Poll: 8k?
This poll is closed.
Hell yes! I need the pixels
14.29%
1 14.29%
Aww maybe in time...need to return some video tape.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Nope. Never.
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Semi-Official 8K Thread!
Holy shit really?! Can't wait for my iPhone to have it. I need the pixels! Can the human eye see anything better than 4K at a reasonable distance?

https://www.cnet.com/news/8k-tv-what-you-need-to-know/
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
I'll pass. The leap that I'm gonna take out of 4k will involve direct input of visual stimuli into my brain.
I....what? Already?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
8K discs? Or TVs? Or what? What is this referring to?
TVs!!!!!!!!!!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Well I named the thread kinda vague to allow discussion of all that is 8K...kinda like that moron did for the 4K thread.
How will it look on my ZT60?

8K?

That's for peasants.
The increase of "nit" power from 2000ish to 4000ish that the Samsung QLED is bringing to the table is arguably a much more significant leap than 4k to 8k. I imagine they can only do this by having a nuclear powered backlight.

This thing is going to cost 15-20k.
[Image: latest?cb=20130405010724]
I can see from the actor's complexion that his last few meals were fairly greasy. And he also might be coming down with the flu. Looking kinda clammy..