Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Post-Release Discussion
Yeah, I loved the out of nowhere jokes. Especially the one at the end from Goggins. The delivery was so fucking sweet.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
Or when Hank is taking the piss out of Scott being child-sized by offering him some kiddie snacks and Scott asks hopefully "Seriously though, do you have some?"

Meanwhile, Bobby Cannavale is there to help prevent the audience from feeling bad for Judy Greer and Cassie.  Generally if there's a broken relationship there's a natural tension when one is re-relationshipped up and the other isn't. It means we root for Scott and Hope even harder. The fact Bobby C is a good, non-uptight dude just enhances that entire dynamic.
why the huge text?
Bucho's regulator is a work in progress...
let's get him a juicebox and some string cheese!!!
(07-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Bucho Wrote: Or when Hank is taking the piss out of Scott being child-sized by offering him some kiddie snacks and Scott asks hopefully "Seriously though, do you have some?"

Meanwhile, Bobby Cannavale is there to help prevent the audience from feeling bad for Judy Greer and Cassie.  Generally if there's a broken relationship there's a natural tension when one is re-relationshipped up and the other isn't. It means we root for Scott and Hope even harder. The fact Bobby C is a good, non-uptight dude just enhances that entire dynamic.

Are you gigantic? Should we send Evangeline Lilly to help you?
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
if only CAP could see him now!
Weird, I don't know why it came out like that. Maybe my bus quantum tunnelled a little bit while I was thumbing that out on my phone.

(07-15-2018, 02:42 PM)stelios Wrote:
(07-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Bucho Wrote: Or when Hank is taking the piss out of Scott being child-sized by offering him some kiddie snacks and Scott asks hopefully "Seriously though, do you have some?"

Are you gigantic? Should we send Evangeline Lilly to help you?

Not as far as I can tell, but perhaps you should send Evangeline Lilly anyway, just in case.
(07-15-2018, 02:45 PM)Nooj Wrote: if only CAP could see him now!

"You know, I'm an Avenger now."
Some genuine heat in that scene where Scott and Hope are in the school supply room. We don't see enough of that kind of chemistry in Marvel movies.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
yeah, her line I quoted above ("If only CAP could see you nooooow!") was the kicker
Also when she's climbing up on his giant lap and fiddling with his belt-buckle. So many confusing feelings
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
MACROPHILIA!
So, science. During the third-act car chase, the shrunken lab building is in the shrinking car. How many levels of shrinkage are permissible* before Quantum Realm rules kick in? What if somebody is in the lab when it shrinks? What if there are shrunken things IN the lab?

*that's what she said
I wonder about how much the contents of the shrunken lab get knocked around as the lab flies every which way as people fight for it!

That place should be a mess inside!

GOOD THING HANK INVENTED THE INERTIAL DAMPENERS!!!
I liked that when the lab got unshrunk at Fisherman's Wharf the carry-handle was still up. That's some structural integrity right there.
I was clenching pretty hard when Hank plonked his house on that beach with nary a pile nor slab to support it.
Yeah, you'd think he'd at least make sure it was level first.
How does the toilet work? How do they power the refrigerator?

Hmmm???
I'm not Avery.
oooh-weee I'm sure glad Hank invented the quantum septic tank!
Does a tiny thing have the density of it's actual size or does it have the density of a tiny thing?

WHICH IS IT MARVEL?!
It's one of the major rules in comic books.

"Pym Particles! Ain't gotta explain shit!"
There was definitely an opportunity missed when they had the car shrink suddenly in broad daylight the first time and there was no shot of a drunk doing a double take, looking at his bottle and being all, "I really gotta start laying off this stuff."
I prefer the classic pigeon double take. NEVER fails to make me chuckle, I don't care how groan worthy it is. Animal double takes are FUNNY.
(Today, 02:06 AM)Bucho Wrote: There was definitely an opportunity missed when they had the car shrink suddenly in broad daylight the first time and there was no shot of a drunk doing a double take, looking at his bottle and being all, "I really gotta start laying off this stuff."

Wasn't that basically the Stan Lee cameo?
Too many DAMAGED REGULATORS in this movie.

I thought it was decent. That's a big step up for me, since I was frothing with hate after Antman 1.

I can kinda buy that a light comedy Marvel movie is possible now. It takes a certain touch to pull it off. Peyton Reed's abilities come off a little better this time, now that the stink of the Edgar Wright replacement and last minute rewrites is gone.

A few parts left me wondering. The climax of Fishburne's moral dilemma was pretty lame. Also, I think Hank's journey at the end could've been mined for more drama without taking away from the tone. It came off too much like Michael Douglas hanging out on a green screen stage for a leisurely afternoon.

I'll be discussing the ethics of ant enslavement with my friends that have also seen it.

For Antman 3 they should just sat fuck it and remake Innerspace. You're not going to get a better shrinking movie than that.
(Today, 05:14 AM)kyle reese 2 Wrote: Too many DAMAGED REGULATORS in this movie.

I thought it was decent. That's a big step up for me, since I was frothing with hate after Antman 1.

I can kinda buy that a light comedy Marvel movie is possible now. It takes a certain touch to pull it off. Peyton Reed's abilities come off a little better this time, now that the stink of the Edgar Wright replacement and last minute rewrites is gone.

A few parts left me wondering. The climax of Fishburne's moral dilemma was pretty lame. Also, I think Hank's journey at the end could've been mined for more drama without taking away from the tone. It came off too much like Michael Douglas hanging out on a green screen stage for a leisurely afternoon.

I'll be discussing the ethics of ant enslavement with my friends that have also seen it.

For Antman 3 they should just sat fuck it and remake Innerspace. You're not going to get a better shrinking movie than that.

They certainly treat their ants a lot better than some other elements of nature out there.

"Zombie Fungus Enslaves Only Its Favorite Ant Brains"

https://www.livescience.com/47751-zombie...rains.html
(Today, 02:57 AM)hammerhead Wrote:
(Today, 02:06 AM)Bucho Wrote: There was definitely an opportunity missed when they had the car shrink suddenly in broad daylight the first time and there was no shot of a drunk doing a double take, looking at his bottle and being all, "I really gotta start laying off this stuff."

Yeah, pretty much.
(Today, 02:57 AM)hammerhead Wrote:

Yes. It was like the acid flashbacks version.