Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AVENGERS: (4th Film) - Pre-Release Thread
It's probably going to be something really simple, like New Avengers.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
AVENGERS: REBIRTH or REBORN
4vengers
Avengers IV: The Quest for Peace
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Avengers: Annihilation

Fits the timeline for the decimation of Xandar, would set up the next meta-arc in the series. Probably just mash in some Infinity Gauntlet elements to make it all work.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Avengers: Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gauntlet You Down
(05-01-2018, 01:49 PM)shaunh Wrote: Avengers: Never Gonna Give You Up, Never Gauntlet You Down

this

THIS is the thing
Avengers 4: Finite Peace
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
I think they're going to follow the Groot model, and have them all come back, but as tiny, cute versions of themselves. Like Avenger Babies.

Avengers: Infanty Wars.
Infinity Gwar

It writes itself.
I'm not Avery.
I still like Avengers Forever.  As in "the old team will forever be remembered, but there will ALWAYS be an Avengers."
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
AVENGERS and ROBIN
(05-01-2018, 02:44 PM)Nooj Wrote: AVENGERS and ROBIN

*shudders*
AVENGERS: RISE OF THE SQUIRREL GIRL
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(05-01-2018, 02:22 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I still like Avengers Forever.  As in "the old team will forever be remembered, but there will ALWAYS be an Avengers."

No variations of Schumacher superhero film titles, please.
(05-01-2018, 02:53 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 02:22 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I still like Avengers Forever.  As in "the old team will forever be remembered, but there will ALWAYS be an Avengers."

What about non-superhero Schumacher titles? 

AVENGERS OF THE OPERA.
(05-01-2018, 02:10 PM)bailey Wrote: I think they're going to follow the Groot model, and have them all come back, but as tiny, cute versions of themselves.  Like Avenger Babies.  

Avengers: Infanty Wars.

[Image: Quotonequot+quotonequot+_84ca23640117d50...c577ee.jpg]
(05-01-2018, 02:55 PM)Dent6084 Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 02:53 PM)Overlord Wrote:

What about non-superhero Schumacher titles? 

AVENGERS OF THE OPERA.
[Image: tumblr_llixh2YoIf1qg90ka.gif]
AVENGING DOWN

AVENGERLAND

AVENGER COMPANY

AVENGER BOYS

AVENGELINERS

AVENGE BOOTH

ST AVENGER'S FIRE

AVENGICA GUERIN

AVENGELESS
(05-01-2018, 02:50 PM)Reasor Wrote: AVENGERS: RISE OF THE SQUIRREL GIRL

Avengers Endgame is my guess.

Here's the bigger question. Even with the gauntlet all messed up... does Thanos take it off? Is he going to sleep, shower, golf, cook, fuck with that giant metal glove on?
I think what Nick’s really getting at is
[Image: 083Bv1v.gif]
Eh... He's right handed.
Until he gets bored of it.
(04-30-2018, 10:41 AM)shaunh Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 06:08 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: He Who Must Not Be Named has an interesting review up on his new Buddhist-ish website, presenting an arguement that it’s about the election of Donald Trump.

But it’s not! Because the Doctor Strange movie is about that. I wrote a big long post about it and everything!

This should be in the other thread. But what can you do?

[Image: AWsu5ew.gif]

Sorry I'm late. Here's my original post from the Doctor Strange thread, copy pasted. 

The Ancient One is Hillary Clinton. A representative of the old guard (literally, in this case), aloof and unknowable, but maybe coasting a bit on the assumption of righteousness. It might be convenient to believe she's the one with all the answers, but there's some problems there, if you're inclined to look. She is, in fact, quite comfortable using questionable tactics to insure the world continues on in the way she has deemed appropriate. It's not ideal, but at the end of the day, it's hard to deny the results: another day with no Dark Dimension, which supersedes some moral hypocrisies. The Greater Good!

Which of course makes Mordo the hardline Progressive Left. Inflexible is the word that's thrown around, and it fits the bill. The disillusion he goes through is felt strongly because it shakes a firm foundation of faith. This betrayal, channeling power from the dark dimension/conspiring with the DNC to secure her nomination over Bernie, ends up driving Mordo to a place where idealogical purity becomes the most important thing, beyond even literal end of the world. 'But the end of the world is actually The Ancient One's fault! The bill comes due!' he screams, as everything falls into a void. This runs contrary to Wong/Bernie Sanders, who shares Mordo's concerns, but is also able to recognize the end of the world for what it is. Mordo ultimately ends up in a place where his ideology becomes more important to him than the Greater Good, i.e. Too many sorcerers/politicians.

Kaecilius is a Trump voter. A man defined by his suffering, but also weak of character and intellectually soft, he and his zealots are easily confused with lies and misleading promises, which prompts them to aggressively pursue an agenda they don't fully understand, and is in fact contrary to their own best interests. And again, a huge part of this is his frustration with the aloofness of The Ancient One, and her apparent disinterest in addressing his valid concerns. But he doesn't see the whole picture, or comprehend any of the player's true roles in it, least of all his own. Naturally, the way he sees the world, read his eyes, are all fucked up.

Trump is self-evidently Dormammu. A giant, repellent, inescapable face, so cosmically insecure that he can't abide a world where he is not the absolute center of all thought and existence. Pure, all-consuming ego, with zero concern, empathy, or even understanding.

And that makes Strange the Centrist. Leans left instinctively, but would prefer not to be forced into any ideology. If he could skip voting altogether, that would be great. He'd much rather concern himself with his own problems, his own life, the various ups and downs of which he feels he can control, at least superficially. But the loss of his hands/end of Obama's presidency forces him into taking an informed position. And once that rock gets turned over, it becomes staggering how much there is to see underneath. Which leads to the film's ultimate thematic moral, which is that once you see all the lives that truly exist and are effected by the global wheels of politics, the only sane conclusion is to acknowledge that it's not about you, the individual. Those in a position to help the many have the moral obligation to do so. And if that means getting killed over and over again in the Dark Dimension/continuing the loud, informed resistance to the current fascist takeover of the country, then that's what it takes. Because if you yell long enough, and keep marching, this too shall pass, be it in four or eight years, or maybe even sooner, God willing. But even then, he vigil continues.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I suddenly remember now why I don’t go into any of the politics threads anymore.

But I respect the effort that went into that, Arjen!
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Welp. Might as well take off and nuke this entire thread from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
If, and I know its a big if, any of the Netflix characters where in the next Avengers movie, my choice would be Jessica Jones because she wouldn't be impressed by any of the other Avengers. She would also fuck with Drax for being so literal.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
(05-02-2018, 12:51 AM)chaz Wrote: If, and I know its a big if, any of the Netflix characters where in the next Avengers movie, my choice would be Jessica Jones because she wouldn't be impressed by any of the other Avengers. She would also fuck with Drax for being so literal.

As with all the Marvel television shows, I'm sure the relationship will remain one-sided: the shows will reference events from the movies, but the movies won't reference the shows.
Apparently Disney wants Marvel to bring the One-Shots back, and that seems like the perfect venue to have TV characters meet movie characters.

Because really, I don't want the TV characters showing up in the movies because the movies are crammed enough. And I don't want the TV shows just reacting to the movies, because then they lack their own autonomy.

But One-Shots are a nice in-between.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
The Defenders really are pedestrian when it comes to their powers. Sure, Falcon and Hawkeye are less powered but at least they have connections to the more powerful characters. When it comes to the Cages and Devils, I have zero issue with them dealing with the fallout of the movies. I think it's an interesting take with seeing these street level hero's deal with fallout once the dust clears.

As far as Daredevil or Jones not helping with the fight in NY. What would they even do? The fight was pretty fast and even if Daredevil booked it from Hells Kitchen, there's not enough time for him to get there. Plus, we've had to give the cinematic universe the same pass with "where is Steve Rogers when the Mandarin is making terrorist threats", so why not here?
(05-02-2018, 08:09 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Apparently Disney wants Marvel to bring the One-Shots back, and that seems like the perfect venue to have TV characters meet movie characters.

Because really, I don't want the TV characters showing up in the movies because the movies are crammed enough. And I don't want the TV shows just reacting to the movies, because then they lack their own autonomy.

But One-Shots are a nice in-between.

I'd be on board for the One-Shots to come back in some form.
I love the one shots.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(05-02-2018, 11:15 AM)MichaelM Wrote: I love the one shots.
Agreed.  There's such a HUGE bench now of well-loved side characters who could really shine in the one shots when there isn't a place for them in a main film.  Look at the massive interest in Korg, Miek and Valkyrie when they didn't make it into Infinity War.  A one shot with Captain Marvel addressing where they are would be very well received and a great tease for the next Avengers.
Something I'm hoping for:

Shuri is forced to step forward and become the new ruler of Wakanda and the Black Panther in T'Challa's absence.

When T'Challa eventually comes back, this obviously will provide difficulties and the starting off point for Black Panther 2 to do a sort of power struggle between the two that ultimately leads to Wakanda becoming a democratic country.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt