Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM Post-Release
The FAQ is here!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/jurassic-world-f...1827136902

"It is so contrived that I was genuinely impressed at how much thought the filmmakers absolutely refused to put into it."
That quote seems to perfectly sum the movie and its plot up
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I went in hoping for nonsense

and nonsense I got! Right down to the parody level of bombast of the opening title logo!

I had a pleasant time

really needs to go all out with HENRY WU

And I'm all for LITTLE GIRL unleashing jurassicworld on the world 

I'm fully on the side of the animals in these new movies 

kill us all

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE REX

OH!  and who is that poacher/merc that looked like a fusion of Mel Brooks and Holt McCallany??? OH SHIT THAT WAS TED LEVINE???
I don't understand the premise of the next movie. Those animals are all dead within a week.
Really should have went with a doomsday virus.

"Lot number 1008 . . . Jurrasic doomsday virus . . . we will start the bidding at 1.5 million."*

Fuck it, bite from Planet of the Apes if your honestly reaching for a 'Jurassic World'.

*Did the profits from each auction item strike anyone else as ludicrously small potatoes? "Sold to the Russian gentleman for only a few 'millions' dollars." Congrats . . . you made a small return representing a vanishingly tiny percent of your total wealth. Worth it!
(06-27-2018, 02:52 AM)freeman Wrote: I don't understand the premise of the next movie.  Those animals are all dead within a week.

I don't care about the next movie.  The same way I didn't care about a follow-up to jurassic world
(06-27-2018, 02:52 AM)freeman Wrote: I don't understand the premise of the next movie. Those animals are all dead within a week.

I've got money on Blue murdering a family and dressing in Mom or Dad's clothes to try and play it off like nothing's out of the ordinary.
that's the TED LEVINE way!!!
It'll be like Meet the Applegates with dinosaurs.

Add Pratt and you've got yourself a comedy of errors.
There's a book called Footprints of Thunder, which is about nuclear testing causing some crazy ripples through time which essentially folds the Jurassic Period and modern day life onto each other, and the two worlds merge together. New York is suddenly flooded by Raptors and Rex's and foliage.

THAT'S the post apocalypse Dinosaur story I want to see on screen. A full on world wide zombie apocalypse style story, but only with dinosaurs.
No . . . that's A Sound of Thunder.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6342...of_Thunder

I am fully aware of A Sound of Thunder and the subsequent Simpsons parody, thank you.
(06-27-2018, 03:16 AM)turingmachine75 Wrote: No . . . that's A Sound of Thunder.

No . . . that's Super Mario Bros: The Movie.
You guys are such nerds.
Of course we are. If JP6 doesn't go into full Dino-Riders mode I will be very disappointed.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Huh . . . had no idea that was based on a book. Does it have the same time travel dino safari/butterfly effect thing going?
The story you were referencing was a short story that's quite old. It is more of a time travel story than a dinosaur apocalypse thing, with a very Planet of the Apes ending. The book I was referencing using dinosaur apocalypse as the straight up full on premise. What if one day a prehistoric jungle and all the dinosaurs just appeared all over the world, sharing the same time and space as us? It's a neat concept with potential for TONS of fun. As Nooj said the new Apes trilogy but with dinosaurs, basically.
Ah . . . the meat of the film ASoT was a Bradbury short story if I recall correctly now that my memory is jogged.
(06-27-2018, 02:52 AM)freeman Wrote: I don't understand the premise of the next movie.  Those animals are all dead within a week.

You’re assuming a level of competence from the humans of this world that isn’t warranted based on the last two films. 

I sort of want them to start having the ‘roaming dinos’ pop up in completely unrelated films now. Having trouble resolving a love triangle at the end of your romantic comedy? Have an allosaurus pop up and eat one of them. Problem solved!
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Well, you've got the dinos that were released in the escape, the dinos that were already shipped out before everything went to hell at the auction, and there are bunches of embyros out there. I don't think the idea was that the dozen or so dinos that were released are going to single-handedly take over the earth, but that the genie is out of the bottle and we're going to have to deal with there being dinosaurs out in the world now.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
If it turns out CLOM's plan all along was to make a postapocalyptic dinosaur epic, and only hitched on the Jurrasic Park franchise because he knew he needed to attach his idea to an existent franchise in order to get Hollywood to make it, i might join Nooj's Cult of CLOM.
Unless its bad.
Just get George Miller to direct it. Mad Max with Dinosaurs sounds like a winning formula.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

It's interesting how much FALLEN KINGDOM seems to "borrow" from the infamous John Sayles draft for JPIV:

- Both have first acts involving returns to Isla Nublar to find something (Nedry's can in the Sayles draft, Blue in FK).
- Both have semi-sinister billionaires or billionaire flunkies providing funding.
- Both involve the creation of new, hyper-intelligent raptor hybrids.
- Both set a large chunk of the story at a secluded mansion.

My hunch is that these are elements Spielberg always liked and had been looking for a way to include in another movie one day.

(06-27-2018, 10:23 AM)ryoken Wrote: If it turns out CLOM's plan all along was to make a postapocalyptic dinosaur epic, and only hitched on the Jurrasic Park franchise because he knew he needed to attach his idea to an existent franchise in order to get Hollywood to make it, i might join Nooj's Cult of CLOM.

I don't know about any of that, but I do know Trevorrow has been saying (whether honestly or not) for a while that whatever idea he's got for JW 3 is actually the story he's been wanting to tell from the beginning, but Spielberg felt the series couldn't just jump right into that and instead pushed the idea of a new trilogy to build up to it.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I'm all for a JURASSIC WORLD: DINOPOCALYPSE. But if the movie still saddles us with Owen and Claire as our mains, I'm much less interested. Because these two dingbats aren't equipped to save stamps, let alone mankind.

Give me a whole batch of new characters. Survivors trying just to live through it. Then halfway through maybe, bring back Clone Girl and the Dope Squad.
(06-27-2018, 10:23 AM)ryoken Wrote: Just get George Miller to direct it. Mad Max with Dinosaurs sounds like a winning formula.

MAD REX

----------

I want the Dinosaurs to thrive in the wilderness then eventually take over Disneyland, requiring Owen and High Heels McGee to take a crack team into Disneyland to try to drive out the dinos. Only to find some hideous hybrid monster dino is living in big lake.

Yeah, that'll do it.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
I want Sam Neill and Laura Dern back for the first half, in a decimated I AM LEGEND world where T-Rexs run free through Times Square.
Then Owendiana Jones and Red Sauce show up for the second half. Combine both series and then shut the franchise down once and for all.
The dinosaurs win and Clone girl runs away to join them and be the Hybrid Queen of the New Millennia, swinging on vines from the 59th Street bridge.

Post-credit scene: Millions of years later, Martian Explorers find the still intact can of shaving cream from JP1 and take it back to their world for study.
(06-27-2018, 07:32 PM)engineer Wrote: Post-credit scene:  Millions of years later, Martian Explorers find the still intact can of shaving cream from JP1 and take it back to their world for study.

and then what happened on earth will happen to mars!

MARS: DINO OF WAR
(06-27-2018, 07:36 PM)Nooj Wrote: MARS: DINO OF WAR

Which is why they go back in time to 2005 and attack Tom Cruise!

SPIELBERGIVERSE!!

(06-11-2018, 01:28 PM)TheMaxx Wrote: From what a lot of you are saying, y’all really wanna see that unused John Sayles draft of JP4. I must admit that was where my mind went after creepy genetic dead daughter reveals herself. Why not?

When the auctioneer said the new dino was cloned from "the two most dangerous animals to ever walk the earth," I was waiting for a "raptor ... annnndddd man!!!" follow-up. But the movie never delivers. With the goes-nowhere twist involving the granddaughter, I wonder if that aspect was dropped from the script (or saved for a big reveal in JP 6).
It's too bad -- for myriad reasons, but this one for the purposes of my argument -- that Pete Postlethwaite is no longer with us, because Roland Tembo on a cross-country dino-hunt would be awesome.

----------

RedLetterMedia

"If you've got a gun with a laser pointer... And it causes a dinosaur to attack whatever the laser is pointed at... Why not just shoot the target with the gun??"
Just read the Chaw review.

Beautiful.
I'm confused about something. They say the Indo Raptor was a mix of the Indominus Rex and a raptor, right? But wasn't the Indominus Rex already part Raptor?
It was indeed!

but this time, they specifically wanted to incorporate Blue's SUPER INTELLIGENT/EMPATHIC DEE-ENNAY to make a more trainable/controllable IndoRaptor
Empathy is genetic?