Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Return of the Transfomers Watchalong
Back in the day this was always a blast. Because I’m feeling nostalgic who would be up for reviving this tradition.

It’s been a few years and I have forgotten how incompetent Ultra Magnus is.
Nothing of interest to add here

Facebook: Ken Savage
My God yes. It's been too damned long.
I had this on in the background with commentary a couple weeks ago. Flint Dille is so callous about the decision to kill off Prime.

"We were ending the '84 product line." Monster!
We created a Discord for three reasons:

1) It's primarily a voice chat program that has made gaming with CHUD/TC folks much easier.

2) A refuge in case the transition went sideways

3) It has VOICE CHAT.

Since it's inception we have had a Watch-A-Long voice channel ready for just such an occasion. Discord has a desktop application as well as mobile.

We had a fun little Oscar Snark-A-Long the other evening and would love to see the voice channel used for future Watchalongs.

Use these Discord links to join!
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
I sound like Orson Welles IRL.
To add support for the use of Discord...

Trouble City's message boards smartly prevents a user (at least me) from submitting posts one immediately after another.

I don't know if that's a good thing or not for a watch-along, but it doesn't sound all that fun to me.
Sounds like Discord is the way forward then

We can also make a #watchalong text channel so those who can't/don't want to participate via voice can still do so at the same time.
Survival is the name of the game, William. The scruffiest hippie is my messenger...do not expect radiant messengers of light. Expect the flawed, the maimed in body and spirit. It's all a film run backward...the Atom Bomb through the Manhattan Project to the formula...E=MC2.
So we're going to basically do a conference call?
Depending on how many people come onboard, it seems like the text channel is the most reliable bet.

Talking to people during the Oscars was fun, but with too many people, it feels like most of the time would be dedicated to dealing with technical issues (audio delays, weird clicking noises, etc).

And TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE isn't long!
(03-14-2018, 05:27 PM)bradito Wrote: So we're going to basically do a conference call?

That is one way to describe the voice channel, yes.
(03-14-2018, 05:36 PM)Nooj Wrote: Depending on how many people come onboard, it seems like the text channel is the most reliable bet.

Talking to people during the Oscars was fun, but with too many people, it feels like most of the time would be dedicated to dealing with technical issues (audio delays, weird clicking noises, etc).

And TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE isn't long!
The audio delays we experienced in the Oscar one was due to station delays. As long as folks started the film close enough together it should be too much of an issue I would wager.

And if SOMEONE uses a proper mic there shouldn't be any clicking.   Rolleyes
I JUST WANTED TO HEAR YOU ALL BETTER!!
I love you Ken Savage.
We've never used VOIP software to give a movie the MST3K treatment before. It's obvious, in hindsight.
Is this happening?
frankiesmithart.com
INPRNT Shop (for prints)

"I like arguments" 
Prince

It better be, I just upgraded my work Skype Headset

Fuck... I might be in for this.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Won't this end up being a dozen people just talking over each other? That's how all my conference calls with three or more people at work go.
I'm sure Chewers are polite enough to wait for their chance to speak.

"If I can shoot rabbits, then I can shoot fascists" -  The Manic Street Preachers

Steam ID: iammrsaxon / Blizzard ID: MrSaxon#2283 / Xbox ID: MR SAX0N
It'd be worth it to get a sing-a-long for 'Dare' going...
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(03-19-2018, 07:48 AM)MrSaxon Wrote: I'm sure Chewers are polite enough to wait for their chance to speak.

Dude, we're not all Canadian.
What if some of us have eerily similar voices? We'd be like "Who the hell just said that??".

Will I have to affect a local Rhode Island accent to distinguish myself?