Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
SUICIDE SQUAD II: (James Gunn, 20??), brought to you in glorious Technicolor by Boone
https://io9.gizmodo.com/james-gunn-is-go...9110300052
home taping is killing music
So nothing official or confirmed then.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I like Gunn but such a bizarre choice for him to take over the franchise that tried to ape his style. I figured he'd do Justice League Dark or something else that could make better use of his horror skills.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
This would be way way more exciting if they didn't already try it and fall right on their dumb faces.
"Make it like one of your Guardians films because we want that mad nerd dough!"

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
If it happens, it would make me more excited for SS2 than GotG3. A year ago, I would've said the odds of that would be about zero.
Gamertag: Tweakee
Suicide Squad 2
dir. James Guun

Terrence Howard - Deadshot
Natalie Portman - Harley Quinn
Ed Norton - The Joker
Mickey Rourke - Killer Croc
Dave Bautista - Bane
(10-09-2018, 03:38 PM)Evi Wrote: I like Gunn but such a bizarre choice for him to take over the franchise that tried to ape his style. I figured he'd do Justice League Dark or something else that could make better use of his horror skills.

Why does "over-reliance on pixel war finales," "godawful CGI divorced from physics," or "self-indulgent humor" make you think of Justice League Dark?
(10-09-2018, 04:33 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(10-09-2018, 03:38 PM)Evi Wrote: I like Gunn but such a bizarre choice for him to take over the franchise that tried to ape his style. I figured he'd do Justice League Dark or something else that could make better use of his horror skills.

Why does "over-reliance on pixel war finales," "godawful CGI divorced from physics," or "self-indulgent humor" make you think of Justice League Dark?

Is it, though?
I love the Batista as Bane idea. That makes me wish this was Secret Six instead of Suicide Squad. It has a more eccentric reluctant family ala Guardians instead of the traditional Suicide Squad. Vandal Savage's daughter Cheshire, her girlfriend Knockout, Cheshire, Ragdoll, Bane, Catman, Mad Hatter, Harley, and Deadshot have been in there, and they even had a loveable Parademon member/mascot at one point.

The arc where they (and tons of other villains) are after a literal 'get out of hell free' card from Neron would be ideal.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
(10-09-2018, 04:40 PM)superlaser Wrote: I love the Batista as Bane idea.  That makes me wish this was Secret Six instead of Suicide Squad.  It has a more eccentric reluctant family ala Guardians instead of the traditional Suicide Squad.  Vandal Savage's daughter Cheshire, her girlfriend Knockout, Cheshire, Ragdoll, Bane, Catman, Mad Hatter, Harley, and Deadshot have been in there, and they even had a loveable Parademon member/mascot at one point.  

The arc where they (and tons of other villains) are after a literal 'get out of hell free' card from Neron would be ideal.

Dave Bautista would be a great choice to play Bane.
Dave Bautista as Batman.
Dave Bautista in a role written specifically to his strengths that creates a new iconic character not tied to any pre-existing IP.
Can we get a prop bet on pedo jokes in this?

Since they rebooting hope we get shark guy and Killer Frost. Maybe Brad Pitt as Catman? Divorce aint cheap and he's in WWZ so his standards are already low.
(10-09-2018, 04:47 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Dave Bautista in a role written specifically to his strengths that creates a new iconic character not tied to any pre-existing IP.

Dave Bautista as "Not Drax," a new and entirely original character who every few minutes makes sure to remind us that he is, in fact, not Drax.
Dave Bautista as Harley Quinn.
(10-09-2018, 04:49 PM)Munson Wrote: Maybe Brad Pitt as Catman? 

We just saw him playing a superpowered character in Deadpool 2.  He's going to take on another such role already?  I would think he'd be afraid of audience confusion.
Color me surprised....and cautiously optimistic. The first SS is a hot mess although I still have a soft spot for Princess Shimmy-Shimmy. I think the two animated SS films do a much better job with the premise (Hell to Pay also has one of the coolest MacGuffins I've seen in a movie, superhero or otherwise). However, if anyone can save the live-action franchise, it's Gunn. Just don't let a trailer company edit your fucking movie.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
(10-09-2018, 05:40 PM)hp pufncraft Wrote: Color me surprised....and cautiously optimistic. The first SS is a hot mess although I still have a soft spot for Princess Shimmy-Shimmy. I think the two animated SS films do a much better job with the premise (Hell to Pay also has one of the coolest MacGuffins I've seen in a movie, superhero or otherwise). However, if anyone can save the live-action franchise, it's Gunn. Just don't let a trailer company edit your fucking movie.

Hell To Pay actually steals that macguffin and most of its plot from a Secret Six comic book storyline that is way cooler and darker in the comics.
Just have Gunn replace most of the SS (those initials are kinda funny given how Gunn ended up in this movie) cast and bring in Catman, Bane, Scandal, Ragdoll and the rest.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(10-09-2018, 04:56 PM)commodorejohn Wrote: Dave Bautista as Harley Quinn.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
This feels like a troll move by WB to stick it to Disney & Marvel by hiring James Gunn, who was fired by Alan Horn (the former president of WB). But hey, that decision was stupid so it didn't take long before Gunn is signed to another huge blockbuster movie franchise.

I'm expecting Disney to hire Zack Snyder any minute now to reverse troll WB.

"Jesus Christ! You've got some problems! First the balls, now my death!" - Daniel Craig

(10-09-2018, 10:16 PM)anger management Wrote: I'm expecting Disney to hire Zack Snyder any minute now to reverse troll WB.

That'd teach 'em!!!
Gamertag: Tweakee
Zack Snyder directing Squadron Supreme would make me squee.
Oh no! If Snyder does a Marvel film, Fett will have to troll practically the entire boards! Poor guy, he can’t be expected to keep up.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(10-10-2018, 12:02 AM)Neil Spurn Wrote: Oh no!  If Snyder does a Marvel film, Fett will have to troll practically the entire boards!  Poor guy, he can’t be expected to keep up.

Marvel Studios is run by people who don't eat paint chips so there's no chance of that ever happening.

Saw Batman v Superman.

That's my review.
Gunn being involved has made me more opened minded about this movie. At least the needle drops will be better.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Yaaaaas. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Suicide Squad is such a cool concept that was squandered in a shitty, shitty movie. Gunn's exactly the type of person to do right by it.

I mean, seriously. It's The Dirty Dozen with Superpowers. How do you fuck that up?!

By being David Ayer it seems...
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
I'm just figuring out who's a good character for Michael Rooker...

Captain Cold mayhaps?
"I mean don't get me wrong fucking the wolf man is impressive but ugh." - Waaaaaaaalt
Michael Rooker as Harley Quinn.
Cosplaying as Mary Poppins.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
"We're not all masters of our souls, Meacham...I learned that on Earth."
As I said in the DC thread, I... really question this ever happening.

Suicide Squad burned audiences. The concept and marketing campaign (plus the live-action debut of Harley Quinn and the curiosity factor for Leto's Joker) brought people in massive numbers... but they left out not exactly wanting more. Warner Brothers knows this. Hence the snail's pace movement on a sequel now two years later to a mega-hit. Normally development would have been accelerated to get a follow-up in theaters in 2-3 years tops. That's telling as fuuuuck.

If Gunn (who himself needs to be careful with his next moves in both his work and obviously his Social Media presence - he would be wise to sever all ties to the latter) wants to play within the realms of the DCEU or whatever it is nowadays, let him do so with his own set of toys just as he did with Guardians of the Galaxy instead of taking over someone else's damaged goods.

Strikes me as yet another DC movie they announce... and nothing ever becomes of it.

The real ending to Big...
It does seem to be along the lines of Ava DuVernay's New Gods, of which there's been exactly zero follow-up.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
If they are basically rebooting he will have a bunch of leeway. I'm sure the sequel was effected by what they wanted to do with Harley. Now that she's in BoP it makes sense to move forward on SS2. Poor Will Smith I guess.

New Gods is a bizarre IP attached to a director coming off a big flop so yeah that probably never happens but a SS2 will happen in some form.
(10-09-2018, 10:16 PM)anger management Wrote: I'm expecting Disney to hire Zack Snyder any minute now to reverse troll WB.

Just troll them right back:

[Image: Squadron-Supreme-Comic-Wallpapers-2.jpg]

Supreme Power: A Zack Snyder directed /Michael Bay produced 250 million budget troll job by Marvel.
Rated R.
Starring Mark Wahlberg as Hyperion, Kanye West as Nighthawk.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
I wonder If someone had already suggested that upthread.