Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- World champion Sebastian Vettel is not finished wi
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates -- World champion Sebastian Vettel is not finished with Formula Ones record books just yet. Raiders Jerseys . His dominant win in Sundays Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was his seventh in a row -- matching Michael Schumachers feat in 2004 -- and 11th of the season that leaves him 130 points ahead of his nearest rival. At 26, the Red Bull driver is the youngest four-time F1 champion. By the end of November, he could have matched two more records. With two races left, he could reach Schumachers single-season record of 13 GP wins and Alberto Ascaris long-standing record of nine consecutive race wins, although they spanned two seasons in 1952-53. "I think it is hard to put these things into perspective," Vettel said. "But its incredible to have such a strong bunch of people who believe so strongly in what they are doing." Vettel started from second on the grid, but within seconds had overtaken Red Bull teammate Mark Webber and was unchallenged after that, beating Webber by 30.8 seconds over 55 laps, and finishing 33.6 clear of Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg. "The car was flawless, it doesnt happen that often that the car responds to everything you want," Vettel said. "I am looking forward to tonight, where there will be a few drinks." Although the German had already clinched his latest F1 title at the Indian GP last weekend, he wasnt stopping there. Vettel now has 37 career race wins and looked stunned when told he had just matched Schumachers run of seven wins in a row in one campaign. "Obviously, winning is very special," Vettel said. "Seven races in a row -- every single one is tough. I remember watching Formula One as a kid (when) Michael was dominating for Ferrari." Vettel can set a single-season record with eight straight at the United States Grand Prix in two weeks time. Then, victory at the season-ending Brazilian GP a week later will see him match Ascari. "People see seven races they dont see the challenge it takes every race to nail it," Vettel added. "We got everything right, pit stops, reliability. The numbers arent that important to me but equally they make me very, very proud." Moments after winning, Vettel jogged over to his waiting parents. "I have spent most of my life racing in front of them as a kid," Vettel said. "The cars are a bit bigger now, but I am so pleased they are here to see me." Just like last weekend, Vettel celebrated the win with a few screeching doughnuts on the Yas Marina circuit. He was fined last time, but is unlikely to care too much. Webbers last win was at the British GP in July last year and the 37-year-old never looked like making it 10 career wins. The Australian has never been known for his pure speed and made a poor start, allowing Vettel and then Rosberg to pass him. "The start wasnt great and Nico got an unbelievable start," Webber said. "I would have liked the win, but I matched my best result here. There are plenty of Aussie fans here so thank you." Overall it was a good day for Mercedes in the battle with Ferrari for second place in the constructors championship. "Our aim for the weekend was to be best of the rest," Rosberg said. "I was very happy to hear that we took some more points from them." Red Bull has already won the constructors title with 513 points. Mercedes is next with 334 points to Ferraris 323. "The most important thing is to finish second in the constructors championship, not only financially but also motivationally for the team," Rosberg said. Force India driver Paul di Resta finished sixth ahead of Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton and Ferraris Felipe Massa. Qualifying and the race itself are held at twilight here, allowing the track to cool and the drivers to avoid the stifling daytime heat. Kimi Raikkonens day proved even more difficult with the Finn retiring on lap one with suspension damage. "The Caterham only touched a little bit the front wheel, but the angle was so bad it damaged my suspension," Raikkonen said. The 2007 world champion threatened not to race at all because Lotus has not paid his wages all year. Then he qualified fifth only to be demoted to the back of the grid after his car failed a post-qualifying inspection because of an illegal floor. As Vettel pulled away, Webber complained over race radio that his KERS power-boosting system was not working properly, costing him valuable seconds as Grosjean pressured him. Vettels lead was so commanding that he could take his first pit stop and still come out comfortably ahead of the chasing pack. With 10 laps to go, Alonso went off the track after nearly colliding with Vergnes Toro Rosso. Stewards investigated whether he stayed within the track limits but cleared the Spaniard after the race. Alonso has not won a race since the Spanish GP in May, but with Raikkonen out, he consolidated his second place in the drivers standings. However, when Alonso looks at the points -- Vettel has 347 to his 217 -- he will realize just how badly he was beaten this season, having failed to beat Vettel by just three points last year. P.J. Hall Jersey .Y. -- Mark Steenhuis scored four goals and added two assists to lead the Buffalo Bandits over the Toronto Rock 12-10 in National Lacrosse League action on Saturday. Brandon Parker Raiders Jersey .Sinclair, from Burnaby, B.C., led the Canadian team with three goals at the four-nation competition. She also earned tournament most valuable player honours.The Canadian captain scored on a penalty kick in the 63rd minute and added the winning goal a minute later. http://www.theraidersfansclub.com/Black-...ml?cat=964 .  Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday.PHOENIX -- Arizonas coaches chatted with a few of young players before the game, offering some hitting tips and encouragement. Among that group were Didi Gregorius and Jake Lamb. It didnt take the youngsters long to apply what they learned. Lamb hit his first career homer and Gregorius hit a three-run shot in the eighth inning after Arizona blew the lead in the top half, lifting the Diamondbacks to a 5-2 win over the San Diego Padres on Saturday night. "We try to get them to believe in themselves," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "Sometimes the results are frustrating, but they had good games tonight." So did Vidal Nuno, though he didnt get the same results. Nuno pitched effectively into the eighth, appearing to be in line for his first win since being traded from the New York Yankees to Arizona for Brandon McCarthy on July 6. Instead, the Padres loaded the bases with one out and Yangervis Solarte hit a two-run single up the middle off Oliver Perez (3-3). The Diamondbacks answered in the bottom half off Kevin Quackenbush (2-3). Alfredo Marte got it started by working a walk and Lamb followed with a single to left. Gregorius fell behind 0-2, but tomahawked a high fastball just over the will in right for his third hit in 40 at-bats over 11 games. "The ups and downs for a major League relief pitcher, especially for a guy who pitches late in the game, (is) a night like tonight," Padres manager Bud Black said of Quackenbush. "He will learn from it." Addison Reed worked a perfect ninth for his 30th save. Nuno had been solid since coming to the desert, allowing three runs or fewer five times. He allowed just one hit over the first seven innings, but couldnt get through the eighth and San Diego loaded the bases. Perez struck out Jedd Gyorko and had Solarte down 0-2, but the Padres second baseman chopped a two-run single up the middle to tie the game at 2. Nuno gave up two runs on two hits in 7 2-3 innings, stretching his post-trade winless streak to nine games -- longest to start a career by an Arizona player. "I just try to go deep in the games," Nuno said. "The outcome has been unlucky, but just keep on fighting and Ill get it." San Diego starter Andrew Cashner was solid in his first start since comming off the disabled list, allowing two runs in five innings. Johnny Townsend Raiders Jersey. Cliff Pennington drove in one with a single in the first and Lamb led off the second with a homer to the pool deck in right-centre. Like Nuno, Cashner didnt get the result for pitching well, stretching his winless streak to nine starts despite a 3.06 ERA. "I didnt feel that I commanded anything, but I gave us a chance to win," Cashner said. "I am a better pitcher than the way I showed tonight, but it was definitely a step in the right direction." ROOKIE HOMERS Lambs homer was the eighth first-timer by a Diamondbacks rookie this season, most in the majors. He joins Nick Ahmed, Tuffy Gosewisch, Ender Inciarte, Roger Kieschnick, Alfredo Marte, Chris Owings and David Peralta. Arizona had 10 rookies hit their first homers in the 2004 season. BLACK STUCK AT 799 Black has had three chances to win his 800th career game as a manager. Hes failed to get it during a three-game losing streak that includes two to the Diamondbacks. Once he gets there, Black will join Bruce Bochy, who had a team-record 951 wins from 1995-2006, in San Diegos 800-win club. TIDBITS San Diegos Cameron Maybin is 12 for 27 against Arizona this season. ... The Diamondbacks have won five of six over San Diego. ... Quackenbush had a seven-game scoreless streak (6 2-3 innings) end. ... Arizonas Mark Trumbo had his first triple since Sept. 13, 2013, at Houston, a span of 71 games and 296 plate appearances. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: Gyorko was held out the starting lineup due to a tweaked left hamstring. He played through the injury on Friday after get hurt at Dodger Stadium the day before. Diamondbacks: OF Cody Ross, on the DL since July 22, is making slow progress during his rehab from a strained left calf. Gibson said he can walk around on it and swing a bat, but is not ready for any quick movements. UP NEXT Padres: RHP Ian Kennedy will make his second start at Chase Field on Sunday since being traded to San Diego on July 31, 2013. He did not factor in the decision his previous outing, allowing six runs on six hits in 4 1-3 innings last Aug. 27. Diamondbacks: RHP Chase Anderson lasted just two innings his previous start, giving up six runs in a loss to Washington on Tuesday. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '