Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2018 Pre-release Discussion (and teaser poster)
I was thinking that too, but maybe they filmed a flashback sequence. That may upset some people just as much as a throwaway line though. What I’m wondering is, his injuries. He was shot 6 times, in that first shot that Loomis delivers after Laurie rips the mask off, doesn’t he get him in the head? I always thought he did, or were they all center mass?
I don't think so. He got shot in both eyes in H2, but we ignoring that shit.
(04-25-2018, 10:19 PM)carnotaur3 Wrote: I don't think so. He got shot in both eyes in H2, but we ignoring that shit.

Yeah but but his other senses got SO much stronger so it's cool.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I like how Michael went for his eyes like he only had an itch in them.
(04-25-2018, 11:28 PM)carnotaur3 Wrote: I like how Michael went for his eyes like he only had an itch in them.

Well that was back when men were men. Not like your pussy generation.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Did you see our generations Michael Myers?

Oh nevermind.
(04-25-2018, 11:49 PM)carnotaur3 Wrote: Did you see our generations Michael Myers?

Oh nevermind.

The one that was King of the trailer parks or the one that was part of a cult?
The one played by big foot hobo.
KISS Army Myers . . .

My gods, that movie was so fucking horrible. I've never even finished it. One of maybe a small number of flicks I've stopped watching in anger . . . just after Ken Foree was shitting out that "mean ass burrito". Really . . . Zombie? You're gonna give us a horror icon on the john? Fuck you so very much, you ass-hack.
That poor boy.
The best part of the Zombie movies is the scene at the Rabbit in Red. Still not great but compared to the rest.....
I'll go to bat for Zombie's Halloween II. It's so bizarre, and has a lot on its mind.

It doesn't always communicate those thoughts well, but it's at least unique.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Halloween II is definitely the better movie, because he could make it his own. The hospital scene is good, minus Scout-Compton’s acting and whoever did the bandages on her face in that scene: really?

Also, Dr. Loomis lives after having his skull crushed?

K.
Zombie's H2 at least fully feels like his own movie. H1 feels caught between needing to be a remake while also wanting to be a Rob Zombie movie. And it sucks. Almost every creative decision made there is ill-conceived. I don't much like H2, but I HATE H1.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I hated Zombie's Halloween so much that I avoided the follow-up until about three years ago. I had heard that while it wasn't good, it was at least entertaining for all the batshit touches Zombie put in the film (the white horse, etc.) but mostly I was just bored.

Brad Dourif is really good, though.
(04-27-2018, 12:02 AM)mike j Wrote: Brad Dourif is really good, though.

The moment when he sees what happened to his daughter belongs in a MUCH better movie.
I haven't seen it since it came out, but I loved Zombie's Halloween 2. You don't really get many horror movies about people dealing with having survived a horror movie like his Halloween 2 was. Was kind of surprised how much I ended up liking it because I absolutely despised his first Halloween movie, which just takes that perfect lean original movies and does nothing but add needless fat to it. Ended up being one of my favorite movies of that year, well like top 25 or 30 anyways.

Although I think I've only seen the unrated version of it, which I've heard is pretty different than the theatrical release.
Brad Dourif's acting when he finds out about his daughter in the second movie rips my guts out. The other officers stammering out thing to break it to him easy and he just explodes with WHEEEEEEERE IS SHE!!! ...and the guy just points to the bathroom and he just collapses. And then two other officers have to take hold of him and lead him downstairs as he's doubled over, sick and delirious. A very very real reaction I thought.

And then his thousand yard stare sitting on the porch when they tell him they've located Michael and he just says "good.....let's go. You'd better drive though. " at that moment I thought he might be capable of taking Michael Myers and killing him. Physically maybe even. Without a gun.

And then when Loomis shows up and he punches his lights out and sticks his gun to his eye and is light "uuuurrrgggaaaa! I wanna kill you....soooo bad!"

It's fucking hard to watch. I think it's great acting. Super great. The only catharsis after that would've been Dourif just ripping Myers to pieces despite the obvious size/strength difference. Anger and that level of grief can make a man do things he ordinarily couldn't. But then they just dump a shitty ending on the thing and that's that..
Dourif is a treasure. It took Deadwood to really help me realize how great he is, as I was used to seeing him in showy villain roles.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
[Image: dWvl754.jpg]
[Image: SYGdSaT.jpg]
[Image: 636637200168171678-AA68-D014-00144-R-CROP.jpg]
The trailer for this is supposed to be released on Friday.

The mask looks pretty good. I wonder if there will be an in-film explanation for why it looks like it's been rotting in a garage for 40 years.
This is real fuckin' good.
(06-05-2018, 10:48 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: This is real fuckin' good.

Hell yeah, good to hear.
Beyond pumped for this. Can’t wait to see him in action with that pounding Carpenter synth.
Photo 
Another promo shot.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks imposing, as The Shape should.

As silly a thing to point out as it is, they've gotten the hair right, which few of the masks used after the first two movies can really claim.
Photo 
Dude is looking good.

Attached Files Image(s)

We're officially in a timeline where a drunken Ben Tramer doesn't die a fiery and horrible death.

That makes it the best one.
I'm still wondering how they're going to justify/sell Michael Myers being captured at some point after the credits rolled on the first movie. If you're making a big deal about how this movie is ignoring everything except the original, it seems an odd creative choice to kind of retcon the brilliantly eerie conclusion of that story by saying, "Oh, well, actually they caught him a few minutes later! No big deal!"
Have they said he was caught?
I thought the reports out of CinemaCon indicated that he was institutionalized again. And I doubt he turned himself in.

Although that would be something!
I just assumed he disappeared again. Being shot so many times they assume he just died somewhere and they never found him.

But he didn't (or did he?). I feel like his reappearance in this should be very inexplicable...and yes, AMBIGUOUS. He gets captured and escapes again sounds really....blah..
We'll find out soon enough. I suspect the trailer will provide a bit of clarity.
Perhaps he ends up back at some undisclosed institution, but nobody knew he was Michael Meyers... until!