Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHAZAM! (2019) Pre-Release Thread
DC has an official soda? Interest re-peaked.
I'm surprised that Bart hasn't written a 10-page treatise about it.
Is the mouth of the soda can a vagina dentata?
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
You tell us!
*reads Barbara Creed again*
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(07-12-2018, 01:36 PM)bradito Wrote: I'm surprised that Bart hasn't written a 10-page treatise about it.

*You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today*

(03-10-2018, 04:07 PM)bradito Wrote: "I can't make it work in my head. This will bomb!"

-everyone

I think the tone looks pretty perfect.  

I am expecting better things from the DC-verse moving forward.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
Damn, Jay and Silent Bob sure look different now.
Tone wise...Ant-Man would be the perfect template. Fluffy, kid friendly, funny, etc...

Based on the picture that looks like the direction they are going.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
[Image: DiAK4fSUcAAjB9K.jpg]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if this movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU
Git' in under mah belly!
(07-15-2018, 06:17 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if thus movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU

Black Adam will probably be introduced like Venom over at Sony and pretend that his greatest adversary (Shazam) doesn't really exist, especially if this movie bombs. From the look of it, I won't be surprised if it pulled a Solo.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(07-16-2018, 01:40 AM)anger management Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 06:17 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if thus movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU

Black Adam will probably be introduced like Venom over at Sony and pretend that his greatest adversary (Shazam) doesn't really exist, especially if this movie bombs. From the look of it, I won't be surprised if it pulled a Solo.

I dunno, I think a Solo type run for Shazam would be a home run for the DCEU...not a bad thing.
I just remember recently where Zack Levi posted a photo of him in the gym looking slightly buff, as a reaction to the people making fun of the leaked photos of him in the costume on set. As if to say, "Nuh uh, those arent fake muscles, look at how yoked I am".

Like c'mon brother. Yeah you're not your usual scrawny self, but it's only obvious that you're not filling out that suit all on your own. What I think would help is if they padded out his neck with a bit of prosthetics. As is he looks like an ok cosplay of Captain Marvel.
Git' in under mah belly!
A DCEU movie doing SOLO numbers would probably give WB a collective orgasm at this point.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.

Big by way of Turbo Man?

Looks like a nice change of pace that Marvelbros will still find a way to hate on.
A light-hearted DC movie!?
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

That course correction from 'Titans' arrived quicker than I thought.
Now thats what im lokkimg in a DC movie! Loved it.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
as someone whose family owns a convenience store, I don't appreciate the wanton destruction of our windows

but it looks charming otherwise!
Looks good to me.
Convenience stores are the victims of so much collateral damage in fillums. I won't stand for it any longer!

That said, I'll probably see this.
This looks so fun.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I have never been a fan of the "Captain Marvel is Billy in an adult body" interpretation of the character but this looks like an inspired version of that. This is a good trailer.
This looks cute and fun!
See DC? It's okay to have fun and this looks like fun!

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Get hype!!
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
This is not a project that was on my radar... until now. Looks like a lot of fun.

Between this and AQUAMAN, it really seems like DC has fully recalibrated. If only we were getting a new Superman movie under this new regime.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Pretty sure Billy's friend has the Aquaman logo on his shirt when they first meet.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
This was the one DC flick that I was indifferent about because it's Shazam, but the trailer has sold me.

Good work, trailer!
I hope you've learned your lesson about feeling indifferent, then.

I got a pretty good chuckle out of that phone charging gag.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(07-21-2018, 06:40 PM)bradito Wrote: This was the one DC flick that I was indifferent about because it's Shazam, but the trailer has sold me.

Good work, trailer!

Do we not like Shazam?
Shazam was never a superhero that I was super wild about. I don't dislike him or anything. I just never happened upon a Shazam story that made me a true believer. Perhaps this movie will put me on Team Shazam!
About the only comic-book moment that I remember featuring Shazam is his role in the Kingdom Come series.  It is pretty great and he has some iconic moments with Superman.