Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE MANDALORIAN (a live action Star Wars series)
STAR WARS meets GAME OF THRONES. It's set after the fall of the Empire with various factions vying for control of Mandalore. The first season of ten episodes will have a budget of around 100 million.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/08/rumor...he-empire/

Will we finally see Sabine Wren, the rest of the STAR WARS REBELS crew and Ahsoka Tano in live action? A post-Sarlacc Boba Fett redemption arc? Sebastian Stan as Luke Skywalker? Discuss!
This will never happen.
home taping is killing music
Star Wars on TV just seems so un-Star Wars.
I hope it's in 4:3, like the Star Wars I grew up with on TV.
(08-07-2018, 03:08 PM)bradito Wrote: Star Wars on TV just seems so un-Star Wars.

Clone Wars was good bro. I couldn't get into Rebels however.
Git' in under mah belly!
More Star Wars = less Star Wars.

No more Wars!!!
(08-10-2018, 08:07 AM)Stale Elvis Wrote: More Star Wars = less Star Wars.

"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

Word on the HoloNet is that the first season of the series, codenamed HUCKLEBERRY, is only eight episodes, two of which Dave Filoni is directing. Werner Herzog might be involved somehow.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/a-set...on-series/

Pedro Pascal is rumored to play one of the leads.

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/10/has-g...on-series/
From Jon Favreau's Instagram:

[Image: 42488464_1618164511818424_5751883601616293716_n.jpg]
Let new directors play in the Star Wars sandbox, we said...

It'll be FUN, we said...
This COULD be fun.

Anything COULD be fun...
No. If it's fatiguing just HEARING about it... then no.
Just look at all that giving a shit noone is doing.
(10-04-2018, 01:52 AM)bailey Wrote: Let new directors play in the Star Wars sandbox, we said...

It'll be FUN, we said...

[Image: C1hncLzWgAAAuEz.jpg]

That being said I'll probably watch this.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I THINK Barry might be giving a shit. That or he's short circuiting.
I don't understand you people.

Since this whole Disney shebang had kicked off people begging for a SW western riff has been one of the biggest constant demands.

Now we are literally getting exactly that and it's a problem all of a sudden?

I don't fucking understand you people.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
(10-04-2018, 02:48 AM)Codename Wrote: I don't understand you people.

Since this whole Disney shebang had kicked off people begging for a SW western riff has been one of the biggest constant demands.

Now we are literally getting exactly that and it's a problem all of a sudden?

I don't fucking understand you people.

Hence the tone of my posts.  A couple years ago, I expected to be excited too...
Forget it Codey, it's Trouble City-town.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
That's a good point.

Way back when I was just a naive young Free Man, The Force Awakens was an idea brimming with potential. Rogue One was a FANTASTIC idea. The Last Jedi was such a sound idea in theory and concept. Solo had potential to be something interesting.

You can only witness bungled execution or half realized potential for so long before you understandably lose faith in them hitting these concepts out of the park.

This show will be a big "eh."
Hah, you naive whippersnappers. It was obvious from the get-go that the Official Disney Wars Sausage Factory would be one endless exercise in demonstrating the "Be Careful What You Wish For" principle.
Why? Because of JJ? Because of the turmoil reports?
Because every reason. Because, before JJ was ever announced, before any films were actually technically in production, the absolute first God-damned thing they wanted us to know about Disney Wars was that there would be one per year. One what? Who cares!? It's all fungible product, right? Because that is what you want to hear when you're an alien lizard-person whose only concern is bleeding the fleshy Earth-persons of their monetary units in as calculated and efficient a manner as possible - and if that requires promising people what they thought they wanted, they'll do that, or if it requires promising to upset the applecart that should never have been parked there in the first place, they'll do that instead. What does that mean for the story? Who cares!? Story's no good in this arena - only money counts.
If their battering average was closer to Marvels(70-80 percent hit vs miss) would we care?
There's nothing wrong with making one, or even multiples a year of something. There's nothing wrong with entertainment as product. Everything has a shelf life, though. Star Wars' shelf life was much shorter than many of us anticipated it would be. Part of that is because the novelty of it was ebbed away over the years through countless other merchandise and games before we ever even got more films. Another aspect is there isn't a bunch of decent source material to draw from; the EU isn't Marvel comics. Ultimately the Star Wars universe just isn't as expansive and interesting as we once thought it could be.
It COULD be that expansive and interesting! Just... Make it that.

Once again it all comes down to the failures of creative to take advantage of a fairly blank slate universe.
By that rationale anything could be anything. A My Little Pony movie could be the greatest movie ever made. The fact is, it's NOT. A blank slate universe is not a universe. It's a blank slate.
A blank slate with lightsabers.
"Disney is developing multiple live-action Star Wars TV series for its upcoming streaming service, which is designed to rival Netflix. The platform will be the exclusive home for Marvel feature films and original series as well as Pixar and other Lucasfilm properties. So far, only Favreau's involvement in one of the Star Wars TV series has been revealed."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...ed-1149194

I reckon we might see some of those A STAR WARS STORY films that were put on hold turned into limited series.
I think Dana Schwartz said it best:

"So it's Firefly."
home taping is killing music
It sounds nothing like Firefly!
I've said it before, but the appeal of Star Wars is it mashing up genres. The more Star Wars you get, the more there will be a tendency to drill down on the specific aspects of Star Wars. So Rogue One is a "war movie," Solo is a "Western" (a "train robbery" Western, as opposed to the "Spaghetti Western" that the Mandalorian will be).

People demanding Obi-Wan just be a samurai movie and Jabba the Hutt just be a gangster movie seem to be missing the point that the appeal of Star Wars has always been these different genres butting up against each other and cross-pollinating.

Sure the idea of a Rogue Squadron movie being Top Gun but set in the Galaxy Far, Far Away seems appealing on the surface. But I think it misses the point of what makes Star Wars unique.

Eh, here comes Barry with the copy and pasting.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop

Directors: Dave Filoni, Rick Famuyiwa, Deborah Chow, Bryce Dallas Howard, and TAIKA GODDAMN WAITITI.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

Well, my interest in this just skyrocketed.
Of course Taika would jump at the chance to do Star Wars. The man loves this stuff.

Oh and that picture? HELL FUCK YEAH!

Sucks to be you ya cynical bastards!

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
We can wait, Fett. We can wait.

And a year from now, when you're staring at the floor, sadly shaking your head and murmuring to yourself, "how could they have fucked that up...?"

We'll be laughing.