Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Night Live - Season 44
Disagree on Teen Movie Review. Gardner's expressions and body language are amazing.

Cecily Strong's Susan Collins was extraordinary.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(05-12-2019, 03:52 PM)hammerhead Wrote: Disagree on Teen Movie Review. Gardner's expressions and body language are amazing.

Cecily Strong's Susan Collins was extraordinary.

Yeah, Collins was strong. But Bennett’s McConnell was almost too cartoony.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Agreed on Cecily's Collins, and they went the obvious turtle route with Mitch in the open, especially with the lettuce.  But the weekend update joke of, "Mitch McConnell, who always looks like a man watching you slowly drown." killed me.
I completely missed that the lettuce was a turtle joke,
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
The Emma Thompson episode was an odd duck. She was obviously super game, and they actually had some clever sketches, but weirdly would kind of cut them off just when they were building to something. The Leslie Jones etiquette sketch was sharp ("I'm Meghan's third cousin Shante Thomas of the Compton Thomases. Now show me where the baby at.") brilliant hilarious physical comedy, but they were a beat or two away from having it pay off big. That happened all nite.

Controversial Viewpoint: Che is the funniest guy behind the update desk since Norm. Yes, you can be an asshole and still be funny.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Props to Rudd for not breaking when McKinnon started climbing all over him in the time travel sketch.

The “jokes we’ve never seen” bit in update is always good. But the rest of the episode stunk.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
(05-13-2019, 05:10 AM)Fat Elvis Wrote: Controversial Viewpoint: Che is the funniest guy behind the update desk since Norm. Yes, you can be an asshole and still be funny.

Counterpoint-Che sucks and this is one of the worst Update teams on record
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Agreed on the joke-trading-on-update bit. I also liked the weird slumber-party sketch, and that Villasenor kept her demon makeup on for the goodnights. But the rest of the ep was indeed a dud.