Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT (Chapter Two: The Ritual of Chüd) Pre-Release Discussion
Tom being possessed by Henry Bowers can still work, it'll just be his spirit. That way you can lose the whole section with the mental institute escape.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I'm in favor of anything that streamlines that subplot.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I'm just gonna slide in here and say I hope Henry Bowers is completely dead and gone because I don't think he's at all necessary if Tom's part of this.
It doesn't seem too plausible that Henry could have survived his fall, and there was no mention of him getting the deaths pinned on him, so I would be a little surprised if he shows up.
But like I said above, in the book after present-day Henry dies, Tom is pretty much possessed by Henry's spirit as he starts having Henry's flashbacks to being in the sewer in 1958.

Just streamline that by having Tom always having Henry visions.

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

Or just have Tom be a bastard. It doesn't feel like Henry needs to be a part of it for any other reason than it happened in the book.
*shrugs*

I do wonder how they will handle Bev being in an abusive relationship in Chapter 2. In Chapter 1 it shows that she is no longer afraid of her father and that is why she wasn't afraid of Pennywise. A safe bet is since she doesn't remember much of her childhood in Derry, she forgot how strong she can be. The same will go for Eddie. I'm assuming as an adult he still believes he can't go anywhere without a bunch of pills.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
(06-21-2018, 07:55 PM)chaz Wrote: I do wonder how they will handle Bev being in an abusive relationship in Chapter 2. In Chapter 1 it shows that she is no longer afraid of her father and that is why she wasn't afraid of Pennywise. A safe bet is since she doesn't remember much of her childhood in Derry, she forgot how strong she can be. The same will go for Eddie. I'm assuming as an adult he still believes he can't go anywhere without a bunch of pills.

I would be totally fine if they just dropped the whole Bev is being abused storyline and maybe change it to she has a problem with intimacy and all of her relationships don't work because while she no longer accepts abuse she can't trust that they won't eventually in some form. She is going to have trust issues with men with a father like that. So then when she meets back up with.....yeah.

(06-21-2018, 03:43 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: It doesn't seem too plausible that Henry could have survived his fall, and there was no mention of him getting the deaths pinned on him, so I would be a little surprised if he shows up.

There is also no mention of if those floating kids were dead or alive. And if they were dead why were they floating? TELL ME IT!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Naw, Tom is totally going to be the Henry Bowers surrogate, in full.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(06-13-2018, 02:10 PM)mike j Wrote: They won't but I am curious how they handle Adrian Mellon or whatever route they take to "kick off" the latest cycle.

Well, they cast Xavier Dolan as Adrian, so I guess they decided to go there.
Tom as Bowers surrogate could work... if he teams up with zombie Bowers.
Well then, guess that answers that question: http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/35062...chapter-2/

And the cavalcade of actors we've never heard of continues!

Apparently Audra's been cast, too.
Should folks just not post any casting news here unless the person is a mega-star, or are folks just being salty that the film isn't blowing half it's budget purely on the cast?
Of course people can post casting news. My remarks are half in jest.

I just think it's a missed opportunity to not go with a bigger cast, that's all. After the top three, this thing is lower-rent than the miniseries cast was back in 1990, which I think is an odd way to go. I was expecting the prestige treatment for this one after the first film blew the doors off, financially.
Teach Grant can't be a real name.
I have zero problem with the cast constitution, r/e stars vs unknowns. I'd prefer the film not be focused to tightly on Bev, Bill and Richie, but that's the only real concern I have. Otherwise, I think it's kind of cool to see a mix. Which new guy will be the stand out? How is the film's focus divided?

This half of the story is considerably more challenging. It'll be huge when it opens, but I'm mostly curious to see how they pull it off. And unlike the last film, the book and TV movie have very little to offer in terms of structure for this chunk. How are they going to present the seven phone calls? Show only a few of them? All of them? None? Not to mention that the majority of the iconic scare moments happen in the kids sequences too. Aside from the final confrontation, and I guess the fortune cookies. And speaking of the final confrontation, in the wake of the first one's massive success and the finality of this one's ending, how weird will that get? Full Chud, Deadlights and astral dimension travel?

I'm psyched, is what I'm saying.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I’ve said it before, but I like the idea of the adults doing the ritual of Chud over the children. It’s just a more likely thing for spiritually and open minded adults to do than it is for children.
The chronology basically being Mike calls everyone, we get their reactions (Ben goes to a bar, for instance), everyone arrives in Derry and meets for Chinese, that's easily first act stuff.

There's also lots of opportunity to utilize footage from the first movie as flashbacks, or even film new scenes. After they leave the Chinese restaurant and purposefully venture out into their old stomping grounds, basically trying to provoke a reaction from Pennywise to get "proof", the plot device that their memories are repressed means this stuff can bubble back up. And during that sequence, like Eddie at the baseball field, you can fill in some blanks the first movie left out.

So sure, ritual of CHUD could be done as adults and show them flash back to when they're kids. A big part of the big is how time starts to bleed together and how they're "twinning" with their younger selves.

Sure the young actors are getting older every day, but it can be fudged a bit.

I like that twinning idea, bart. Perfect idea to bring the kids back into part 2.
I thought the kids were confirmed a long time ago? Maybe they are getting all the money so we are left with Old Spice and verb man.
Apparently there was a scene cut, that showed Henry washing out a tunnel with the dead bodies and the cops coming to take him in.
My idea. He's in the peas and carrots club, paralyzed in an asylum. Pennywise gives him the ability to regain his thoughts and walk again.
Here's to hopin' shit's about to get a little weird.

[Image: DhHCeALU8AM2dp5.jpg]
Haha, can't help but think of the Last Supper even though this isn't exactly mimicking that.

A missed opportunity to have Pennywise subtly drawn into one of the pictures in the background.
"It's the Old Spice Guy! Can you fucking believe it?!"
He looks a lot like the young Mike actor in this picture.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(07-02-2018, 02:22 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: He looks a lot like the young Mike actor in this picture.

Ben actor is showing a fair bit of resemblance, too.  Or at least I assume that's Ben Actor in the middle.
Via Boss Logic

Adrian's got his Don Hagarty https://deadline.com/2018/07/it-chapter-...202424255/