Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT (Chapter Two: The Ritual of Chüd) Pre-Release Discussion
So yeah Amy Adams would have been the obvious choice for Bev (wasn't meant to be), but for a not so obvious choice, I submit the fancasting of Jenny Lewis (The Wizard w/ Fred Savage). She appears to be doing more music now than acting. But Google her...
Here's the teaser, which is really more of a condensed scene followed by a brief sizzle reel...

If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I'm there. Dug Part 1, and feel confident Part 2 will stick the landing.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Yep, looked great.
I barely remember seeing the first movie,

but that is one confident teaser
I watched it with the sound off on my phone. No idea what's going on, but I'm sure it'll play better on the big screen.

And by "on the big screen," I mean I would love for this to be another one of those trailers that "accidentally" runs in front of a children's movie like "Detective Pikachu" or whatever.
Yeah that looks about right. I am curious how they handle the ending.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I assume good will triumph over evil and then they will roll what are called in the industry "the closing credits."
The first minute of that trailer is probably the one thing I'll remember from either of these movies.
Looks good. The adult half of It is the weaker part of the story, but I'm still looking forward to it.
Kinda getting a SHINING vibe from that old lady in that trailer.
I'm not a fan of this era's noticeable colour grading in films, but I think it actively harms horror films. IT was so slick that my eyes damn near kept slipping from the screen. Gimme The Shining's intense whites, Alien's heaped on black, or The Exorcist's wintry tones over all these washed out greys and browns.

I liked IT, but feel it - like almost every Stephen King adaptation - someone went through the book and actively thought about how they could make all the scary bits less scary. I expect this will be fun, but not a classic. The scene in the trailer reminds me of all the bits of IT Pt I. that were very nearly unnerving, but which ruined it with loud noises or Pennywise spazzing out towards the camera.
(05-09-2019, 03:12 PM)rexbanner Wrote: I'm not a fan of this era's noticeable colour grading in films, but I think it actively harms horror films. IT was so slick that my eyes damn near kept slipping from the screen. Gimme The Shining's intense whites, Alien's heaped on black, or The Exorcist's wintry tones over all these washed out greys and browns.

YES!!!
Can't say I am a fan of the way they paused the old woman's face. In that, it felt like someone pressed the "play" button when she started talking again.
the lady scampering in the background is always so funny!
(05-09-2019, 03:34 PM)RCA Wrote: Can't say I am a fan of the way they paused the old woman's face. In that, it felt like someone pressed the "play" button when she started talking again.

I thought that bit worked really well. It was like she got stuck and reset. You see hints of similar things in Pennywise's demeanor in the first IT, especially his interaction with Georgie. He's not perfect at emulating human emotion or behavior.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Why is Hader doing one of his Documentary Now voices?
home taping is killing music
I was already sold, so I think I’d have preferred to see that scene play out in the film itself. Ah well.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Clowns... Why'd it have to be clowns?
I've read the book so I figured things would get weird with Bev and the old woman, and I wasn't disappointed. I was happy to hear her pronounce father fadder because that is right out of the novel.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
My only issue is the production design. It's probably the color grading to a large degree, but the place still looks gross. In the book, it's described as very well-kept.
Oh my God, that fucking shuffle... It gave me the heebie-jeebies!
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
(05-09-2019, 03:34 PM)WRCA Wrote: Can't say I am a fan of the way they paused the old woman's face.  In that, it felt like someone pressed the "play" button when she started talking again.

Strongest part of the trailer for me.

Creeped me the Fuck out.

Waiting to see how she’d pop back was the scariest bit.
Watched the trailer. I think something's not quite right with that old lady.

Macavoy's going full American with the voice, eh?

Dis friggin Loozuh's Club is gonna be da death uh me!

I'll probably see it, I liked the first one. There's gonna be a giant spider and a big Chinese buffet, what else do you need in a movie?
I'm REALLY hoping for the vampire in the library scene.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
Old woman shuffle was hilarious. Bill's not bald? Boycott
I do appreciate that Hader looks exactly like you'd expect a 2018 Richie to look, i.e., Mark Maron.

Though I think they missed an opportunity to put him in a beard for that Stephen King homage.
home taping is killing music
Wouldn't Bill get the beard? He's the obligatory King stand in character.
Bill should be bald! McAvoy’s been rocking the chrome dome for a while, he couldn’t keep it for this?
The first film and this trailer absolutely SPANKS all that Conjuring-verse nonsense. This is gonna be a top 5 of the year for moi.

I bet...we get an homage to the spider but get something way more fucked up for the end of IT..
(05-09-2019, 03:12 PM)rexbanner Wrote: I'm not a fan of this era's noticeable colour grading in films, but I think it actively harms horror films. IT was so slick that my eyes damn near kept slipping from the screen. Gimme The Shining's intense whites, Alien's heaped on black, or The Exorcist's wintry tones over all these washed out greys and browns.

I liked IT, but feel it - like almost every Stephen King adaptation - someone went through the book and actively thought about how they could make all the scary bits less scary. I expect this will be fun, but not a classic. The scene in the trailer reminds me of all the bits of IT Pt I. that were very nearly unnerving, but which ruined it with loud noises or Pennywise spazzing out towards the camera.

Couldn't agree more, except to be even more of a curmudgeon than you here, I didn't even like the movie. Outside of the first half hour, culminating with the prolonged sequence in the library, a few decent scenes of childhood camaraderie, the "apathetic" car passing by, and finally, of course, Sophia Lillis.

Somewhat over-the-top horror is one thing, and I was going in expecting and even hoping for it based on Stephen King's work but IT continually lost me by jarring me out of its world with the over-production and the elements you cover above. 

Hoping the sequel takes the weaker portion of King's sprawling tale and makes a more complete, better film out of it than the 2017 movie did out of the childhood part.
I'll enjoy this I'm sure, but RedLetterMedia has it right that the LOUD NOISES screaming and clashing is not scary, it's startling. I'm there for the moments like the creepy old lady spider walking around and the good creepy shit. Then when the actual scare comes and it's all AHHFHFHRHHDHFSFJJK!! I'll mentally check out.
(05-10-2019, 08:07 PM)freeman Wrote: I'll enjoy this I'm sure, but RedLetterMedia has it right that the LOUD NOISES screaming and clashing is not scary, it's startling.  I'm there for the moments like the creepy old lady spider walking around and the good creepy shit.  Then when the actual scare comes and it's all AHHFHFHRHHDHFSFJJK!!  I'll mentally check out.

Precisely. Dreadful creepiness beats out CRASH! BANG! WHAM! WHOOSH! for me as well.