Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
THE PREDATOR Post Release Thread
Literally showing the whole movie from start to finish really would be the most accurate thing to do.

I almost got in a fist fight with someone who said that The Predator is better than The Last Jedi. I thought he was trolling but this idiot was serious..
Still not on discord.
(01-22-2019, 03:48 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Literally showing the whole movie from start to finish really would be the most accurate thing to do.

I almost got in a fist fight with someone who said that The Predator is better than The Last Jedi. I thought he was trolling but this idiot was serious..

Unless there is a douchebag reasoning nehind his opinion (say, misogyny), that guy is an idiot.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Attack of the Clones is about 100,000 times better than The Predator. Let alone The Last Jedi.

Hell....the Star Wars Holiday Special is better than The Predator. And I'm not even trying to be hyperbolic. Even if you hate Disney's Star Wars movies, I cannot IMAGINE what would make someone think that. The Predator is merely the wreckage of a bad idea for a film. It's nothing. It's the movie equivalent of having your finger go through the toilet paper..
Still not on discord.
(01-22-2019, 03:55 PM)wThe Freeman Wrote: Still not on discord.

I'm doing it now just to annoy you ;P
Still not.

Between this and CinemaSins, I never have to actually watch the movie itself.

Git' in under mah belly!
Normally, I'm an advocate for seeing a film no matter what because hey, who knows, it might work for you (or me). Fuck a tomatometer. If I'd listened to the critics on Bayformers and the Hobbits and tons of other stuff, I'd have deprived myself of a bunch of movies that I really enjoyed.

But with The Predator....I can honestly say that there's about a 99.9999999% chance you'll be happier if you just never watch the fucking thing and forget it exists..
Watching the reviews and the thing that strikes me as the biggest hack-job is the subtitles.  They gave dialogue to the Predators.  It's as goofy to me as that time Godzilla talked with Anguiris.
That is so not even close to being in the ballpark of the worst this thing has for you..
(01-27-2019, 03:06 AM)JMurdoch Wrote:  It's as goofy to me as that time Godzilla talked with Anguiris.

Careful. There are a good number of folks in these parts who really love silly Godzilla.

(Spoiler: I am not one of them.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
True story: Godzilla vs Gigan was the first Godzilla movie I ever saw (Dad got me the VHS along with some Three Stooges tapes for my seventh birthday) so I kind of love Godzilla and Anguirus's fucked up voices.

Also true story: I have yet to see The Predator and based on some of the comments here, I'm not sure if I ever will.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
[Image: qJO5C8w.gif]
Clark Gregg will always be the Cuddler Rapist to me.
"PREDATOR DAY?"
I mean, sure, okay... But someone needs to rethink that name.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/295639...dator-day/