Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2018-19 Season
Since my son's fall lacrosse schedule is different this year, meaning that it looks like it's not every Sunday again, I'm looking at getting Sunday Ticket online. And if I use my son's student info to sign up on the site, it looks like I can get the whole season for $100. Score!
For all the crap that the NFL gets and deserves the Sunday Ticket is totally worth it. Now that the Rams are back in L.A. I'd only be getting the Rams game and one other, which may or may not be a stinker, so having the choice to watch any game that's currently on is pretty awesome.
It's $300, or $360 w/ Red Zone... meaning it's $360.

NBA League Pass is $200.

MLB Extra Innings is $85 (one team) - $110 (all teams). That's $110 for nearly 5000 games.

Plus, because of the weird way the NFL schedules games, it usually only gets you a game worth watching at 10PST. The 1PST slate is usually 3-4 games, with 1-2 airing for free and the others featuring some combo of the 49ers, Charges, Raiders and Rams. With the way networks pick their games, most weeks the 4 best match-ups are free.

I get the appeal, really. Back when I watched a ton of football, I either negotiated ST for free, or paid the price... $150 as I recall. Now though, at $21/week, even if I were still a huge fan, I'd rather take that money down to the sports bar and spend it on booze n food.

But sure, if you've gotta have football, I can see $21 a week being well worth it to avoid the Rams.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I know that my cable provider has (had?) a small HD package for $5 a month that has (had?) Red Zone on it. Not a bad deal.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(11 hours ago)farsight Wrote: It's $300, or $360 w/ Red Zone... meaning it's $360.

NBA League Pass is $200.

MLB Extra Innings is $85 (one team) - $110 (all teams). That's $110 for nearly 5000 games.

Plus, because of the weird way the NFL schedules games, it usually only gets you a game worth watching at 10PST. The 1PST slate is usually 3-4 games, with 1-2 airing for free and the others featuring some combo of the 49ers, Charges, Raiders and Rams. With the way networks pick their games, most weeks the 4 best match-ups are free.

I get the appeal, really. Back when I watched a ton of football, I either negotiated ST for free, or paid the price... $150 as I recall. Now though, at $21/week, even if I were still a huge fan, I'd rather take that money down to the sports bar and spend it on booze n food.

But sure, if you've gotta have football, I can see $21 a week being well worth it to avoid the Rams.

Remember also, that the NFL is 17 weeks and teams only play 16 games, compare that with 162 MLB games and 82 NBA games, those 2 Leagues seem to have (NBA especially) regular seasons that last forever. There are way too many games that are meaningless and have little to no effect on the playoffs. The NFL is a far different beast, most games week to week have major playoff implications for teams trying to get into the playoffs, plus the NFL, unlike the NBA, isn't top heavy so we don't know who has a chance from year to year. Almost everyone knew that it was going to be the Warriors/Cavs in the Finals; I don't think to many people had Jacksonville and Minnesota in the Conference Finals and the Eagles winning it all.