Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE NEVERS (HBO) Discussion
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...bo-1126951

thread created specifically to beat barry to it
home taping is killing music
Ooooh wasn'th this supposed to be a comic series?

Regardless, I'm intrigued.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Guess Whedon survived that whole ex-wife thing just fine.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
(07-13-2018, 02:25 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Guess Whedon survived that whole ex-wife thing just fine.

Now if he can just manage to convince HUAC that he's not a Commie...
I'm still avian.
yut yoh
wow because MeToo and associated scandals are exactly the same thing as a sitting congressman saying that there are communists serving in the federal government and the film industry, and using that power to force people out of their positions for little more than exercising their first amendment right.

christ. we have a thread for that, by the way.
(07-13-2018, 02:25 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Guess Whedon survived that whole ex-wife thing just fine.
It's not really fair since his wife never witnessed anything that happened. You can't bury someone on that. He may have had affairs with some actresses on his shows but that's Hollywood normal. Affairs, drugs-don't care.

That being said it's about damn time Joss got an HBO series. All his series have been great and he needs a network that will support that.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Quote:That being said it's about damn time Joss got an HBO series. All his series have been great and he needs a network that will support that.

Counterpoint:

And the first response in that tweet is about someone saying Joss was exposed as a serial sexual harasser which isn't true at all.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I've loved, not liked, LOVED three of Whedon's television shows and the fourth had its moments (Dollhouse). Plus, I think he's been great on the big screen as well.

I know there was a kerfuffle over him in the never-ending "pound me too" scandal, but I'm going to take his ex-wife's words with a certain amount of salt grains ... though with that much smoke there's probably at least a little fire ...

I'll be there the first day it airs to see what he's come up with next.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
(07-13-2018, 05:54 PM)boone daniels Wrote:
Quote:That being said it's about damn time Joss got an HBO series. All his series have been great and he needs a network that will support that.

Counterpoint:

Yeah I have learned in the past that Sady Doyle isn't someone who I need to listen to.

(07-14-2018, 02:29 AM)Overlord Wrote: I've loved, not liked, LOVED three of Whedon's television shows and the fourth had its moments (Dollhouse). Plus, I think he's been great on the big screen as well.

I know there was a kerfuffle over him in the never-ending "pound me too" scandal, but I'm going to take his ex-wife's words with a certain amount of salt grains ... though with that much smoke there's probably at least a little fire ...

I'll be there the first day it airs to see what he's come up with next.

Well yeah I worry anytime anytime there is an angry ex involved. Im certain he did his fair share of cheating but that's literally every single man and woman in Hollywood except for possibly Tom Hanks and even then I worry that any day now I will hear about a sex dungeon being discovered in his house. A consensual sex dungeon though.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Joss has been working on this for a while. The previous incarnation was going to be a comic book called TWIST, which would have focused on a character Whedon described as "female Victorian Batman". When that didn't see the light of day, I reckon he was going to play with some of the themes he developed for the comic in his BATGIRL film. Now he's back to the Victorian England steampunk concept, this time following multiple women, each, I imagine, will be a riff on a classic superhero.

[Image: image?url=http%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.word...=1200&q=85]
Sady Doyle is great, and her book TRAINWRECK is a must-read. That's all.
EDIT: And Done.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
No, walt. If you're going to take shots, provide receipts.
(07-14-2018, 10:35 AM)boone daniels Wrote: No, Waaaaaaalt. If you're going to take shots, provide receipts.

No, I really shouldn't. But I guess I can delete my last post.
From a casual glance on Twitter and the internet, it seems like the ChapoTrapHouse guys went after her?
That probably happened but I don't follow the Trap House podcast.
Abel Korzeniowski for music please. Failing that, get any old Wanker to do it...
Fingers crossed he has a better idea in mind than DOLLHOUSE.
Gamertag: Tweakee
A gang of Victorian women with powers? Time to fancast!

Jodie Comer (KILLING EVE) - Yes, she already has a show, but it's only a British amount of episodes a year. There might be a way to make it work.
Adelaide Kane (REIGN)
Tatiana Maslany (ORPHAN BLACK)
Anna Popplewell (THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA films)
Anya Taylor-Joy (SPLIT)