cowboys fan that works at my office--he and I chat football every now and then. When these new catch rules came up he said, "Shit load of good it does the Cowboys now. Thanks for nothing again, NFL."
Cody Kessler traded to the Jaguars. The end of an era:

I like the deal for the Jaguars. Low-cost QB insurance. Think Safe Auto.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
(03-28-2018, 10:13 AM)martianman Wrote: There is a Cowboys fan that works at my office--he and I chat football every now and then. When these new catch rules came up he said, "Shit load of good it does the Cowboys now. Thanks for nothing again, NFL."

Cowboys fans are the worst - they were only in that game due to a sketchy call that went their way vs the Lions.

I wore my Steelers jacket to work one day and he saw it, so now he stops and chats with me sometimes when he's doing a walk-through in my area (he works for facilities in the building). I get to work around 7am, so it's mostly just me and him there around that time.
Seattle's backup QB assaulted his girlfriend, and has been fired, and now arrested. He choked her unconscious, and broke her jaw.
(03-29-2018, 03:20 PM)mrbananagrabber Wrote: Seattle's backup QB assaulted his girlfriend, and has been fired, and now arrested.  He choked her unconscious, and broke her jaw.

Jesus Christ, it wasn't Seneca Wallace was it?
It was the guy from...Utah State? Kansas State? I can't remember.
Travaris Jackson.
"See! Now! Our sentence is up!"- Grant Morrison, The Invisibles
I don't see any reason to not sign Kaepernick as the backup in Seattle. Season's going to be a dumpster fire anyway.
(03-30-2018, 12:34 AM)devildoubt Wrote: Travaris Jackson.

Trevone Boykin. Both Tavaris and Wallace have been out of the league for 5 yrs.

Oh boy--just realized Infinity War opens the same weekend as the NFL Draft.
WOW Patriots send Brandin Cooks to Rams for a first round pick.
Do the Pats trade up or do they do their usual of trading down. I'd love those 2 1sts and a few more for the Bears @ 8. The Pats are going to need a QB. Then again they have lost a couple WR and Gronk is always hurt so maybe they just load up for Brady
Not to be outdone, the Baltimore Ravens have signed QB Robert Griffin III to their roster. Yes, you read that right.
The Titans have new uniforms.

I like the darker helmet, but good lord do I miss just good old fashioned vertical stripes on pants.
Just this guy, you know?
I do like the helmet better, but none of the uniform updates Tennessee makes will change the fact that their mascot is a sassy raccoon.
I reserve the right to make fun of the Titans' new uniforms until the new Jaguars uniforms are revealed in a week and a half.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
Countdown to Reuben Foster's release in 5, 4, 3...
(04-12-2018, 02:51 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Countdown to Reuben Foster's release in 5, 4, 3...

On behalf of all Saints fans, I'd like to officially thank the 49ers for 'stealing' Foster from us by trading up.  We'll continue to 'settle' for Ryan Ramczyk.