Radiohead, 
Rage Against the Machine, 
Roxy Music, 
Stevie Nicks, 
the Cure, 
Todd Rundgren, 
Rufus & Chaka Kahn
the Zombies

About effing time on The Cure.  Hard to believe that this is the fourth time for Kraftwerk; they should have been in there ages ago.

you can vote for your choices here: https://www.rockhall.com/fanvote/
Chaka Khan isn't in yet?

That needs to be rectified.

Janet and Stevie deserve it as well.
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
How great would it be to see Devo get inducted? Their performance would be one for the ages.
MC5, again.

[sigh]

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Which of the eight billion things Todd Rundgren has been involved with would he get in for?
(10-09-2018, 11:24 AM)Neil Spurn Wrote: MC5, again.

[sigh]

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Same with Kraftwerk and LL Cool J, it seems.  They've both been nominees 4-5 times each.

(10-09-2018, 11:27 AM)commodorejohn Wrote: Which of the eight billion things Todd Rundgren has been involved with would he get in for?

Definitely this:

But- but... I only care about MC5.

Okay, that’s not entirely true. Both Kraftwerk and LL are mighty talented. But at this rate, Taylor Swift will get in before MC5.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Def Leppard, 
Devo, 
Janet Jackson, 
John Prine, 
Kraftwerk, 
LL Cool J, 
MC5,  
Radiohead, 
Rage Against the Machine, 
Roxy Music, 
Stevie Nicks, 
the Cure, 
Todd Rundgren, 
Rufus & Chaka Kahn
the Zombies

The emboldened ones should be 'no-brainers.

MC5 and Kraftwerk should have been inducted years ago.
Rundgren should get in for the amount of production work alone.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson
I could absolutely live with that list, VTRan.
Another year that Warren Zevon doesn't even make the nominee list! I was thinking since it's been 15 years since his death, this might be the year. Nope!

(Also, Jim Steinman once again gets screwed in the non-performer category.)

Kind of interesting that none of the nominees this year is on their first year of eligibility. Artists who came up this year included Aimee Mann, Blink-182, Counting Crows, Fugees, Jeff Buckley, Outkast, Liz Phair, The Roots, Sheryl Crow, Snoop Dogg, and the Dave Matthews Band. I'm very surprised Counting Crows, Outkast, and DMB didn't make the ballot.

Anyway, it feels like this is Radiohead's year - they didn't make the final five last year, and as perhaps the biggest band of the post-grunge era, they're due to get in sooner rather than later. Same with LL Cool J - he's been nominated five times before, but hasn't made the final five. Maybe this is his year.

Janet Jackson, The Cure, Roxy Music, and Stevie Nicks, among them, have basically set the template for contemporary rock and pop since they emerged. You could also add Devo and Kraftwerk (also nominated 5 times) to that list. It's a really strong year.

The Cure/Devo/Roxy/Kraftwerk all occupy the same sort of intellectual space in terms of the narrative of rock, so I think you're only going to see one of them represented. This is crazilly Devo's first year nominated, which might be enough to put them over the edge.

Nicks getting in would make her the first female artist to be inducted twice, once by herself and once with a band.

I wonder if Def Leppard making the short list shortly after Bon Jovi finally gets in means that Jan Wenner's influence and grip over the Hall has loosened quite a bit, as he is notoriously anti hair/pop metal. Still, I don't think they get on their first year.

John Prine, I adore, but that feels like a case where the nomination is the win.

Zombies are fucking great, but they've been nominated four times already and unless Little Steven is doing some hardcore campaigning behind the scenes, I doubt this will be their year (pun intended).

My final five:
Stevie Nicks
Janet Jackson
Radiohead
Devo
Kraftwerk

Dark Horses: Prine, Rage, LL, Roxy
home taping is killing music
Are they just going to change their name to the music hall of fame? It's a tired dead argument (just like the genre ooooooohhh) but c'mon Janet Jackson?