Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2018-19 Season
Apparently the Seahawks were going to try out Kaepernick. They asked him if would stop kneeling for the anthem. He said no, tryout canceled - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23135...ing-anthem
Why doesn't he just say he'll stay in the locker room until the anthem is over? Does the NFL hace some kind of policy that players have to be on the sidelines during said anthem?
(04-12-2018, 06:32 PM)history buff Wrote: Why doesn't he just say he'll stay in the locker room until the anthem is over? Does the NFL hace some kind of policy that players have to be on the sidelines during said anthem?
It didn't become mandatory until 2009 - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nfl-sideline-anthem/
Dez Bryant released. I kinda think this is only a big deal because he was with the Cowboys. The guy peaked three years ago.
Exactly. Injuries aside, he's been living off the good times he had with Romo. Kinda like Keyshawn Johnson late in his career. I hope he can check his ego and become a serviceable wideout somewhere but I don't think that's happening.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
The Seahawks have signed Sebastian Janikowksi. I mean, he was really good at one point.

*sigh*
Aaron Rodgers could use someone like Dez to throw to. But he won't end up there because the Packers are cheap and he wants to get paid.
(04-15-2018, 08:18 PM)history buff Wrote: Aaron Rodgers could use someone like Dez to throw to. But he won't end up there because the Packers are cheap and he wants to get paid.

They could easily swap Cobb's salary out for Bryant's. 

I'm hearing troubling things about Bryant though - mainly that he was a phenom who coasted on talent, and now the talent level has begun to slip, and he's having to learn to the art of running routes....8 yrs into his career.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Dez has no legs left-why would you want him?
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I think he could still be a pretty significant threat. The thing is it was a complete disconnect with him and Prescott compared to his numbers with Romo. So maybe if he has someone like Rodgers under center he can rekindle some of that fire. But I agree with Chavez, I would be very, very, concerned with his overall character/personality.
I wasn't saying I was concerned about his character/personality.

I feel that almost any diva WR would know the opportunity presented by playing with a talent like Rodgers (or Brady, or Brees, etc) and know to STFU and toe the line for a few seasons.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Dez is def. a diva, but other that Larry Fitzgerald I can't think of another great receiver who ISN'T a diva of some kind.
I agree with you that that opportunity to play with someone like Rodgers might make him tone down his persona.
I remember someone equating an elite receiver in the NFL to an expensive stereo system in a car  

They are loud, expensive, annoying to anyone over the age of 16, and they aren't going to get your anywhere faster. They'll probably just get you pulled over
(04-16-2018, 02:26 PM)history buff Wrote: I agree with you that that opportunity to play with someone like Rodgers might make him tone down his persona.

I'll say a big no to that.  People don't change at 30

The reason why Dak/Dez didn't connect as much is because Dak didn't force the ball to him.  He went to the open guy.
Big rumor currently in play that would certainly make next week's draft a lot more interesting (even though it's already pretty interesting to being with). Just a rumor obviously......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rep...tp&ffid=gz
They are leavin a lot out in this draft speculation like what Buffalo has to give up. And Buffalo would have to give up their entire draft plus next years number 1. I call click bait
Bears @ Packers Sunday night week 1. I wanted them first.
They already released the schedule? I though it was tonight at 8pm EST.?
It always leaks early.

Bears schedule

1- @ Packers (SNF)
2- Seahawks (MNF)
3- @ Cardinals
4- Buccaneers
5- BYE WEEK
6- @ Dolphins
7- Patriots
8- Jets
9- @ Bills
10- Lions
11- Vikings
12- @ Lions (Thanksgiving)
13- @ Giants
14- Rams
15- Packers
16- @ 49ers
17- @ Vikings

First 4 are very winnable. final 4(3/4 fuck the Pack) could be brutal. Bears could easily be 3-1/4-0 @ the bye. Then 4 against the AFC East and 3/4 are very winnable. Then Lions, Vikings, Lions, Giants-that's another good stretch. Bears always play the Vikings close so that's not impossible and it's at home. They could get 9 wins in the first 12 for a playoff push.

All assuming the defense stays top 10 and Mitch takes a step up. Been years since I was excited about a bears season.
Jacksonville is finally getting rid of those ridiculous two-tone helmets.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
So the Bears start 0 and 4.

Their fan base is so cute. Every move equates to "This is it!". I still remember all the FIBs creaming themselves over Cutler. Then Trestman. Then Fox. Then Trubisky. Now Nagy.

Bears couldn't beat a Hundley lead Packers last year. I'm sure Nagy has the answers to swing the last 20 years. So cute.
A GB fan who still thinks the Packers will be relavent. Enjoy your 3rd place finish.
(04-19-2018, 07:15 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Jacksonville is finally getting rid of those ridiculous two-tone helmets.

My opinion actually turned around on that design.  I ended up enjoying the look for the sake of being different.
(04-19-2018, 09:30 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: A GB fan who still thinks the Packers will be relavent. Enjoy your 3rd place finish.

A Bears fan who thinks it's 85 again .
I guess enjoy 4th.... again (won't it be the 5th season in a row?.... So sad.)
I could easily see the Seahawks going 5-11 this year.
Dammit, the Steelers play the NFC South, but any games where I could go see them play (Atlanta and Carolina) are in Pittsburgh. But I guess if I really want to see them, they do play @Jacksonville. Falcons start the season against the Champs the Eagles. That should be a pretty fun game.
Jacksonville still is the only team never to have played on Thanksgiving.
I can't stand to see myself go through the motions, that bring me back into these same old sad emotions.
I think we are going to try and make that Steelers/Jags game. Already planning to go to the FSU/BC game on 11/17 in Tallahassee, and that game is the next day.
SBNation is reminding everyone that Mel Kiper has to retire--he made the call 8 years ago "If Jimmy Clausen is not a successful quarterback in the NFL, I'm done. That's it. I'm out." Todd McShay asked him the timeframe, and he said 8 years, and Clausen retired after the 2015 season. So long, Mel!
Yeah, that has been circulating around internets for the last year or so. Awful Announcing did something on it, and r/nfl did as well.

Listen, Mel Kiper's been wrong as often as he's been right. But he sounds like he knows what he's talking about and that's 90% of what you need to be successful in television.
I like Mike Mayock better as well as the NFL tv line up. Will the dust Berman out for the first round on ESPN?
Most of these guys are no better than any of us in trying to determine a guy's success at the NFL level. They may know a hell of lot more about these college players (most of them I never even heard of) than we do, but I can say just as easily if someone will be a great qb, rb, linebacker, etc. because he's got all the "intangibles"

All that being said, on draft day I mostly stick to the NFL Network. I think Rich Eisen is great as a host, and, along with Mayock and the others on that panel they're the most entertaining and informative I find.