Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Critic/ Criticism Catch-All
Alas no, I was hoping your next post would be something on either Anderson Paak or Greg Dulli to confirm my superpowers are for realz.
Anyone watching Hip-hop evolution on Netflix? A really, really great docu-series that gives a lot of context to the rise of rap. Like, I've always known 2livecrew's "Me so Horny" a ridiculous rap song they play at bars.

I had no idea that it was at the center of a censorship battle between artists and the government.
 I think all Marvel films are okay. This is my design.

Except for Thor 2: the literal worst.
Jordan Hoffman: "I have seen the “lost” Sydney Pollack documentary of Aretha Franklin’s AMAZING GRACE and it is one the finest music films of *all time*. My 5-Star review."

Amazing Grace review – transcendent Aretha Franklin documentary
5 / 5 stars 5 out of 5 stars.

The queen of soul didn’t want this film of a two-night recording session in a Baptist church to be seen – but it’s a spine-tingling sensation

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/no...ocumentary

"But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out (in)"

"Bitchin'! Is this in 3-D?"

"No, but your face is."

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Dang, it sucks she didn't want it to be released, I wonder why the heck she was so opposed to it. Didn't want to be seen all sweaty? Had a major falling out with Cleveland? Not a fan of Muscle Jesus?
Three Feet From God: An Oral History of Nirvana ‘Unplugged’

Twenty-five years after the historic performance that became the band’s best-selling final album, we talked to producers, directors, musicians, and fans present for Kurt Cobain and Nirvana’s greatest performance

By Alan Siegel Nov 14, 2018, 6:30am EST

https://www.theringer.com/music/2018/11/...urt-cobain

"The best television episode of the 1990s starred a short, blond man and his band. On November 18, 1993, at Sony Music Studios in New York City, Nirvana took on MTV Unplugged. That night, the biggest group of the decade staged one of the most hypnotically intimate rock concerts ever captured on film.

Wearing a fuzzy cardigan, ratty button-down, Frightwig T-shirt, jeans, and Converse sneakers, Kurt Cobain—with help from drummer Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Novoselic, guitarist Pat Smear, and cellist Lori Goldston—orchestrated a performance that was heartfelt, funny, uncomfortable, and mesmerizing. Nirvana’s appearance on the acoustic series proved something that close observers already knew: The loudest band on earth had a stunning amount of depth.

Cobain subtly subverted the format, which usually featured acts playing stripped-down versions of their hits, by filling the set list with cover songs. He also invited two of his musical heroes, Cris and Curt Kirkwood of the little-known Meat Puppets. The lead singer even helped design the set, asking for it to be decorated with stargazer lilies and black candles.

The room’s haunting vibe later led the event to be described as sorrowful, but despite Cobain’s well-documented struggles at the time, the evening was far from dour. As the show progressed, those in attendance began to realize that what they were watching would become legendary."

"But when you talk about destruction

Don't you know that you can count me out (in)"

"Bitchin'! Is this in 3-D?"

"No, but your face is."

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"