Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Todd McFarlane's SPAWN Discussion
With Jamie Foxx!

http://deadline.com/2018/05/spawn-jamie-...202399090/

Quote:McFarlane wants to challenge Spawn aficionados and newcomers in the same fashion. “If you want to see something creepy and powerful where you go, just what the hell was that? I’m not going to explain how Spawn does what he does; he is just going to do it. We’ll eventually do some of the background if we make a trilogy, but that’s not this first movie. The first movie is just saying, do you believe? And if you believe than that’s good because I’m hoping to take you for a long ride with this franchise.”

Isn't being a Spawn aficionado challenging enough?
Wow he is actually doing it. He has been talking about another Spawn for 20 years. I remember being a kid and like once a year he would talk about writing the script. I admit I am interested.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I’m intrigued with the low budget and r rated approach. It seems like the plan is to make something closer to The Crow than the original film, which was terrible.
I'v'e been wanting a new Spawn movie forever, but for the years this has been in development hell, Todd has always stuck to his guns about this being purely a boogey-man type movie where you never really see him. He plans to center it around the Detective Twitch, and make this a mystery/horror story. I'm like, eh, that's fine, but do that with another character, not Spawn himself. Spawn is at his best when he's going balls out with his cape, chains, spikes, guns, and hellbeams.

Todd seems really bored with that type of stuff now, but the last few years of the comics have had a nice balance between stealthy tension, and superhero action. I don't want to watch a Spawn movie where he remains only a vague shape in the darkness for the entire runtime. It disappointed me when Todd first reveald this around a decade ago, and it still disappoints me now.

Basically I just want the first Spawn movie, only done much better. That shit does not hold up well at all.
Git' in under mah belly!
Bring it.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Wait, McFarlane is DIRECTING too?  I'm... really not sure what to make of that.
So this is Robocop 2 for a new generation?
Sam and Twitch have some excellent arcs in their standalone series. If they can bring a fraction of some of that gloomy noir I’m down.
This will make a fine double feature with VENOM in a few years.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I'm interested to see how this pans out. He's been talking about it for years, and the approach he wants to take seems like some stuff that was done in the HBO cartoon around the end.
The low budget is intriguing, but who knows if McFarlane can direct.
Can't be any worse than Frank Miller.
Jeremy Renner officially cast as Twitch Williams.
Renner becoming the new Michael Madsen I see.

Good for him!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
This will probably be an unmitigated disaster but I'm fascinated to see it play out.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I need this to happen. After all that I've been through, I deserve this.
Renner.. as Twitch?

Cool, get Kevin James for Sam now and we’re set...
Renner is not at all who I imagine for Twitch, unless they are going for suave tough guy in this version. Or unless Renner can do quiet and nerdy. I'll have to see how he turns out in hair and makeup. No glasses no moustache no buy.

John Cena for Sam.
Git' in under mah belly!
10-15 years ago we coulda had Macy and Goodman.
Macy could play Twitch now. The character was never drawn as a spring chicken, and was clearly the older of the two.
Git' in under mah belly!