Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2018 Pre-release Discussion (and teaser poster)
Someone had mentioned a Karloff-esque catlike Frankenstein.. my interest and anticipation lies in seeing the walking speed, the body fluidity, and the handling of age, if he seemingly has even aged at all.

But not have to have an explanation for how a 61 year old can be so athletically relentless. I’ve already showed it to a few friends who don’t follow movies but like Halloween and they were pumped.
(06-08-2018, 03:38 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Looks like this has a lot of Vice Principals season two in it.

I like Judy Greer fine, but I would've loved to have seen Edi Patterson play Laurie's daughter.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
The trailer looks good. It really does. Far better than the last few Halloween movies we have gotten. Buuuuut I am having trouble mustering anymore enthusiasm than that. Maybe I am just tired of slasher horror in general, but it also just looks like a movie we have already seen before because we kind of have and I don't mean how horror movies sequels just repeat themselves.

I just feel like we will be getting nothing more than the "good" Halloween reboot after the just ok H20 and the horrendous Zombie reboot versions. I hope that is enough to everyone but I wanted more. If this was Curtis's actual return to the franchise instead of H20, I would be pumped. H20, for all its faults though, had the perfect ending to the franchise. You just know that this one is going to end with Michael disappearing after getting shot, stab, whatever although I will take the double death scenario.
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
The trailer for this is the only thing that has made me happy on this awful day. I bought a nice bottle of chilled rosé to drink in this perfect summer weather, and it didn’t do shit to improve my mood. But Jamie Lee Curtis reprising this character 40 years after the original warms my heart. The mask looks great too.
I think I've pointed this out before, but it's hilarious that in every version Laurie has kids very young:

Jamie Lloyd, 8 in 1988 (so Laurie had her when she was 19-20)
John, 17 in 1998 (so Laurie had him when she was 20-21)
Karen Strode in 2018 (Judy Greer is 42, so presumably she's playing a character around the same age as Jamie and John would be), who has a teenage daughter.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I am surprised how good this looks. Considering this is a situation where it’ll be impossible to please everyone, I’m glad they just decided to please me personally.

Everything I could ask a trailer for this film. Especially the teeth.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(06-08-2018, 05:19 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I think I've pointed this out before, but it's hilarious that in every version Laurie has kids very young:

Karen Strode in 2018 (Judy Greer is 42, so presumably she's playing a character around the same age as Jamie and John would be), who has a teenage daughter.

If you take Halloween 4's word for it, Jamie was 7 in 1988, making her and John exactly the same age. Maybe Laurie flipped a coin on who to keep.
(06-08-2018, 06:48 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 05:19 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I think I've pointed this out before, but it's hilarious that in every version Laurie has kids very young:

If you take Halloween 4's word for it, Jamie was 7 in 1988, making her and John exactly the same age.  Maybe Laurie flipped a coin on who to keep.

Hah, you wouldn't believe how hard a younger Bart tried to make H6 and H20 fit by speculating Jamie and John were twins.

Alas, Halloween 5 fucks it all up by saying Jamie is nine, even though it's explicitly a year after Halloween 4.

Man that movie fucking sucks.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I know the teeth is a reference, but damned if I can place it.
One of the kids he bumps into is carrying a little boom box ala Halloween II. And that walking silhouette shot of him has just gotta be Castle.
You can also spot kids in Silver Shamrock masks when Laurie screams for people to get off the street.

As far as I'm aware, the only bit in the trailer where he's played by Nick Castle is when he sees Laurie in the mirror.
Is Kyle Richards in this too?
(06-08-2018, 12:27 PM)call me roy Wrote: I’ve already watched this trailer about 12 times and am super ready for this to be great. I’m wondering what the original ending was that test audiences hated so much? Both of them killing each other maybe?

Now im really wondering. https://ew.com/movies/2018/06/08/hallowe...o-sequels/
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Hmm.. I am hoping they didn’t cave to wanting to keep going after this one, even if it is a hit.

Say it’s big, an 80-95 million dollar opening weekend, low drop off and great legs, til just before Christmas.

Let Green and McBride have their own movie. Maybe a new slasher all together, something they can call their own. Having closure at the end of this one would be great. I want stakes. From the looks of it, Jusy Greer’s husband and father of Laurie’s granddaughter is murdered in front of her. That is the sort of terror we need.
I hope in the movie, as in the trailer, we never see Michael face without the mask. I like the last of shot Michael in the closet.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
After watching the trailer, I image Rob Zombie is rolling in his self dug grave.
I'm liking the way this looks. LOVE that they're ignoring everything after the first film which is something more franchises need to do rather than follow up shitty sequels. This is why I desperately want to see a sequel to Aliens that ignores everything after.
The original Halloween is one of my top 10 favourite movies. Halloween 2 is ok. Halloween 3 is great for what it is. Everything else.... blah.

I can live with forgetting everything after the original. Hopefully this is at least a worthy follow up. It looks way better than I imagined it would.

The Predator and Halloween within a month of each other? Crazy.

That said, The Predator is not looking so hot.
So, in the trailer during the bathroom scene. Has anyone noticed the length of the hair on the head that is hitting the door? Notice anything? I watch the trailer nearly frame by frame and I think I know what’s going on.....
I feel like I'm missing something with regards to the teeth thing. I need someone to confirm to me that it's just a creepy thing that isn't an homage, a callback or any other type of reference and that it means nothing yet outside of the trailer..
It is no homage, callback, or reference to anything I'm aware of.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
It feels like something I've seen and I have no idea why. And I can't remember Myers or the Halloween movies ever having anything to do with teeth before.

It's just me reading too much into it and I'll probably feel doubly dumb upon viewing the film and seeing it in context..
That just goes to show you that there were too many sequels made.
(06-09-2018, 08:59 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: I feel like I'm missing something with regards to the teeth thing. I need someone to confirm to me that it's just a creepy thing that isn't an homage, a callback or any other type of reference and that it means nothing yet outside of the trailer..

It's just Michael playing, as he was especially wont to do in the original movie.
(06-09-2018, 11:06 PM)carnotaur3 Wrote: That just goes to show you that there were too many sequels made.
Yes and no (just my opinion).

Because I LOVE Halloween II. And III. And enjoy H20 more than I should. 

4 and 5 kinda suck but are kinda fun at the same time. And 6 is a fascinating ten car pileup of a film(s).

But imagine if we really HAD never seen Michael on the screen again since '78? How big would this be then? If it were GREAT....how big? The Force Awakens of slasher movies? That'd be something..
Just to clarify....I'm under no delusion that Halloween '18 will open as big as a Star Wars in any way SHAPE or form (though if it's a great movie and it did that'd be too cool). I just think it could be super big for the type of film it is..
(06-09-2018, 06:39 PM)call me roy Wrote: So, in the trailer during the bathroom scene. Has anyone noticed the length of the hair on the head that is hitting the door? Notice anything? I watch the trailer nearly frame by frame and I think I know what’s going on.....

Are you insinuating that McBride would crib the ending from High Tension, or Psycho? Because that would be a bummer.
“I feel a connection with you. A man connection. A mannection.”
I reeeeeeally don't see that happening. There could be SOME kinda twist. But I doubt it'd be that.

I feel like Laurie causing the bus crash to let him escape be more likely. Pull a Mr. Glass and whatnot..
This movie is way simpler than you all seem to be thinking.
No split personality stuff. I’m saying the head that is hitting the bathroom door is the documentary filmmaker. I think he’s carrying his head, it’s not Myers, and then use it to hit the door. The teeth also I’m sure would belong to him. Maybe as a retaliation for brandishing the shapes mask like he did at the hospital. He’s getting him back.

Start going frame by frame at around 1:46.
Simple is fine. Satisfaction takes many forms. As long as it gives me "that" feeling....then I'll love it..
The more we pick apart the trailer frame-by-frame, the more we're missing the point of watching a damn Halloween film. Just let it wash over you come release. Jesus.
Giving money to the studio that keeps enabling Adam Sandler is morally equivalent to Satanic kitten rape orgies. - Hypnotoad
It’s difficult to not delve into the details of something like this when you are given enough little details to want to examine further. I’m glad the filmmakers are giving us a reason to dig a little deeper. There seems to be a lot here, which is a great thing.
No matter how big of a fan you/we are....we'd be wise to not treat this like it's going to blow all our nuts off and just be happy to be getting a new, good looking slasher movie..