Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROBOCOP RETURNS - Pre-Release Thread
I almost forgot Hardcore Henry was a thing that existed.
I saw it opening day.
I saw it at an advance screening!
Neill wants Weller: https://www.slashfilm.com/peter-weller-robocop-sequel/
I mean yes, obviously.

Aside from that though there is no reason Weller couldn't be in this. I'd imagine they would go the same route with his body as they go with Iron Man.

Weller's turn as the voice of Batman in the animated "Dark Knight Returns" is an all-timer.
Peter Weller is like a warm blanket for me.

Same goes for Will Patton and William Sadler.

I hope they are in The Robocop as well.

(08-13-2018, 03:37 PM)bradito Wrote: Weller's turn as the voice of Batman in the animated "Dark Knight Returns" is an all-timer.

He really did a great job in that. Perfect fit.
Dr. Peter Weller is a professor of history at my alma mater, Syracuse University. This amuses me greatly, though I'm quite sad that it was long after my time there, so I never had the oppty to enjoy a class with Professor Robocop.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Ever since I learned that about Weller -- because I saw him pop up as a talking head on some history doc show-- I've liked to imagine that he dismisses his students each class by telling them to "stay out of trouble."
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(08-14-2018, 01:56 PM)slim Wrote: Ever since I learned that about Weller -- because I saw him pop up as a talking head on some history doc show-- I've liked to imagine that he dismisses his students each class by telling them to "stay out of trouble."

Engineering an Empire

They're on Youtube
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
Seems fitting that this shares the same title as another failure of a movie that tried to ignore sequels: SUPERMAN RETURNS.

Despite claims, Singer seemed to show no real understanding of that Donner film. I rather not have that happen again with ROBOCOP.
I can't wait for him to exclaim, "No. I can't shoot people. Murphy no crimes!"
Apparently Weller's art history courses are among the hardest at Syracuse, and by design, because he knows everyone expects Robocop to be an easy A.
home taping is killing music
Weller's class is nowhere near as tough as Ronny Cox's Advanced Business Ethics course.
(08-14-2018, 06:31 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Apparently Weller's art history courses are among the hardest at Syracuse, and by design, because he knows everyone expects Robocop to be an easy A.

(08-14-2018, 06:39 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Weller's class is nowhere near as tough as Ronny Cox's Advanced Business Ethics course.

I'd have hoped he would have taught some classes in music theory, physics, and neurosurgery.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
(08-14-2018, 06:39 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Weller's class is nowhere near as tough as Ronny Cox's Advanced Business Ethics course.

"You just FUCKED with the wrong professor!"
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Ronny's just a really chill guitar teacher.

[Image: ztImsha.jpg]
I always liked this bit from Ronny in his Random Roles interview:

https://film.avclub.com/deliverance-s-ro...1798232091

Quote:Vilos Cohaagen, dictator of Mars! One of the things I’m fond of saying is that… I did that with Arnold Schwarzenegger, and I don’t want to give away too many secrets, but I taught Arnold everything he knew about governing in that movie. [Laughs.]

Since I'm here, here's Cox on his trick shoulder in DELIVERANCE:

Quote:I mean, it is a shocking vision, you have to admit, to all of a sudden have this perfectly normal human being looking grotesque. [Laughs.] It’s just something I can do. My shoulder comes out of place. No pain involved, really. John loved the image of that. But to this day, a lot of people say, “Oh, that’s the most fake-looking thing I’ve ever seen.”
(08-14-2018, 08:23 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Ronny's just a really chill guitar teacher.

[Image: ztImsha.jpg]

Holy crap I thought you were kidding, but turns out he's a famous folk singer who's more interested in touring than being in any more movies or TV Shows.  TIL
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
I think I saw him on Conan years ago as the musical guest.  He was really good!
XXXXX

Attached Files Image(s)

I REALLY want to believe that lens flash wasn't added, but it probably was.