Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2018 Pre-release Discussion (and teaser poster)
Green and McBride confirmed the “tweaking” of the ending was the fact was he did in fact “disappear “ but was then shortly apprehended.
Like I said, I think that sucks some of the air out of the original movie, but at the same time, this is now the third attempt to restart the continuity, so I can roll with it. It's no more ridiculous than THE RETURN OF MICHAEL MYERS asking to believe that Loomis survived the explosion at the end of II with nothing more than a little facial scar and a limp.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I love that shot in 4 of ACTION HERO Loomis diving over those oil drums like Van Damme as the service station explodes around him. Hilarious!
I would’ve appreciated a disappearance into the ether and then him coming back, but I also realize they are trying to get the best of both worlds (a Myers who is “evil” for no reason BUT, is still victim of apprehension as an actual human would) .
(06-07-2018, 10:16 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I love that shot in 4 of ACTION HERO Loomis diving over those oil drums like Van Damme as the service station explodes around him. Hilarious!

4 could be Loomis' finest hour! Pleasence's freakout at the end is so great.

(06-07-2018, 10:21 PM)call me roy Wrote: I would’ve appreciated a disappearance into the ether and then him coming back, but I also realize they are trying to get the best of both worlds (a Myers who is “evil” for no reason BUT, is still victim of apprehension as an actual human would) .

Yeah, hopefully there's an in-movie reason to justify why they felt that choice was needed.

I do like the idea that Laurie is now a crazy survivalist. After what she went though, who could blame her.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Bet you 20 bucks Meyers ghosts those security cameras.
OH GOD YES

Love the lampshading of the brother plot:

"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Dis look good. The music alone raises my heart rate.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee.

PSN ID: anakinsdad

That opening at Smiths Grove with the dog and ramping music as they show the checkerboard courtyard. damn this looks good. Love the grit of the autopsy photos and injury diagrams. If they can bring that real ness to Myers but also not forgetting the reason for his madness is a big question mark then I will be stoked.
This looks good.

Too bad they seemed unable to film the exteriors during actual autumn. Again.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
DAMN IT MICHAEL!!!!!!

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

(06-08-2018, 10:46 AM)MichaelM Wrote: This looks good.

Too bad they seemed unable to film the exteriors during actual autumn. Again.

They filmed in winter, but in Charleston South Carolina (hence the live oak tree and taller southern pines)It was pretty brisk this year there as I was in North Carolina about 2 hours away.
Trucking in garbage bags full of leaves into a non autumnal setting is integral to the Halloween franchise.
Not sure how I feel about this.

Seeing Jamie Lee Curtis go homicidal Home Alone on Michael Myers could be fun, but the fact that she starred in two other Halloween films that this film make irrelevant makes wonder if I should even care about any of this. I'd say it certainly looks good enough to check out, because JLC is awesome, but it just seems so odd that this even exists.

That closet "scare" was pretty weak...

The whole bit about showing MM his mask feels like something I have seen many times before. Where a character takes for granted how dangerous a prisoner is, only to find out the prisoner actually has the upper hand. Maybe it will play out differently, but it doesn't seem very novel at first glance.

I will definitely check this out at some point. Will it get me into the theater? Maybe.

At least we get more rural gas station murdering...I guess.
I hate Halloween: Resurrection, as a movie but also in how it negates H20's perfect ending. So I'm okay with a redo.

This series is long past its sell-by date, so why worry about continuity?

Yeah, I love that this movie ignores everything after the first film.

Seriously. I do.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I want at least a good send off for Loomis.
He dead.
YOU DONT KNOW THAT!
We're talking CGI Donald Pleasence?
Fuck yeah. I'm there. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Love the brief shot where you see that Michael has white hair.

Pleasance is dead....Loomis is dead..
I wish I knew the scenes that Nick Castle did. It’s defi James Jude Courtney during the “escape” scene with him in the road. He has a pretty good physique (Courtney) for a dude in his late 50s.
It is funny that only Annie, Lynda and Bob get mentioned as victims. What about that poor mechanic Michael got his jumpsuit from, eh?

Speaking of, however excited I am for this, it is telling that the preview alone goes over how it's treading ground with familiar setpieces. The bathroom stall setting was used in H20 and Zombie's remake of the original. And Michael killing a mechanic at a gas station in his garage is right out of Halloween 4 and even has similar imagery.

It's bound to happen when you keep riffing on the same source material over and over.

McBride and Green both stated that they will have homages to each of the films.

They even callback the ghost sheet and the kids running into Michael with the musical stinger.
Potential for a Paul Rudd cameo then?
Him as a grownup Tommy Doyle would be great. Now that you mention it, I hope they have at least a little line about him and Lindsey. Maybe regarding the years of therapy they had to endure afterwards.
Looks good to me! I think it feels autumnal enough, and though I remain slightly concerned that the potential is there for this to be like a FORCE AWAKENS-style rehash of the beats of the first movie, I'm very optimistic this is going to be fresh (or fresh enough).

JLC looks like a badass, and seems to be assuming the Loomis position in a great way.
I’ve already watched this trailer about 12 times and am super ready for this to be great. I’m wondering what the original ending was that test audiences hated so much? Both of them killing each other maybe?
(06-08-2018, 12:27 PM)call me roy Wrote: I’ve already watched this trailer about 12 times and am super ready for this to be great. I’m wondering what the original ending was that test audiences hated so much? Both of them killing each other maybe?

Yeah im worried. I hope this doesn't end with Michael killing Laurie AGAIN.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
If Laurie dies, I’m guessing Michael will too. I bet they end it with this one. I’m also wondering if they will have the balls to kill the daughter or granddaughter? I’m pretty excited going in actually concerned who may live or die.
(06-08-2018, 01:59 PM)call me roy Wrote: I bet they end it with this one.

Pretty sure that's what everyone thought after H2O....
Instead of doing actual work while at work, I've watched the trailer a few more times.

I love that final beat with the closet door. There's something wonderful about the idea of Michael Myers - The Shape - becoming literally the monster in a kid's closet.
Looks like this has a lot of Vice Principals season two in it.