Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROBOCOP RETURNS - Pre-Release Thread
(07-11-2018, 06:54 PM)ska oreo Wrote: So still the only one who likes nu-Robocop.

I’ll accept it.

It manages to make Samuel L Jackson playing a parody of Tucker Carlson boring.
Scumbag Michael Keaton tries to make up for it, along with the return of the original suit color at the end and the nightmarish "scale of damage" reveal sequence, but the rest of the movie is completely forgetable.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Only good idea in the remake was showing Murphy how little of himself was left. But the effects in that scene are so laughable that the whole deal was botched.
(07-11-2018, 06:30 PM)Alt-molt Wrote:
Jones Wrote:Well, it has to be R rated, naturally.  I guess that with Trump in charge we're more likely to accept the kind of mad and terrible future the Robocop movies promise.  Keep Robocop 2, though.  That film is great.
The original sequel script from Neumier/Miner in the 80's had Bixby Snyder ("I'd buy that for a dollar!") running for President.
I don't know whether to be more disturbed by the prescience of this, or by the fact that at this point that would be an actual step up.

Tell me there will be bitches. Tell me they will be told to leave.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(07-11-2018, 07:22 PM)slim Wrote: Tell me there will be bitches. Tell me they will be told to leave.

Promise me money.  Promise me power, too.  Promise me anything I ask for!
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
Will I shit snow for a year?
yeah, the reveal of Murphy's scraps is such a great, chilling moment. it's so good I almost thought to myself, "I think this movie is on track now!" but it wasn't. it just got worse.

it also feels like a much cheaper movie than it is. not in the scale, but in the way it is shot and the execution of a lot of the FX, it feels like it should have cost half of what it did ($100 million).

honestly, they give Blomkamp $70-$100 million to make Robocop Returns, I think he can do wonders with that.

I'd be down for Michael Fassbender in the title role.
the empire never ended
Like the Total Recall remake, I refused to see the RoboCop one, and completely forget they even exist until someone brings them up. Awwjeah, self-control!
Tried watching noRobo.

Tried.

I did not succeed.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(07-11-2018, 07:22 PM)slim Wrote: Tell me there will be bitches. Tell me they will be told to leave.

Fuck!

I'd buy that for a dollar.
I saw the remakes of Total Recall and RoboCop theatrically because I am super into self-harm.
(07-11-2018, 07:42 PM)bradito Wrote: I saw the remakes of Total Recall and RoboCop theatrically because I am super into self-harm.

Re-read The Last Jedi post-release discussion thread.  

Out loud.
(07-11-2018, 07:42 PM)bradito Wrote: I saw the remakes of Total Recall and RoboCop theatrically because I am super into self-harm.

Awwjeah, self-harm!
The Total Recall remake, as a saving grace, did have Kate Beckinsale at her most fetch.
(07-11-2018, 07:50 PM)Overlord Wrote:

Re-read The Last Jedi post-release discussion thread.  

Out loud.

This is how the Joker really begins.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Colin Farrell fights Bryan Cranston in a movie. I mean, they set up lights and cameras and made that happen.
Bryan Cranston should be Robocop. Fuck casting him as a villain. Cast him as the goddamn machine.

I've always considered the first xXx an unofficial sequel to RoboCop for its "Bitches, come!" moment.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(07-11-2018, 07:36 PM)shaunh Wrote: Like the Total Recall remake, I refused to see the RoboCop one, and completely forget they even exist until someone brings them up. Awwjeah, self-control!

(07-11-2018, 08:14 PM)Overlord Wrote: The Total Recall remake, as a saving grace, did have Kate Beckinsale at her most fetch.

The sole redeeming thing about the Total Recall remake is Beckinsale.
That, and that they essentially merged the characters of Ricghter and Lori into one, which worked wonders onscreen because Beckinsale sold it.
She's the only one having fun with the damn movie, clearly having a blast playing a psychotic, murderous and unstoppable bitch.*

*I still say Beckinsale would make one hell of a female Terminator.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

I'm 100% down with this. When I first saw District 9 it really reminded me of Robocop anyway.

I'll be interested to see where this goes, I would like to see that William Gibson script for Robocop 4 get dusted off. Just keep Frank Miller away from it and we are good!
PSN ID: Numbix2017
Remember when Darren Aronofsky almost made a RoboCop movie?

I bet that would've been cool.

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

Remember when Darren Aronofsky almost did a Batman movie?

Set in the 70s...

With a poor Bruce Wayne..

Driving a Lincoln/Batmobile..

I actually still want to see this.
And his The Wolverine. Why does he taunt me with mainstream movies he'll obviously never make?

After the disaster of this Affleck business , I say bring in Aronofsky and give him his shot . Give it to Gyllenhaal and have it loop into Joaquin Phoenix as the new Joker.
(07-12-2018, 01:20 PM)call me roy Wrote: Remember when Darren Aronofsky almost did a Batman movie?

Set in the 70s...

With a poor Bruce Wayne..

Driving a Lincoln/Batmobile..

I actually still want to see this.

In the Batman Draft we did last year that was the take I worked towards. I had Travis Fimmel (Ragnar on tv's Vikings) as Wayne and Jon Hamm as an ersatz Superman.
(07-12-2018, 01:22 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: And his The Wolverine. Why does he taunt me with mainstream movies he'll obviously never make?

Then he goes and makes some on-the-nose, crazy film with Jennifer Lawrence.
Wait, I thought Neil got that out of his system with Chappie? Wasn't there an Ed-209 in Chappie, and a whole battle sequence between the two?
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
(07-12-2018, 06:04 PM)Jones Wrote: Wait, I thought Neil got that out of his system with Chappie?  Wasn't there an Ed-209 in Chappie, and a whole battle sequence between the two?

Ill forgive him for Chappie if he has that south african white rapper from that film be the guy that get shot in the dick in this film.

What if the guy who got shot in the dick in the first movie comes back with like a robo dick or whatever?
I'd buy that for a dollar.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(07-12-2018, 01:22 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: And his The Wolverine. Why does he taunt me with mainstream movies he'll obviously never make?

He really wants to do something that Frank Miller was involved in. Or at least he seemingly did. Think all that's left now is Ronin.
Hardcore Henry already had a cyborg lead and Sharlto C. Wink
(07-14-2018, 12:19 PM)Darkmite Wrote: Hardcore Henry already had a cyborg lead and Sharlto C. Wink

sigh.  That movie really should have been better than it actually was.
 I think all Marvel films are okay. This is my design.

Except for Thor 2: the literal worst.
oh boy I forgot I saw hardcore henry!