Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Boards (Opinions/Suggestions/Bugs/HIGH FIVES)
Welcome to the new Flesh.

Guys, this has been a ridiculous undertaking. Ridiculous. I want to thank Joe Carlson for taking this project on his back out of sheer goodness and empathy. If you want to join me in putting a little THANK YOU together for him, PM me. He basically learned an entire side career to make this happen and forced a fattie through a keyhole.

It won't be perfect. But it's new. Modern. Flexible. Let's see what this puppy can do.

Thanks to all who stuck around. If you continue to do so, let's make magic. I'm vitalized again.
Here is to the future!
As someone who has read CHUD and participated in the message boards since around 2000, I wish Trouble City the best success.
Let’s do this thing!
Weeeee
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Yay! New forums.
XboxLive: Spook JF

PSN: SpookJF
Hooray!
WE'RE BACK, BITCHES!!!!
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
Nice one Nick and Joe! Great job!
Guillermo wins an Oscar ... Trouble City goes live ...

... these things always happen in threes ...
WE ARE BACK!!!!!

THANKS, NICK (and everyone else that helped)!

[Image: rick-and-morty.jpg]
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
First! Am I doing this right?
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Suggestions:

1) If possible, the Login and Profile Change pages could be https
They currently do not appear to be secure. Not sure what this entails

2) Does the code for this board allow a Dark Mode Toggle?
I know the scheme of TC is different from CHUD but if the back-end could allow individual users to toggle into a dark mode I know many would appreciate it.

3) The Community link on the TC main page is still pointing to the CHUD Blue Screen of Death
I was refreshing and by chance managed to check out Nick's Twitter page to see the new link

Beyond that for right now, thank you so very much!
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
I was wondering if that extended downtime was the move to TC and I was right. Everything looks good so far Nick! Thank you!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
HIGH FIVES indeed!  I don't post much, but there was a definite void for me for the day-and-a-half the boards were down.  Thank you Nick, thank you all the plumbers doing the dirty work, and thanks to all the fine folk who followed here.
(03-05-2018, 12:35 AM)tzudohnihm Wrote: Suggestions:

1) If possible, the Login and Profile Change pages could be https
They currently do not appear to be secure. Not sure what this entails

2) Does the code for this board allow a Dark Mode Toggle?
I know the scheme of TC is different from CHUD but if the back-end could allow individual users to toggle into a dark mode I know many would appreciate it.

3) The Community link on the TC main page is still pointing to the CHUD Blue Screen of Death
I was refreshing and by chance managed to check out Nick's Twitter page to see the new link
4) Rep counts seemed to have been zeroed out....will restoration happen?
And to echo #1...the logins are showing as insecure on my end as well. (mac+FF 58.0.2)
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Photo 
[img]webkit-fake-url://6d6fd871-f854-4889-b37f-57d8e36dc762/imagegif[/img]
Well this is a pretty radical change.

Are things like subscribed threads not carrying over?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I can't seem to log in with my original account, and either I used a long defunct e-mail to register originally and never updated it, or my e-mail didn't carry over properly and I can't reset the password.

Any way I can get a hand solving this?
Well, I'm clearly having trouble getting gifs to work (shows up fine in my
Preview, but not in the final post)... but who the fuck cares. We're BACK BABY!!!
(03-05-2018, 12:06 AM)paul755 Wrote: Weeeee

Just wanted to add a great big Thanks to Nick and everyone involved in not only the upgrade here but in keeping us all together. 

And I like the new color scheme.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Hell yes
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
Any plans for a mobile version? (not a big deal, the community is what counts).
Looks good. For a minute I thought I was on some other website or worse thought CHUD ceased to exist. Hooray!!
Looks good. Anyone have trouble posting?
Yeah, the new backend doesn't seem particularly stable. I keep getting 'too many connections' errors.
It’s the bandwidth. I have to see how expensive this is going to be. We upgraded the bandwidth. A tier or two up and it becomes a bit cost prohibitive.
Thanks, Nick and Joe!
Appreciate it, Nick!
A few additional suggestions, though I'm not sure how feasible any of these would be:

1. A darker background option.

2. Perhaps a higher number of posts per page. I'm so used to 50 that a page break after only 20 feels like it breaks the flow too much. Maybe it just takes getting used to.

3. Is there a way to better present (in terms of formatting) quoted posts from our replies to that quoted post? Looking at them now, it would be difficult to discern where the quote ends and the new response begins.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Spiffariffic. But, in your no doubt copious free time, would it be possible to get a dark theme at some point?

(03-05-2018, 01:36 AM)belloq87 Wrote: 2. Perhaps a higher number of posts per page. I'm so used to 50 that a page break after only 20 feels like it breaks the flow too much. Maybe it just takes getting used to.
This is adjustable in the user control panel. Absolutely the first thing I noticed, but fortunately easily fixed.
(03-05-2018, 01:36 AM)belloq87 Wrote: 2.  Perhaps a higher number of posts per page.  I'm so used to 50 that a page break after only 20 feels like it breaks the flow too much.  Maybe it just takes getting used to.

Configurable.  Hit the "User CP" link at the top of the page, then "Edit Options" on the left, and then on the right under "Thread View Options", choose from the "Posts Per Page" dropdown.
Fantastic!! Well done Nick, and well done Joe Carlson!
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
Whoa, who turned on all the lights?

And thanks, Nick.
I forgot my old password and the e-mail I used back then no longer exists (relied waaay too much on the FB connection).

But oh well. Fresh start and all. Thanks so much for everything Nick! And thanks to everyone that offered up their weekend to get it live.
Quote:I can't seem to log in with my original account, and either I used a long defunct e-mail to register originally and never updated it, or my e-mail didn't carry over properly and I can't reset the password.

Any way I can get a hand solving this?

I sent an e-mail to TroubleAdmin about this. Hopefully it can be resolved. I really don't want to be nuFafhrd forever.