Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E3 2018 (The expected, the unexpected and the impossible)
Mulitplayer games might have saved the industry, financially, but every time I hear about battle royales and PUBGs and Overwatch I just want to barf. And the worst part about those games are their popularity are entirely driven by the social media angle of it.

I'd rather play Doom and not talk to a living person.

That's just me.

There's something to be said for human opponents, though.

AI just isn't there yet.
When the time comes that AI calls me a cocksucker I'll officially be done with gaming.

Just Cause 4 looks like its gonna be a fun playground:

"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Still hate the suit (would look soooo much better if the Spiders weren't white) but goddamn does this look incredibly fun. I'm sold.

"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Yeah I've decided to add Rage 2 (I hated the first game) and Spider-Man PS4 to my give a fuck list.

I'm still waiting for gosh darned Bloodstained to be shown.

(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)catartik Wrote: Yeah I've decided to add Rage 2 (I hated the first game) and Spider-Man PS4 to my give a fuck list.

Kotaku described Rage 2 as basically Open World Doom meets Mad Max.
Count me in for that as well.
As for Bloodstained, seems the game is great, but the visual style has been criticized a lot; frankly, as long as it looks ok and plays great, i dont mind.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Spidey looks great. There was a Spiderman game on PS2 I think that was as close to an open world New York as you could get. I used to just love thwipping around NY, and this has the and then some. I'd be happy just with that TBH, so this looks great.
(06-13-2018, 03:59 PM)ryoken Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 03:44 PM)catartik Wrote: Yeah I've decided to add Rage 2 (I hated the first game) and Spider-Man PS4 to my give a fuck list.

Kotaku described Rage 2 as basically Open World Doom meets Mad Max.
Count me in for that as well.
As for Bloodstained, seems the game is great, but the visual style has been criticized a lot; frankly, as long as it looks ok and plays great, i dont mind.

That’s exactly what got me excited for Rage 2, more Doom style combat.

IGN is doing a live streamed of Bloodstained at 10:30 PST tomorrow. 

The backgrounds are procedurally generated, which is not good news. But I think the project got so massively big they had no choice but to go that route. I can only imagine how long it would take to hand draw everything. That’s what gave SotN so much character though, the little background details of a rat moving around between floorboards or a nest of birds.

(06-13-2018, 04:00 PM)Andy Bain II Wrote: Spidey looks great.  There was a Spiderman game on PS2 I think that was as close to an open world New York as you could get.  I used to just love thwipping around NY, and this has the and then some.  I'd be happy just with that TBH, so this looks great.

Spider-Man 2 (the movie game); loved it.

Also, My friend Pedro looks, well, bananas:

I give it 24 hours on PC before someone makes a Deadpool mod for it

WHERE IS ROCKSTEADY?!
(06-13-2018, 07:51 PM)freeman Wrote: WHERE IS ROCKSTEADY?!

[Image: 902834-feature-image.jpg]
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
(06-13-2018, 07:51 PM)freeman Wrote: WHERE IS ROCKSTEADY?!

https://twitter.com/Seftonhill/status/10...0532273153
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(06-12-2018, 09:48 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Sure, but it's an expected staple of the series. Might as well take out S.P.E.C.I.A.L. if that's the case.

Compared to the original games they have taken out the SPECIAL system. Now it's just a skill tree that's arbitrarily linked to an acronym.
It's still real to me dammit.
Git' in under mah belly!