Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone
Liked the pilot for this one. Maybe a tad soapy at times (mainly from the daughter character) but it felt a bit like Dallas  mixed with HELL OR HIGH WATER. Costner is good as the rancher who seems to own half of Montana, but Gil Birmingham is so far awesome as the head of the Indian tribe that is looking to topple Costner's empire.
(06-21-2018, 12:11 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Liked the pilot for this one. Maybe a tad soapy at times (mainly from the daughter character) but it felt a bit like Dallas  mixed with HELL OR HIGH WATER. Costner is good as the rancher who seems to own half of Montana, but Gil Birmingham is so far awesome as the head of the Indian tribe that is looking to topple Costner's empire.

Yeah, I thought the whole vampy sex spider daughter seemed like she came from a different TV show. Maybe she'll integrate better once she has more to do.
I'm still avian.
shit, didn't realize that this started.
Looks like from the previews they're gonna have her deal with Danny Huston's character. Hopefully that'll be more of a "C" storyline.

I like the idea of the ranchers as a gang, complete with branding initiation.
Beautiful to watch--15 minutes in had me ready to move to Montana. Costner good, daughter way too soap opera-y, jury still out on Wes Bentley and the other son. Trying a little too hard to be "Golden Age TV" with about half a dozen too many characters.
(06-21-2018, 12:20 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: shit, didn't realize that this started.

It'll rerun on Paramount on Saturday and Sunday night.
I just caught the first two episodes, liked it a lot.

That broad is soapy, but these other guys that are working around her are making up for it.

Cole Hauser as Costner's enforcer is making it pretty damn good.
My PSN ID - electrichead72-----------------------------------------I'm not dumb! I'm smart! and I want respect!