Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHAZAM! (2019) Pre-Release Thread
DC has an official soda? Interest re-peaked.
I'm surprised that Bart hasn't written a 10-page treatise about it.
Is the mouth of the soda can a vagina dentata?
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
You tell us!
*reads Barbara Creed again*
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(07-12-2018, 01:36 PM)bradito Wrote: I'm surprised that Bart hasn't written a 10-page treatise about it.

*You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today*

(03-10-2018, 04:07 PM)bradito Wrote: "I can't make it work in my head. This will bomb!"

-everyone

I think the tone looks pretty perfect.  

I am expecting better things from the DC-verse moving forward.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
Damn, Jay and Silent Bob sure look different now.
Tone wise...Ant-Man would be the perfect template. Fluffy, kid friendly, funny, etc...

Based on the picture that looks like the direction they are going.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
[Image: DiAK4fSUcAAjB9K.jpg]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if this movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU
Git' in under mah belly!
(07-15-2018, 06:17 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if thus movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU

Black Adam will probably be introduced like Venom over at Sony and pretend that his greatest adversary (Shazam) doesn't really exist, especially if this movie bombs. From the look of it, I won't be surprised if it pulled a Solo.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(Yesterday, 01:40 AM)anger management Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 06:17 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Lol that padded muscle costume. Shoud've just cast John Cena and his ridiculous action figure physique. Nothing against Chuck, but that just looks dumb. At least The Rock is Black Adam, but in a separate solo movie? They won't meet until a sequel? Yeah, if thus movie doesn't completely fail.

Lol DCEU

Black Adam will probably be introduced like Venom over at Sony and pretend that his greatest adversary (Shazam) doesn't really exist, especially if this movie bombs. From the look of it, I won't be surprised if it pulled a Solo.

I dunno, I think a Solo type run for Shazam would be a home run for the DCEU...not a bad thing.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
I just remember recently where Zack Levi posted a photo of him in the gym looking slightly buff, as a reaction to the people making fun of the leaked photos of him in the costume on set. As if to say, "Nuh uh, those arent fake muscles, look at how yoked I am".

Like c'mon brother. Yeah you're not your usual scrawny self, but it's only obvious that you're not filling out that suit all on your own. What I think would help is if they padded out his neck with a bit of prosthetics. As is he looks like an ok cosplay of Captain Marvel.
Git' in under mah belly!
A DCEU movie doing SOLO numbers would probably give WB a collective orgasm at this point.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.