Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL 2018-19 Season
(11-05-2018, 08:58 AM)martianman Wrote: Anyone else watch the Steelers/Ravens yesterday? I turned it on in the 2nd half, and the Ravens defense looked like they were doing a walk-through or a scrimmage. That was weird.

You sure you weren't watching the Bucs defense?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Has the NFL ever said why Detroit doesn't have to go on the road for Thursday games? I know they have the Thanksgiving tradition, but being the home team is an advantage. With everyone having to play 1 Thursday game it seems a bit unfair.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Not sure why that is the case, Anya. I do know that the Lions hosting a game on Thanksgiving has been the case for as long as I can remember.

There's no doubt that the home team has the advantage with these Thursday night games, I mean look at tonight's game, 52 points for the Steelers against a pretty good Panthers team.
I'd like to see the NFL get rid of these Thursday games, even though that won't happen, how about a neutral field.
(11-08-2018, 10:04 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Has the NFL ever said why Detroit doesn't have to go on the road for Thursday games?  I know they have the Thanksgiving tradition, but being the home team is an advantage.  With everyone having to play 1 Thursday game it seems a bit unfair.

Yeah, but they have the disadvantage of being the Lions.
Man, I don't know what got into the Steelers last night but I hope it continues. I really thought they would screw that up and drop that game. Didn't think the defense would step up the way that they did.
Nice to see the Falcons shit the bed after people started talking about them being the team you don't want to face
Even nicer to see the Titans and ex-Patriots Malcolm Butler and Deon Lewis take down their former team.
And what the hell got into the Bills?

----------

The Bills? I want to know what black magic the Browns are working with.
(11-11-2018, 07:27 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: The Bills? I want to know what black magic the Browns are working with.

Just think what Cleveland's record would be if they fired Hue and never hired Todd Haley. Bah!

Baker Mayfield said he woke up yesterday morning "feeling dangerous," which is so mega-douchey. BUT, he's the best QB Cleveland's had since....christ, Kosar?! So, I must abide his douchery for the time being.
You heard it hear first: Mike McCarthy will be the Browns HC next season.
(11-12-2018, 05:40 PM)history buff Wrote: You heard it hear first: Mike McCarthy will be the Browns HC next season.

There have been people calling for him in Tampa too.

Speaking of Tampa, they waived their kicker today, their seventh since Matt Bryant was inexplicably waived 10 years ago.  Meanwhile, Bryant is perfect on his field goals and 24-for-25 on his extra points in Atlanta.

----------

(11-12-2018, 05:40 PM)history buff Wrote: You heard it hear first: Mike McCarthy will be the Browns HC next season.

You're about the 3rd place I've heard that.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Who gets the Packers job then?

I'm glad Bell is taking the year off. Steelers would have only run him into the ground and then let him go
(11-13-2018, 06:59 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Who gets the Packers job then?

I'm glad Bell is taking the year off.  Steelers would have only run him into the ground and then let him go

John Harbaugh is one good candidate.  He's probably done in Baltimore. 

Whoever they get, it needs to be a proven coach with a track record. You have to figure ownership knows that their window is closing with Rodgers not getting any younger.
Mike McCarthy has single-handedly hamstrung the prime years of the most talented and capable QB this past decade. It's almost criminal. I don't even like the Packers, really. Just a disinterested observer to their aggressive albatrocity.
I'm not Avery.
(Yesterday, 01:27 PM)first class 782 Wrote: Mike McCarthy has single-handedly hamstrung the prime years of the most talented and capable QB this past decade.  It's almost criminal.  I don't even like the Packers, really.  Just a disinterested observer to their aggressive albatrocity.

I'm certainly no fan of McCarthy and I agree with most of this. But, he's won a SB, which is the same number of SB wins that Sean Payton has won with his Hall of Fame QB. Which is why, hate him or love him, Belicheck is head and shoulders above anyone considering what he's done with Brady.
(Yesterday, 08:31 PM)history buff Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:27 PM)first class 782 Wrote: Mike McCarthy has single-handedly hamstrung the prime years of the most talented and capable QB this past decade.  It's almost criminal.  I don't even like the Packers, really.  Just a disinterested observer to their aggressive albatrocity.

I'm certainly no fan of McCarthy and I agree with most of this. But, he's won a SB, which is the same number of SB wins that Sean Payton has won with his Hall of Fame QB. Which is why, hate him or love him, Belicheck is head and shoulders above anyone considering what he's done with Brady.

That's always the argument I see on Packer MBs - "Man, I wish we had an offensive genius like Sean Payton!" 

"Um, he just came off a run of 3 straight 7-9 seasons a couple years back. You wanted to march on Lambeau when McCarthy went 7-9 with Brett Hundley starting half the games."

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
Mike McCarthy is the only person in America who thought the Packers would get the ball back when he punted on 4th and 2.
(5 hours ago)Mangy Wrote: Mike McCarthy is the only person in America who thought the Packers would get the ball back when he punted on 4th and 2.

Dumbest move he's made in a long line of dumb moves. He should get fired for that decision alone.