Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - Post-Release Thread
(07-26-2018, 03:43 PM)bradito Wrote: While I was unemployed, I binged a shitload of superhero movies. I even watched Meteor Man!

[Image: das_jasn_brn.jpg]
And Man-Thing!

It was weird to see the Marvel logo in front of that turkey.
Even this one???  Big Grin

[Image: v1.bTsxMTE2OTg2NTtqOzE3ODU5OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA]
-The Dexter Morgan of Assholes
I saw Blankman in the cinema.
Brad has been to the Underverse.
You got me beat.... though I did see THIS in the theater ... so there's always that!

-The Dexter Morgan of Assholes
(07-26-2018, 03:43 PM)bradito Wrote: While I was unemployed, I binged a shitload of superhero movies. I even watched Meteor Man!

For you that's technically "research" though, so it's all for a good cause.
the gathering of intel!
(07-26-2018, 04:56 PM)Anjin Wrote: You got me beat.... though I did see THIS in the theater ... so there's always that!

So did I. I think it was part of one of my gifts for my 14th birthday.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
(07-26-2018, 06:28 PM)Nooj Wrote: the gathering of intel!

[Image: giphy.gif]
I probably saw this again today. It's the most fun movie with a bummer ending that I can think of.
Deleted scene. They were right to cut this.

Drax is the MVP of IW. That whole scene where he thinks he's invisible is fantastic.
That deleted scene is ok. There’s some witty banter in there that seems mostly improvised, but it definitely would detract from the urgency if it were in the movie.

Plus it sounds more like an argument Quill would have with Rocket.

But Drax is awesome and more Drax is never an issue.

More Guardians is not a bad thing. This almost looks like an unfinished scene though. Still, I would have kept it in.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
That deleted scene was tonally inconsistent. That said I did get a kick out of the Ace Frehley references.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
I guffawed out loud at the reveal of the Milano, still parked while Knowhere burns all around it.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
Cut to me listening to New York Groove on repeat for half an hour.
(04-28-2018, 12:29 PM)shaunh Wrote: “So I learned that Thanos would literally harass one human on their birthday every year and this has boosted him on my villain rankings”

https://twitter.com/theredkirby/status/9...80800?s=21

Written by Christopher Hastings, author and artist of the utterly superb The Adventures of Dr McNinja

Seriously, it's one of the best things I've ever read. Also, this story along with the other stories are in the Thanos Annual #1 which is excellent. I got the impression that if the villains had two plans, a primary one and a backup, they'd be beating the heroes all the time (see Ultron) - also if their plans were more creative ... like when Thanos in one of his most evil deeds (in the same annual) where he helps an old person cross the street. Utterly fiendish (seriously, no /s). Another story I'd highly recommend reading is the 18 part Thanos series from 2016 onwards, which is also excellent.

http://drmcninja.com/issues/

[Image: 2017-01-31-33p147.jpg]
(07-30-2018, 12:11 AM)Reasor Wrote: I guffawed out loud at the reveal of the Milano, still parked while Knowhere burns all around it.

The Milano was destroyed for good in Vol. 2. This is the Benatar.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(07-30-2018, 02:10 AM)shan Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 12:29 PM)shaunh Wrote: “So I learned that Thanos would literally harass one human on their birthday every year and this has boosted him on my villain rankings”

https://twitter.com/theredkirby/status/9...80800?s=21

Written by Christopher Hastings, author and artist of the utterly superb The Adventures of Dr McNinja

Seriously, it's one of the best things I've ever read. Also, this story along with the other stories are in the Thanos Annual #1 which is excellent. I got the impression that if the villains had two plans, a primary one and a backup, they'd be beating the heroes all the time (see Ultron) - also if their plans were more creative ... like when Thanos in one of his most evil deeds (in the same annual) where he helps an old person cross the street. Utterly fiendish (seriously, no /s). Another story I'd highly recommend reading is the 18 part Thanos series from 2016 onwards, which is also excellent.

[Image: 2017-01-31-33p147.jpg]

Please please tell me this is a real thing I can go read.
It's realer than real.

Start here:

The news about the home video releases seem to be that there will be no IMAX ratio version available. Maybe not even for the 3D bluray release in international territories (since Disney has dropped 3D completely in the US).

The news about the 3D version is weird considering that the 3D discs were the only way to see the IMAX ratio sequences for the home video releases of Marvel movies that had them (Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians 1 and 2, Black Panther, Ragnarok). Even weirder since the IMAX version of Infinity War had the more open ratio throughout.

Disappointing!

Also, Infinity War's 4K disc won't have Dolby Vision support.
Good!
hugs!
My 3D Blu of Vol 2 ("Red Button" steelbook) doesn't open up for the IMAX sequences. Which editions do?
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
I thought the red button steelbook (the best buy exclusive) was the only way to get a 3D bluray in the US.

Mine definitely opens up for the IMAX sequences.

I don't know of any other versions in the US.

I'm still disappointed we never got a version of BATSUP that includes the IMAX ratio sequences! The IMAX stuff looked fantastic in the theater.
The whole movie looks fantastic.
but the IMAX stuff looked PARTICULARLY fantastic!

and it was REAL 70mm full ratio IMAX too!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Why does the Bat Man look like he's standing in front of a green screen in that shot? What's with the weird movement in relation to the background?

You never get anything like that with the Iron Man.
(07-31-2018, 12:52 AM)Nooj Wrote: I thought the red button steelbook (the best buy exclusive) was the only way to get a 3D bluray in the US.

Mine definitely opens up for the IMAX sequences.

I don't know of any other versions in the US.

Ah, you're right, it does open up. But they don't do any "escape" effects like the first one did.
Do you mean escaping the frame? There is a 3D effect in Vol 2 that does escape the borders of the frame. I can’t recall at what point, but I noticed it recently when I re-watched all the movies.

The first movie had that part where Drax gags up the yellow liquid.

(07-31-2018, 11:03 AM)catartik Wrote: Do you mean escaping the frame? There is a 3D effect in Vol 2 that does escape the borders of the frame. I can’t recall at what point, but I noticed it recently when I re-watched all the movies.

Aha, you are right as well. There's a bit where Yondu's ship approaches and the frame expands as it passes. It's more subtle than the gags in the first film.
Yondu's rainbow ashes escape the frame.

I believe some debris and rubble also escape the frame as Gamora has her North By Northwest moment
Mid-rewatch... Thanos and Gamora is the main reason this film works and is more than just a battle-fest.
PSN: Kriegaffe