Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2018 Pre-release Discussion (and teaser poster)
Music 
They dropped the teaser poster for Halloween 2018 a few hours ago. What does everyone think of the cracked and aged mask?

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm trying to imagine what 70-year-old Nick Castle will be like back in action.

Is it, strangely enough, possible that Michael's age will be factored into this movie?
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
From what I read of an interview with a stuntman a few weeks ago, Castle is playing The Shape in a few of the walking scenes and the rest is done by a guy a bit bigger and younger than him. A veteran by the name James Jude Courtney.

I’d be happy to have Castle on set to do any stalking done at wide angles for far off shots, because no one else was able to get it as good as him.

When it comes to them aging him that’s a hard guess, especially if they keep with him Jax st being a malevolent force of nature. It’s a strange balance to pull off.

Maybe Myers has the lifespan of a normal human, but within the confines of that life deadpan, he is somewhat invincible? So they can keep nd of have their cake and eat it too.
I always figured that Michael was somewhat immortal. By Resurrection in 2002 he would've been in his 50s, and I figured at the time age wouldn't be a factor.

Kind of like Jason and Crystal Lake, it's fitting that a long period of time has passed since the initial incident, allowing the boogeyman character to become an urban legend of sorts.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I think with them taking out all the sequels, they will be trying to humanize him a bit more, but how I don’t know. Because you would still have to explain how he survived the injuries he withstood in the last ten minutes of the film. I mean, just the knife stab to the throat and hanger to the eye would have been pretty serious injuries, added on top of 6 near point blank shots with a .38.

Did he run somewhere immediately and receive medical attention? McBride said in a few interviews that they want to bring back the simple idea of a guy looking through your windows, but you still have to dabble in a bit of the unknown for it to work.
Poster looks good. I like the simplicity of it. Speaking of keeping it simple, I say don't explain why Myers is back and how he survived; just make a tension filled slasher movie. The first movie works because its keeps it simple and concentrates on creating suspense.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I just KNOW that they will have jokes about Laurie Strode “ whoa I thought guy you were dead!” And in doing so have to bring up the absence of Myers for 40 years, and I doubt they’ll just shrug, I’m just wondering HOW it’ll be broached...
I just can't wait to see a 65 year old Michael Myers huffing and puffing. Pausing to rest and rub his bad knees.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
A walker with tennis balls on the legs would be fantastic. One of those with a little basket on to carry a 15 inch carving knife.
"I'll live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

PSN and Steam gamer tag: rockbollocks

Blizzard ID: Rockbollocks#11635
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/al...el-a159870
Woof, that article about test screenings. Not that I had any real expectations for this to actually be good.

And I hate the poster. I don't want a reflective, aging, sad Michael Myers.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
So it's basically like every other Halloween sequel.

ETA: Horror Twitter is saying the original article is bogus and there was no test screening.

For a minute, I was all bummed because I probably could've gone to that test screening last week.

ETA: Oh, shit. A guy on Horror Twitter shared pics of his test screening comment card. Eek, maybe it did happen!
The test screening pics are apparently a hoax.. I’ll take Carpenters word for it
I don't know what to believe!!
I hope it's a lie because I saw the words "investigative podcast journalist".

If that's true, I hate it already!*

*I'm joking. Mostly.
Is it just called Halloween?

The mask on the teaser poster looks like a still from the Rob Zombie movie.

Laurie is back to being NOT Michael's sister? Is that correct?

Just my opinion but yes, I think Michael Myer's age will factor in to it. How?...I don't know. Just a feeling. I just feel like the REAL Michael Myers may not be the main killer (but whoever IS will definitely have the mask). Or the only killer. If this is even disregarding Halloween II (which is the one thing about this that gives me pause. I love that movie) and this will be Myers' first appearance in FORTY YEARS...I'm curious to find out where he was all that time. Man I'm pumped for this!
There’s a line in that (potentially fake) article about how this isn’t the ‘nuanced and rich tapestry fans were hoping for’. Is that for real? Is that what fans are hoping for? Because I’ve seen all these films, and they’re at their absolute worst when they’re trying to be complicated.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I'm expecting a movie that I'm gonna like a lot....but I don't think the words nuanced and rich tapestry (of what?) ever cross my mind when I try to picture what this will be like. A degree of subtlety would be nice. I don't want to see "Michael Myers-worn out pop culture icon" again. I want to see the motherfucking Shape back. A being that's basically quiet death riding a cold wind. Always watching. Always there. Never noticed until it's far too late. Not getting roundhouse kicked by Busta Rhymes..
In the original film - hell, in the first two films - the Shape isn't fucking nuanced or "rich." He's a dark, unknowable force of (super)nature. That's the appeal to the viewer's fear; that this isn't a knowable, comprehensible human being we're dealing with.

Let's hope Carpenter is being honest and that the report of the test screening was a hoax.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
He should be a force of nature, but still have a human lifespan, if that makes sense.

Sure, he can live to be 78, but with those 78 years , he is godlike. He can’t be hurt, he will age, and may slow down a bit, but when he reaches that point. He just shuts down, and is done for.

This, in my opinion, is the only way they can have what McBride AND Carpenter expect from the character.

How else do you have “just a guy that looks through your windows”-McBride to “a force of nature”-Carpenter?
(04-22-2018, 06:53 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I don't want a reflective, aging, sad Michael Myers.

The light illuminating his mask in the poster is actually from a laptop, where Michael has just posted an anti-Hillary meme on Laurie's Facebook page, beginning what was to become a screed against the "loony left", shattering her mind. Laurie's daughter, a tech-savvy youngster, hits back, before he can post his "Obama is a Muslim" cartoon, with a Silver Shamrock Youtube vid disguised as an Alex Jones diatribe and Michael's head decays into a pool of pulsating insects moments after eagerly pressing play.
Or not.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
The movie's actually titled #Halloween. Michael is too old to stalk Laurie physically so he Facebook stalks her.

Alternately, Laurie was rendered mute due to the trauma she suffered 40 years ago. She finds out Michael is really just a mutated indestructible human who's locked away in a government facility. She starts to visit him there and eventually falls in love with him. Halloween H20 = The Shape of Water *mind blown*

Yes, I'm drinking..
The test screening absolutely happened.
I trust Dark Shape because I want to believe what he is telling me is true.
The Winnetka 12 has super comfy chairs and that's all I'm gonna say.
I miss everything!
First trailer revealed at Cinemacon.
http://deadline.com/2018/04/halloween-mo...202376629/
Some tweets on another site describe the trailer scene rundown in detail. Some of the imagery sounds pretty interesting. Plus the fact they are kind of taking a “true crime” route with the feel of Myers and his mythology. A lot of pages are stating we could see the trailer as soon as tonight.
The description doesn't get me excited. The whole bathroom stall scene sounded almost like the one from H20. But here's hoping the actual footage fares better.
The like the idea of Myers slashing his way through different houses, maybe not even thinking of Laurie, which would be the best case scenario.

The bathroom stall scene in H20 had a little girl scared of spiders, this sounds like he is psychologically taunting this woman with a handful of bloody teeth. Teeth of a stranger or worse, someone she knows. Myers did fuckall to the woman in H20 and had an opportunity.
I'm curious about the reports that Michael apparently starts the movie in confinement. How exactly does that square with the statements of the filmmakers that this movie is a direct sequel to the original? Michael sure as hell didn't end that movie in confinement, and to explain it away with a line of dialogue ("Oh, they caught him an hour later!") doesn't seem like it would be terribly good drama, even if it's only part of the set-up.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Yeah, I don't know what's up with that either. I guess they found him that night and put him back in.