Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE CATCHER WAS A SPY Discussion

It's fine. It's pleasant. Rudd is quite good, and points for having a character that is clearly bisexual (though only hinted at). 

It probably should have been a miniseries, as it feels too short at 90 minutes and they do a lot of stuff where they're jumping back and forth through time and truncating the narrative.

Paul Rudd looks old for the first time in ever.
home taping is killing music
This sounds like a movie Troy McClure would star in.
I'm still avian.
I look forward to the thrilling final instalment in the trilogy, The Catcher Says Goodbye.
(07-05-2018, 12:32 PM)boone daniels Wrote: points for having a character that is clearly bisexual (though only hinted at). 

How is something that is only hinted at clear?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
They don't show him having sex with or kissing a man, but they make it clear he's attracted to men. There's a sequence where he wakes up after clearly spending the night with a man, and a sequence of him leaving a gay bar. But you also see him having enthusiastic sex with his girlfriend at the time. Lots of talk about how he doesn't quite fit anywhere, etc.
So....not really hinting then? Tongue
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Apparently the real life Berg's sexuality is still a mystery, so the movie doesn't outright say "I fuck both guys and girls." I'd say it suggests it more than hints it.

Pedant.
(07-05-2018, 02:26 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Pedant.

That's Mr. Pedant to you, boone!