Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chicago Blackhawks locked down the Wild, to go up 2-0 in their series, and the Pi
The Chicago Blackhawks locked down the Wild, to go up 2-0 in their series, and the Pittsburgh Penguins controlled play against the New York Rangers, evening their series at one game apiece. Real Madrid Jerseys . Notes on Bryan Bickell, Brandon Saad, Matt Moulson, Kris Letang, Marc-Andre Fleury and more. BLACKHAWKS LOCK DOWN WILD The Chicago Blackhawks stifled the Minnesota Wild on the way to a 4-1 win in Game Two, taking a 2-0 series lead. LW Bryan Bickell picked up a goal and two assists to lead the Blackhawks attack and RW Marian Hossa had three assists. LW Brandon Saad also had a pair of goals for the Blackhawks and the performance of supporting cast wingers like Bickell and Saad reminded me of the recent article in the Chicago Sun-Times by Mark Lazerus, about Chicagos use of analytics. The article, without getting into specifics, discusses how the Blackhawks use all kinds of data in their player evaluation and one of the easiest ways to dismiss Chicagos use of analytics is that, hey, they have Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews -- its not analytics that make them a good team. Of course elite players matter more than a teams analytical approach, and Toews and Kane are great, but they are just two players. The rest of the roster still needs to be filled out and, for Chicago, that includes big-bodied wingers like Saad and Bickell. Bickell, who was a playoff hero last season, scoring nine goals and 17 points in 23 games as the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, finished the 2013-2014 regular season with 11 goals and 15 points in 59 games, so expectations were relatively low coming into this postseason. However, digging a little deeper into the numbers, we see that Bickell had a 58.0% Corsi during the regular season (second among Blackhawks forwards, behind Jonathan Toews) and was among the unluckiest forwards in the league with a 95.6% PDO (on-ice shooting plus save percentage); these underlying statistics suggested that Bickell might be due for better results and, with five goals and eight points in this years playoffs, hes getting better results. Before scoring two goals, including an empty-netter, Sunday, Saad had one goal in 32 career playoff games. The 21-year-old is also a strong possession player, and has seven points (2 G, 5 A) in eight playoff games this year. For a team that has Toews, Kane, Hossa and Patrick Sharp, getting big production out of Bickell and Saad is just about unfair. A little more on the Blackhawks forward lines: with Andrew Shaw hurt and Brandon Bollig scratched, the Blackhawks returned Kris Versteeg and Jeremy Morin to the lineup. Ben Smith had a rough game, in terms of puck possession, on for 29.4% (10 for, 24 against) of the 5-on-5 shot attempts when he was on the ice. The Blackhawks, without Smith on the ice, were getting 62.0% (31 for, 19 against) of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. With Jonathan Toews on the ice, the Blackhawks had 73.7% (14 for, five against) of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. With Toews off the ice, the Blackhawks had only 41.5% of the shot attempts, though there were obviously some score effects at play, since Chicago dominated possession in score close situations. The Wild have been having trouble generating offence against Chicago. Blackhawks G Corey Crawford stopped 18 of Minnesotas 19 shots Sunday, and hes stopped 48 of 51 (.941 SV%) in the first two games of this series. One of the more notable problem areas in the lineup for the Wild is LW Matt Moulson, who has one goal (on 20 shots) and one assist in nine playoff games and has, effectively, been taken out of an offensive role. No Wild player had a lower percentage of offensive zone starts in Game Two, but this one example stands in contrast to the Blackhawks forward depth. This wasnt expected to be a particularly close series and, through two games, the Blackhawks are living up to their favoured status. The Wild will have to find a way, perhaps with better matchups at home, to get more chances or else this could be short work for Chicago. PENGUINS BLANK RANGERS The Pittsburgh Penguins dominated play against the New York Rangers in Game Two, winning 3-0 and evening the series at one game apiece. Penguins G Marc-Andre Fleury stopped all 22 shots he faced, and that gives him a .914 save percentage (224 saves on 245 shots) in the playoffs -- his highest playoff save percentage since 2007-2008. D Kris Letang had an outstanding game for the Penguins, with a goal and two assists, while playing 25:35; a bit of a break through for an offensive defenceman who had one point in the previous seven playoff games. Penguins C Sidney Crosby didnt record a point, but was on top of his game, generating a game-high 10 shot attempts and on the ice for 74.1% (20 for, seven against) of 5-on-5 shot attempts. Marcel Goc was the possession ace for Pittsburgh in Game Two, on for 12 shot attempts for and just two against (85.7%). The only Rangers line to finish on the right side of the possession ledger -- and just barely (10 for, nine against) -- was the trio of Brad Richards, Carl Hagelin and Daniel Carcillo. On the other hand, the line of Mats Zuccarello, Derick Brassard and Benoit Pouliot was on for less than 15% of 5-on-5 shot attempts, while D Ryan McDonagh was on the ice for four attempts for and 19 against (17.4%). The Rangers have played four games in the past six days and looked fatigued in Game Two. With Game Three going Monday night, there isnt much time for rest, but they will need to use whatever they can on home ice to tilt the ice back in their favour. The way Game Two played out, the Penguins controlled play even more decisively than the final score indicated and the Rangers could fall behind in this series while they struggle with a more condensed schedule than their opponents. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Sergio Ramos Real Madrid Jersey . Vonn "reopened" the idea of competing in the season-opening World Cup event on Oct. 26-27 in Soelden, Austria after returning to the slopes last month in Portillo, Chile. Toni Kroos Real Madrid Jersey . - Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery was so busy in free agency he didnt mind having a few extra weeks to prepare for the draft. http://www.realmadridteampro.com/Customized/ . Dumont, a fifth round draft pick of the Canadiens in 2009, has four assists and 20 penalty minutes in 12 games with the Bulldogs this season. The 23-year-old split last season between Hamilton and Montreal, recording 16 goals and 15 assists in 55 regular season games with the Bulldogs.I have almost no idea what to say anymore about conclusions and sports and because I never played any other sport at a high level, I would never speculate or conclude about what to do out of respect to that sport. I was casually listening to the radio and my interest piqued as the narrative of high school football was beginning. In the report and discussion, it was stated that a study was done on high school football players that over the course of just one year, there had been damage to the brain of a high percentage of players throughout the course of a single season. This was quite eye-opening because I always figured that it took collective years to see significant damage and violent pro football-type hits to create the damage necessary to have cognitive results. I guess, or maybe simply should say I was wrong to have a timeframe in my mind. Then on Monday, I was reading USA Today and on page 3 of the sports is a story of Kosta Karageorge, who was an Ohio State football player who took his life at age 22. He was a walk-on and knowing what I know about walk-ons in Division 1 football, he was a demonstration player which means he did a lot of hitting. Both educations to me, one auditory and one visual reading, got me thinking about concussions and football; that something is really wrong here but what to do I am embarrassed to say I really dont know. Sometimes I think that some people through genetics unfortunately just have a type of brain that absorbs the punishment more than rejects it. Having only the basics in brain physiology at university, I have no real idea, more of a theory but when you think of someone at 22 who had a concussion history doing what he did and a report about the effects of high school football, it does make your mind search for answers. I had three bad concussions dduring my college and pro career and remember the details of all three. Borja Mayoral Real Madrid Jersey. And like many who have played football, Ive had many subtle moments of disorientation after unavoidable shots to the head. Fortunately, I feel fine and I think that is an issue because when you feel fine, you lose that ability to deeply relate. I have said if I had a son, I would hesitate to let him play football and this is from a person who has an occupation to promote the game. But I cant say with conviction that I would if I had. I know two players that are different after their careers and, out of respect, would never highlight them. And I wonder if there are others out there that I dont know about that live in quiet desperation. Are my perceptions changing about football? Yes, they are; not is a dramatic way but more in a way of conclusive awareness of a price you may pay. And I say may because there are also many football players who have been retired for many years like me that have no problems. Concussions in sports are still in a grey area but a grey area just through repetition does not paint a positive future. Maybe it is the study of genetics and mans mastery of that knowledge base that could perceive the future and keep people safe that are suspect before they play. I will be the first one to put football in its proper place. It is a sport and only a sport. Good things happen out of it but the sport has little significance to what is important. Yet people pay a price later in life for action taken in the youth of life. I wonder if were all in denial and 30 seconds later. I wonder if it is a slight overeaction because health care is better than ever. But what really bothers me is I wonder why I have no idea what to say or conclude anymore. It is not that I am numb, more confused. Cheap Jerseys 2019 China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL White Jerseys China NFL Gear ' ' '