Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT (Chapter Two: The Ritual of Chüd) Pre-Release Discussion
We aaaaaaaaaaall nitpick down here!
And like magic, it has appeared.

Cast is shaping up nicely!
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
IT: YOU'LL FLOAT TWO
McAvoy is a solid pick that I don’t think I had considered.
Hey! Why is this thread not called The Ritual of Chüd?
(04-12-2018, 06:48 PM)shan Wrote: Hey! Why is this thread not called The Ritual of Chüd?

[Image: e078db4346989aa6d25da6b0c0d2820b82da1d31_hq.jpg]
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

McAvoy isn't allowed to have hair in a role? Him and Hader are solid though.
Wow so that are going with an all star cast. I kind of figured they would go a little lighter on the star power. I mean people are going to see this regardless so why not save the money? Still McAvoy... Also Bill Hader is someone I never thought about for some reason.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I'm good with McAvoy and Hader.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
(04-12-2018, 06:48 PM)shan Wrote: Hey! Why is this thread not called The Ritual of Chüd?

I ain't yo monkey!
It would be great if you know who was cast with a really big name, so his death would be a big shock (for those that aren't in the know).

Or better yet, subvert expectations and don't kill what's his face.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
It should be Idris Elba.
Idris Elba for everyone!

I'm thinking some major stunt casting. Like Adam Sandler.

Also I'm hoping Eddie is finally revealed as a homosexual. I've long suspected that was King's intention with the character in the book, and the 1990 mini-series basically all but outs him, as this tidy little essay investigates: http://primalscenes.blogspot.com/2016/08...ennis.html

And although the 2017 movie didn't really do anything with it, Eddie does have a moment where he's ranting about AIDS, a perfect storm of him being a hypochondriac and closet homosexual.

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

(04-13-2018, 09:55 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: It would be great if [Character Name Redacted] was cast with a really big name, so his death would be a big shock (for those that aren't in the know).

Easy on the spoilers, Ace!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Ack, sorry. I assumed everyone on this board has seen the 1990 mini-series at least.

Never read the book, never saw the mini-series. Unicorns are real!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Michael, if we catered to your spoiler sensibilities based upon what you've yet to see, this place would be a ghost town of activity!

What I'm saying is... watch some shit!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Anyways, Eddie as gay. That's two days in a row I've tried to make something gay!

Pooché, Michael!
Leslie Odom Jr. as Mike or GTFO.

I think they should go full hunk for Ben. Like cast a Skarsgaard or some shit.
home taping is killing music
Hah, the irony of Alexander Skarsgaard facing off with Bill Skarsgaard would be pretty great.

Would also take a Hemsworth.
Idris Elba for Ben, too.
However.

Is it fat-shaming in our Year of the Lord 2018 to imply that his weight was something Ben had to overcome?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????

*stirs the pot*

It's not fat-shaming if the extant text (yasssssss) directly has Ben losing the weight. Additionally, the subtext of the novel indicates that the kids are changed in some immutable way by leaving Derry - Bill's stutter, Ben's weight, Eddie's asthma - but it still scars them.
*leans back in chair, smiles mercurially*

I'm a fan of fat-shaming, so I'll let it stand.

*leans further back in his chair*
Nah have Ben require a motorized scooter to get around. Pennywise can show up as a salad and terrorize Ben with the lack of ranch dressing. Maybe he's going to literally consume Mike and the reason he got stuck in Derry is because he's unable to afford an entire aisle of plane seats to leave?
I was mostly joking. But I've always thought King's fascination with obesity is really strange. He thinks fat people are just the most disgusting thing imaginable, and will devote entire paragraphs to describing someone's weight.

He also pretty much personifies that meme the other day of how men write women. Most of his introductions of women involve their pointy breasts beneath tight sweaters.

Also flatulence. Everyone is always farting in King books.

Man do I love King books.

(04-13-2018, 11:31 AM)boone daniels Wrote: Leslie Odom Jr. as Mike or GTFO.

He was good in MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS, though he looks maybe slightly too young. I guess they could age him up a touch.
I've been thinking Wyatt Cynac as Mike for a while now. He is way too laconic/somniferous, I know . . . I just think it works though.

It's the eyes. They look old and tired. Or stoned.
Sterling K Brown or bust.
(04-13-2018, 01:13 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Sterling K Brown or bust.

Yeah, he'd probably be my top pick, too.
I too am all about Sterling K Brown as Mike. Every time I see him now, I’m like ‘I hope he plays Mike’

Sidebar: that SNL sketch about Shrek he just did is the best since, well, since the Kelly Anne Conway as Pennywise one.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN