Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2018 Pre-release Discussion (and teaser poster)
I agree that taking away a large portion of his body count takes away some of his mysticism, but , like Bart said, the remaining details of the "night he came home" make it apparent why he WOULD be a living legend.

Especially when it comes down to the fact that Laurie was being stalked since that morning when she dropped off the key at the Myers house.

Then she sees him outside the classroom, then drive by in the hospital car, then in the sheets, all while wearing a mask.

Also bring into light the fact he displayed the bodies and then while he was trying to finally get to his target, takes huge amounts of damage while coming back again and again.
I guess it just makes three murders (I think she should've said four but whatevs) seem kinda blah compared to if this still had Halloween II in canon. Somehow he can still see. Somehow he's not a cinder. Laurie literally pitting herself against a supernaturally unkillable entity rather than just a "man." Plus I love love love Halloween II.

None of this lessens my enthusiasm for this film mind you. I'm sure I'll love it.

If I'd made a Halloween sequel...a sequel to just the first one....Myers would've never been apprehended.

...and Laurie would've gone into witness protection and her new name would be Helen. And she married some boring computer salesman..
I am perturbed by the lack of a ghost horse.
(09-22-2018, 01:30 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: If I'd made a Halloween sequel...a sequel to just the first one....Myers would've never been apprehended.

So basically Halloween H20?
(09-23-2018, 03:05 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 01:30 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: If I'd made a Halloween sequel...a sequel to just the first one....Myers would've never been apprehended.

So basically Halloween H20?
Yeah.....I guess so to an extent. But it would also nix the brother retcon. That'd change it considerably.

Also.....100% less LL Cool J..
The brother sister plotline was the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

Considering he saw Laurie with Tommy when she dropped off the key, could they have somehow just said his fascination started then. He saw his sister in Laurie. He saw Tommy warn her not to go in. He saw Laurie say don't worry, it's ok. He made a connection, he became obsessed.

Have Loomis with a few lines of dialogue stating their relationship pre her being murdered, possibly from interviews from the parents.

So not actual brother sister, but Michael inserts his image of his sister on his target.

Think Batman to Joker as the killer of his parents. Joker isn't the one that pulled the trigger but as far as Batman is concerned, that's his man.
The reason the sister twist is crap, and people often forget this, is Michael is just as obsessed with Tommy. Tommy is basically a co-lead with Laurie, and we often see the movie through his perspective.

But as I've said before, the sister twist works just fine if you're watching Halloween II on its own.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
Shame they would have to recast Tommy if he were to show up in II simply for the fact there is no way he wouldn't have been a foot taller and sounding like Peter Brady.
Didn't Michael see Tommy as himself? And saw every girl as his sister. I think it was originally that simple. He just was gonna relive that moment over and over and over..
Right, Tommy is himself and every girl is his sister. So Laurie literally being his sister is so dumb.

But only in the context of the first. Watching the second on its own it works fine.

Kind of like the Leia revelation is fine in ROTJ and only gets icky if you just watched ESB.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I always used to think Michael fixated on Laurie so hard because, as she's walking away, after the first time he sees her she's singing to herself "I wish I had you allll alone....just the two of us..." and thought that he heard that and in his warped, primal, lizard brain thought that she was saying that to him..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MY3nLVAj20

There are so many deleted scenes in these trailers/TV spots it's starting to feel like the Weinsteins still own the Halloween rights.
It's one of those movies, huh. S'ok..