I have no interest in the main site
5.26%
3 5.26%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Main Site (Please Read This)
I'm gearing up towards refreshing the look of the main page as well as beginning to create new contact, bring writers on, and begin giving this place a life. I know you guys in the past were MB forward and rarely dealt with the main site.

Can I count on your support up there? Shares, Likes, Reads, etc?

To me, this only works if we begin reaching new audience members and adding freshness to here as well as taking the fight to the folks doing really annoying coverage out there. I don't want to recreate CHUD because I don't have the time and it's a different world. But a little love from the core is vital.
I know it all evolves and changes, but I will visit the main site as long as there is content for me. Honestly, there have only been a handful of articles that have interested me so far. I'd like it if there were more mainstream articles posted. And I wish news, reviews, and movie trailers were more timely.

I'm a poor writer, but I am happy to help by posting some news and movie trailers if you want.
Letterboxd Profile: https://letterboxd.com/wd40/

I often feel like I'm stuck in this weird film fan no man's land. Too picky and alert for the proles, too accepting for the bourgeoisie.
-MichaelM

Normal people have such nuanced bad taste.
-Bradito
Nick: will we have the ability to submit scoops and all that?
You saved my favorite messageboard on the internet, so I'll do what I can to support you, Nick.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
I'll support. I'll support even more if the content draws me in!
I'll click and share the hell out of some shit, sure.
I'll be glad to help.
100% in.
Trouble City will be the link I share for trailers and all-around movie news.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I'll be that guy:

I love the community here, how we argue and fight and squabble, but ultimately, have a sense of loyalty to each other. The humor and insight here are without peer. We've been through thick and thin, and part of that comes from our ability to be honest with each other - an honesty that comes out of a sense of caring.

So with that in mind, while I certainly try and click on the main page and read the main site, I gotta be honest and say that none of the current content clicks for me. I couldn't quite tell you why, but it's not engaging to me - it doesn't make me want to click through and read not just one article, but three or four. I just don't feel compelled to share it or even discuss it here.

I know everyone's working hard, and I'll continue to visit the main page to support those efforts. But right now, I, as a reader, am not personally engaged by the content.

I am happy to think about ways that I can personally support or contribute to the site as well.
home taping is killing music
I think one thing that always hurt "cross-pollination" between the site and the forums going back to CHUD, is that they have always felt like two separate websites. Articles have their own in-line discussions, then a totally different discussion in a forum thread. I could see it being easy for visitors to either to forget that the other exists.

Perhaps the forum main page could include a small section on the top/newest main page articles? And the main page could include a small section on the most active or highest-rep forum threads?

For my own part, I've never bookmarked the forum itself, always wanting to see if the main site had anything new or interesting... even when CHUD was nearing the end and that usually led to disappointment. I'll continue to do so, and would like nothing more than for the slightly warped perspective that drew me to CHUD to capture my attention here as well.

I'd also be happy to try my hand at contributing content to the site. I've written and edited professionally in the past, and am slowly getting back into it now.

Either way, "If you build it, they will come." Well, I will anyway. But I'm easy.
Gamertag: Tweakee
As long as the content is engaging and we'll written, I'd be happy to point people this way.
Just as with CHUD, I will always check out the main site before heading the message boards. I'll be sharing all the articles I can!
Shake: I bring you news you give me grief. You know they all think you're dead.

The Punisher: They'll kill each other now.

I try and read and share what I can. And will continue to do so!

If I might make a suggestion...could we link the articles to the boards through a discussion post like the old days? It always felt like a great way to discuss the articles and keep abreast of things.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(03-13-2018, 03:00 AM)Rene (Mr.Eko) Wrote: Just as with CHUD, I will always check out the main site before heading the message boards. I'll be sharing all the articles I can!

Ditto for me. Like CHUD before it, the main Trouble City site is my first stop before heading to the boards, and I click on and at least glance at just about every new piece there. (Speaking of, it's great seeing "Doomsday Reels" still coming out on a regular basis, and the newer writers like Nick Peron and Brandon Marcus are good reads too.) I'm not really on social media, so there's not a lot I can do in terms of sharing Trouble City there (Would my connections on LinkedIn be interested in TC material? Maybe?), but you'll definitely get clicks from me, and if there's a way to support Trouble City directly via Patreon or something, I can try to help there too.
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
No pressure on them or anything, but it might benefit clicks for Nick Peron and Brandon Marcus and any other main-page writers to have a presence on the boards. We don't really know them yet, and it helps to form a bond with a writer when they interact with their community.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
How about that banner linking to the main site?
(03-15-2018, 02:15 AM)Bucho Wrote: How about that banner linking to the main site?
And it has to be a banner in the spirit of Arrested Development
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
You definitely have my support with this!
PSN ID: Dylanf84"Tron Legacy's DTS-HD master audio track raped my subwoofer. Literally, threw it on a pinball table and then blew a load Kryptonian style through it."-Anderson
I’ve always read and appreciated the main site at CHUD and now Trouble City. I don’t even bookmark the message boards and have instead always been in the habit of going to the main site first, looking at the headlines/articles and then clicking through to the community when I’m done there.
When life gives you lemons, lemonade is little consolation. 
(03-12-2018, 06:55 PM)Nooj Wrote: I'll support.  I'll support even more if the content draws me in!
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Happy to add any and all support needed to help the site flourish. I'm also a freelance illustrator (Mostly trading card work), and would be happy to contribute any illustration work you might need (After my July deadlines!). You can check out some of my work here:

https://kapow2003.deviantart.com
Not so much tooth!