Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"South Park" - Season 22
Yeah, this was pretty great. The music was the highlight for me. Top notch songs.

The reporter had the best lines.

"If you pay for shipping, can you send yourself anywhere?"
Gamertag: Tweakee
Eh, still not feeling this season.
Bizarre timing:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...CMP=twt_gu

Quote:Twenty-four employees at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey were taken to hospital after a robot accidentally punctured a can of bear repellant.

The 255g can containing concentrated capsaicin, a compound in chilli peppers, was punctured by an automated machine after it fell off a shelf, according to local media.

The incident happened on Wednesday at a warehouse in Robbinsville, New Jersey, on the outskirts of Trenton.

Hate lugging cat litter? Don't make us Amazon warehouse workers do it 

Amazon said: “All of the impacted employees have been or are expected to be released from hospital within the next 24 hours. The safety of our employees is always our top priority and a full investigation is already under way.”
They didn’t quite stick the landing but it was pretty good. The Santa scene was fantastic.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
I dunno if we need a new thread for each season, so here's this...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...re-1242849

Quote:In a short preview for the episode titled "Mexican Joker," ICE enters the Broflovski home and arrests the parents for harboring an illegal immigrant, likely Kyle's adopted brother Ike, who is Canadian.

"In the pilot episode of the new hit series, Tegridy Farms, Randy battles home-grown weed and comes to terms with the fact that he might be a towel. Meanwhile, Kyle goes to camp,"

The two revealed that they had a plethora of ideas that have been collected in notes throughout the year. Stone jotted on his phone, whereas Parker did voice memos in character, most of them as Cartman. 
Premiere was good, not great. The ICE stuff was a little to easy. Randy is still the best.
How Cartman ended up detained busted me up.

And Kyle's plan was awesome as well.

It's just rough subject matter. So I got a few good laughs, but it's just hard to feel anger, shame and humor at the same time.
Way better than last week. I mean, Randy killed Pooh and Fingerbang returned.
Wow, that was a pretty amazing episode.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
I never thought I'd hear a Dying Fetus song in a "South Park" episode.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s...de-1245783

Within a week ALL trace of South Park was deleted from the Chinese internet. That is pretty fucking impressive.
(10-07-2019, 02:28 PM)Evi Wrote: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s...de-1245783

Within a week ALL trace of South Park was deleted from the Chinese internet. That is pretty fucking impressive.
WOW. When the NBA threw Daryl Morey under the bus to please their Chinese overlords, I immediately thought of that episode.

Parker and Stone issued an "apology":

Quote:"Official apology to China from Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

'Like the NBA, we welcome the Chinese censors into our homes and into our hearts. We too love money more than freedom and democracy. Xi doesn't look just like Winnie the Pooh at all. Tune into our 300th episode this Wednesday at 10! Long live the Great Communist Party of China! May this autumn's sorghum harvest be bountiful! We good now China?'"
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
That's pretty awesome.
“This is brought to you by Voices for Vaccines...and Chevy.”

I don’t get the ending. What am I missing.
The very ending? Sharon became artistic. I doubled over at that.
Ahhhh...I get it now. Because they kept mispronouncing Autistic.
I thought this episode was kind of...eh? I think it depends on how much you laugh at Cartman as a greased pig, but it didn't really work for me.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
I did like Cartman suggesting that vaccines cause blackness. Pretty perfectly summed up the ridiculousness of the anti-vaccination people.

Also, last week's episode has been played on public screens to a mass audience in Hong Kong. I have to imagine that, "Fuck the Chinese government" will play even better.

It is pretty sad that a cartoon has been the strongest voice for freedom and democracy coming from the US in the face of an oppressive regime. Watching pathetic US companies prostrate themselves to China makes my purchasing decisions a lot easier.
People saying that vaccines can make people "artistic" was a pretty limp joke, but I laughed pretty hard at Jimbo commenting that "well, there are enough artists around" in the meeting. It's perfectly in keeping with his character to hate on liberals and "elites" and whatnot, but something about the lack of anger in the delivery, like he was just commenting on the weather, really tickled me.
(10-10-2019, 05:49 PM)Mangy Wrote: I thought this episode was kind of...eh? I think it depends on how much you laugh at Cartman as a greased pig, but it didn't really work for me.

It was kind of funny the first time. After that...eh.
Zedd liked a "South Park" tweet that celebrated the show's 300th episode, and now he's banned from China:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/12/dj-zedd-...tweet.html

Quote:Zedd, a high-profile DJ and music producer, has been permanently banned from China for liking a tweet from “South Park’s” official account.

On Friday, Zedd tweeted about the ban, and CNBC verified the claim with his publicist on Saturday.

“This is true, yes, but we don’t have anymore info to give you at this time,” Adam Guest, senior entertainment publicist at U.K.-based SATELLITE414 agency, told CNBC. It’s unclear at the moment whether this means that Zedd has a travel ban to China. As of Saturday, his music was still available on Chinese music streaming site QQ Music. 

“South Park” stirred up controversy in the world’s second-largest economy with an episode called “Band in China” which pokes fun at the country’s strict censorship regime and ridicules American firms doing business there.

Beijing responded by heavily censoring content related to “South Park” on search engines like Baidu and other online services.

The tweet that Zedd liked on Twitter was one celebrating “South Park’s” 300th episode.
They got that dig in at LeBron pretty quick. Randy and Towlie murdering the vows was great.
Yeah I know I shouldn't have been laughing at the cow scene but I couldn't help it. It was one of the most twisted scenes South Park's ever done.
The bit from the video was great too, with Randy flashing the cow, then shooting it.
I like Randy's go-to response to anything negative being a calm, "Well, fuck you."

Cartman being in favor of the vegan food because it's heavily processed garbage was a nice little twist.
Taking on China doesn't seem to be hurting South Park Studios' bottom line too badly... their next streaming deal is expected to fetch >$500M...
I don't think I laughed once during last night's episode.
I laughed at PC Principal. That’s it.

Just a terrible episode.
I laughed at Randy and Towelie running from Pooh and the cows, then the reveal that they were just super-high. But no, this was far from their best Halloween effort.

SP generally saves their best theme eps for Xmas anyways.
This is still on?
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Don't be that guy.
(11-01-2019, 10:04 PM)headless fett Wrote: This is still on?
It's 2019 and fett thinks the most boring, hacky Internet comment of them all is clever and good. Brutal. I look forward to fett typing "More like Saturday Night DEAD" in 2046.
(11-02-2019, 09:44 AM)Mangy Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 10:04 PM)headless fett Wrote: This is still on?
It's 2019 and fett thinks the most boring, hacky Internet comment of them all is clever and good. 

Just like people thinking that South Park is actually clever satire and not mean spirited. Therefore it only deserves the hackiest and most uninspired commentary.

SP is not a hill anyone should ever want to die on.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
South Park is mean-spirited, and also clever satire.

(He said, to the guy who thinks harshing people’s buzz about comic book movies on the internet is the height of comedy)
(11-02-2019, 07:59 PM)schwartz Wrote: South Park is mean-spirited, and also clever satire.

(He said, to the guy who thinks harshing people’s buzz about comic book movies on the internet is the height of comedy)

Not unlike people harshing people's buzz about [INSERT POPULAR FRANCHISE HERE] online forever. Besides, I haven't done that for awhile in case anyone actually noticed but still harbor some kind of resentment over someone criticizing a multibillion dollar corporation's product. 

As for SP, if you want to call it clever then that's your right. I just happen to disagree.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.