Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Sorry to Bother You' - a movie, not an inquiry
I did a search here and didn't see any mentions about this film.

Looks fun....for some reason, I'm getting a Repo Man vibe from it.

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Reviews out of Sundance were pretty wild - even the more negative ones make it sound like this is gonna be worth seeing.
That looks pretty good. Love the surreal touches we're seeing - in the vein of GET OUT, using a genre/style to explore deeper race and culture issues.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
May I suggest adding 'Pre-Release Thread' or similar to the thread title? I looked at the current title and was honestly wondering if this was supposed to be the subject line of a PM.
(03-20-2018, 01:43 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: May I suggest adding 'Pre-Release Thread' or similar to the thread title?  I looked at the current title and was honestly wondering if this was supposed to be the subject line of a PM.

Big Grin  gotcha to look.

edited the title.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
(03-20-2018, 01:41 PM)MichaelM Wrote: That looks pretty good. Love the surreal touches we're seeing - in the vein of GET OUT, using a genre/style to explore deeper race and culture issues.

The trailer hit me a little differently.   It didn't really seem like a genre piece, more like 80% Spike Lee, 20%... Stephen Chow?  I dunno.  Looks wild, though.  Definitely want to see it.
Anyone ever check this out? Came out this weekend, I believe.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

It’s just limited this weekend, goes wide next weekend. I’m excited to see it.