Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your obscure quote/inside jokes
So we all have quotes that everyone knows, but do you have something just a little more obscure?

Example:
Trading Places
"Is that your purse? That's a nice purse."
I say that to my wife when looking for her purse. Most people look at us pondering where its from, but we know...we know.

Arrested Development
"Perhaps I may borrow your cellular telephone?"
I do this at work with the other AD fan at work. (It also helps I work with telephones so I can use this one quite a bit)

Back to the Future
"Maaaayor!" (shakes finger)
Just the brother and I. No reason. Just randomly say it. Usually alcohol is involved. We watched Back to the Future recently and when that scene popped up, we just looked at each and started laughing.

The Dark Knight
"Hmm" (licks lips)
It's less known if I say that with lip smack, quoting Heath. Best part when I did it once (okay this horrible), we were talking about sleep meds.
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
'I wish she'd/you'd stop telling it at dinner parties'
THE REF
The wife and I use this whenever one of us asks 'What do you think?'

We get mileage out of other lines from the movie as well.  It's one of the movies that we both know by heart and can instantly riff on with each other for inside joking.  'It's just a garnish' comes up often.

'Peter Lemonejello?   Your house is on fire.'
FLETCH LIVES
I use this amongst my friends as a greeting sometimes.  They've all seen it so we get the joke.

'My dear brother Numseh!'
THE GOLDEN CHILD
Similar to the FLETCH LIVES quote amongst my friends.
My 10 year old son and I quote KUNG POW to each other all the time.

"Take a good look, cuz I rule baby!"
"Geez, now the snorting starts."
"That's a lotta nuts!"
"What do you get when you cross an owl w/ a bungee cord... MY ASS" "HAHAAAHAAA..." "ENOUGH!!"

Yeah, I've succeeded as a dad.
The most important thing in life is broads. Broads!
Whenever I hear the name Joe - and especially if I'm with one of my daughters - I always say "Joe? Joe.....Banks?"

Almost no one ever gets that. (Joe vs the Volcano.)

I think of a shit-ton of FRIENDS quotes almost every day because I know the first few seasons to a degree that's sort of embarrassing.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(08-30-2018, 01:56 PM)MichaelM Wrote: I think of a shit-ton of FRIENDS quotes almost every day because I know the first few seasons to a degree that's sort of embarrassing.

Are you my hand twin?
"bees are on the what now?"

when I'm confused by something
Exact same reason as your first, but less obscure, "I DON'T KNOW YOU! THAT'S MY PURSE!"

Same show, "We came to the opening of a doghouse!"
(08-30-2018, 01:56 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Whenever I hear the name Joe - and especially if I'm with one of my daughters - I always say "Joe? Joe.....Banks?"

If I ever encounter you in real life, I'd respond with "belly kamu mambassa!"  Or whatever the hell it is Nathan Lane says.

ETA, same movie. "May you live to be a thousand years old, sir."

In college, we used to poke fun at Anakin's, "Will I ever see you again?" line from Phantom Menace, when someone was doing something mundane, like getting more soda at lunch.
Two of these I have with my dad:
"Neeeever heard of it." ala Donald Sutherland in The Dirty Dozen, when one of us hears the name of an unfamiliar place or thing.

The other, going back to when I was a kid, is pronouncing the word "nuts" the way Roy Kinnear does in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
I regularly use "Vector Sigma" (from Transformers G1) as a substitute obscenity at work. No one gets it.
Raising Arizona:

"Well, it ain't Ozzie & Harriet."

More infrequently, when approaching a friend who's basically asleep at their desk:

"Wake up son. I'll be taking these Huggies an' whatever cash you got."
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
There's a CHRISTMAS STORY inside joke between several of my cousins that usually involves one of us deliberately mispronouncing a fairly common word, to which another will reply, "That must be Italian."
If we can dream it, then we can do it.