Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT (Chapter Two: The Ritual of Chüd) Pre-Release Discussion
Richie. Funny comic that had the unfortunate luck of being cast on ABCs, Thursday Night Live during one of its "low points". Now plays small secondary characters and voices a loveable droid in a movie series called Star Battles

(04-14-2018, 11:59 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: In other news, Grace's continued distaste for Jessica Chastain is endlessly amusing to me...

Jane Lynch looks better with short hair
(04-14-2018, 11:33 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I am really interested to see if the opening with the gay couple is included. Considering Henry never drops any n-bombs in Chapter One, when he does about 50,000 times in the book, makes me think the filmmakers will shy away, though.

I’ve wanted to see the Adrian Mellon/armpit bite realized on screen forever. It would be so poignant, especially with the change in time periods.
(04-14-2018, 11:33 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I am really interested to see if the opening with the gay couple is included. Considering Henry never drops any n-bombs in Chapter One, when he does about 50,000 times in the book, makes me think the filmmakers will shy away, though.

I assumed that would open this movie the same way Georgie's death open the first one. It would also show that the citizens of Derry are terrible people who are more than willing to look the other way.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I keep seeing this thread title and assuming it's some kind of successor to The IT Crowd.
And now James Ransone is officially on board as Eddie. It’s like all the internet’s guesses are coming true. I guess we’ll probably be getting Sterling K Brown and Jerry O’Connell pretty soon.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Oh, nice! Just got exposure to that guy by (finally) watching/finishing season 2 of The Wire.
this movie feels like it came out years ago!
(05-16-2018, 12:38 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: And now James Ransone is officially on board as Eddie. It’s like all the internet’s guesses are coming true. I guess we’ll probably be getting Sterling K Brown and Jerry O’Connell pretty soon.

I'd be happy to see Sterling K. Brown as adult Mike, but right now I cannot picture anyone other than Brian Tyree Henry after this season of ATLANTA.  Or the guy that played Kincaid in DREAM WARRIORS, I think he'd be great too.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
(05-16-2018, 12:38 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: And now James Ransone is officially on board as Eddie.

He certainly looks like he could plausibly be the adult version of the character. Surprised they didn't go for a bigger name, though, given who they're already circling.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Andy Bean (who? exactly) is Stan
Was hoping they'd go for stunt casting with Stan.
Been some great casting going on here. BUT WHO WILL BE MIKE?
I wouldn't say no to Winston Duke as Mike. Fucking love that guy after Black Panther. And I think he looks more like Chosen Jacobs than Sterling K. Brown does.

James Ransome is great. If you haven't watched Generation Kill yet, he's amazing in that and him playing off of Alexander Skarsgard is one of the best parts of the mini-series.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Jay Ryan cast as adult Ben. Anyone familiar with this guys' work?

http://www.slashfilm.com/it-chapter-2-cast-jay-ryan/
So apparently WB can only afford 3 "names" in this cast. Weird.

I was getting genuinely excited about an all-star cast for the adult Losers.
I'm fine with it. The adult section of It is a big step down in the book and it was in the miniseries as well. I'm already anticipating liking this a little less than Part One. An all-star cast may have softened the blow a little but I doubt it would have completely saved it.
I just think an all-star cast would make this feel like a proper EVENT. Now, maybe after the success of the first movie, the studio figures it doesn't need to be any more of an event.

Ransone and Ryan may well be excellent in the movie, but they feel like made-for-TV choices to me at this point, not motion picture choices.
They cast Old Spice guy as grown up Mike. Really going cheap I guess.

http://www.slashfilm.com/it-chapter-2-ca...h-mustafa/
Wow.

How are they not expecting Chastain, McAvoy, and Hader to totally overshadow the rest of this cast?

I would have thought they'd go stars or no stars, not a mixture like this.
(06-10-2018, 03:56 PM)Munson Wrote: They cast Old Spice guy as grown up Mike. Really going cheap I guess.

Don't you underestimate him!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-10-2018, 03:56 PM)Munson Wrote: They cast Old Spice guy as grown up Mike. Really going cheap I guess.

Maybe he's a fantastic actor. Tell you know, he's glad he ain't doing shitty commercial work anymore.
Look at your old childhood friends.

Now look at the Clown Spider.

Now look back at your old childhood friends.

I'm on a Space Turtle.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I finished the book a while back! It's pretty good. A little long.
https://www.avclub.com/it-chapter-2-has-...1803817014

Yeesh, I wasn't aware of this. In the book, he's the sensible voice of reason that manages to keep the others sane and grounded. Now he's a fucking junkie? Jesus.
Way not to read the article
(06-11-2018, 09:04 PM)nickp Wrote: Way not to read the article

K.
"I want to make his character the one pivotal character who brings them all together, but staying in Derry took a toll with him. I want him to be a junkie actually. A librarian junkie. When the second movie starts, he’s a wreck.”
Well at least he will be well read on the subject of heroin.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
(06-11-2018, 10:28 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: "I want to make his character the one pivotal character who brings them all together, but staying in Derry took a toll with him. I want him to be a junkie actually. A librarian junkie. When the second movie starts, he’s a wreck.”
Well at least he will be well read on the subject of heroin.

No shortage of High Times magazines in the Periodicals section of that library.
Its good to know that Mike will have more to do, but I don't know how I feel about him being a junkie. I guess I have to see how it plays out. In the book, one of adult Mike's diary entering's is written while he is drunk; so one could say its not completely out of character. Now that I'm thinking about it, Mike could just be a little off due to his time staying in Derry, researching the Pennywise's history and remembering what they went though.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Mike isn't supposed to be successful in Derry. Everyone who left is though, so it's in keeping. He's the one that stayed behind and kept remembering, while everyone else forgot.
(06-12-2018, 11:49 PM)carnotaur3 Wrote: Mike isn't supposed to be successful in Derry. Everyone who left is though, so it's in keeping. He's the one that stayed behind and kept remembering, while everyone else forgot.

And if you tilt your head, there's just possibly some timely themes being played somewhat subtly there.

I'm actually VERY interested to see "modern" Derry in the present-day context.  There's some opportunities for a lot of social commentary there without beating anyone over the head with it.
I do kind of hope they have the balls to put Dubay, Garton and Unwin in red MAGA hats...
They won't but I am curious how they handle Adrian Mellon or whatever route they take to "kick off" the latest cycle.
This would seem to indicate the modern-day opening of the book is going to be adapted: http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/35057...tom-rogan/
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I was kind of hoping Tom Rogan was going to get left by the wayside, but apparently not!