Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE FRONT RUNNER - Pre-Release Thread
Holy cow...this looks pretty great.

I remember when all of this played out in 1988.  This should be pretty wild.

And this is one of the best movie posters that I've seen:
[Image: The_Front_Runner_Poster_1200_1779_81_s.jpg]
Gary Hart is one of those pivotal moments in American politics that everyone under the age of 35 has forgotten about.

Here for it.

If you're interested in this, there have been some great books written about it recently, including the one by Matt Bai this is based on. My personal favorite, though, is Jeff Greenfield's THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED, where Hart runs for, and wins, in 1980 - only to get caught up in a Clinton-like sex scandal.

Like John Edwards, Gary Hart is one of those figures where you look and wonder at once "what could have been?" and "thank god we didn't."
home taping is killing music
looks fun!
I get the sense that this may be Jackman's shot at 'best actor'. He looks to be really going for it here, and I mean that in a good way.
He's already been nominated once.

This is not going to be his year, even if he is nominated. It's too tough a field and there are at least three guys I'd put ahead of him.
Getting solid reviews but I won't be able to watch this movie without thinking about the very on-point moral bristling from Chaw in his take. Seems like The Front Runner is either very confused or very wrong-headed about what it's trying to say...

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2018...unner.html
the empire never ended
(09-03-2018, 08:10 AM)wasp Wrote: Getting solid reviews but I won't be able to watch this movie without thinking about the very on-point moral bristling from Chaw in his take. Seems like The Front Runner is either very confused or very wrong-headed about what it's trying to say...

http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2018...r.htmlwith Reitman at the helm.  
With a schmuck like Reitman, gotta expect this.

Nah, Reitman's pretty good. Uneven, but good.

That Walter Chaw review seems...bitter.
The genius who trashed The Insider? He’s a privileged yutz in that rich, pseudo-liberal Canadian fashion.

I hope people like it, but it sure won’t get my $15.

Why am I so thoroughly unsurprised that it comes down to him saying something mean about Michael Mann?
WHO TRASHED THE INSIDER?????

(all I found was reitman saying that he wouldn't make The Insider, but something like Thank You For Smoking, because that's just what he's drawn to. doesn't seem like he was trashing anything)