Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Alliance of American Football League
So, yeah. This is on it's way. Got a ticket invite/request today for the Atlanta Legends. Home games are:

Atlanta Legends vs. Birmingham Iron
Sun, Feb 24, 2019 8:00 PM

Atlanta Legends vs. Memphis Express
Sun, Mar 10, 2019 8:00 PM

Atlanta Legends vs. San Antonio Commanders
Sun, Mar 17, 2019 8:00 PM

Atlanta Legends vs. Orlando Apollos
Sat, Mar 23, 2019 8:00 PM 

Atlanta Legends vs. Salt Lake Stallions
Sun, Apr 7, 2019 8:00 PM
Anyone watch?

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
I watched a bit of the 2nd half of the Atlanta/Orlando game and Spurrier is still "throwin the ball around" successfully. And the game that everyone said would have lots of offense (San Diego vs San Antonio) was as exciting as the Super Bowl. It's...interesting. No XP and no kickoffs but they'll kick FGs. The uniforms remind me a bit of NFL Europe. Game play is about like that.

I'm watching the Salt Lake/Arizona game right now. Oh, and Orlando ran the "Orlando/Philly Special" and scored on it in their game.
Seeing the replay judge making a decision live was the only thin remotely interesting here. Football-wise, it's just an inferior product.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
They need to do a better job of advertising this thing, I have no idea when or where its on.
think I saw it on NFL Network
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Apparently Colin K wanted 20 mill to play. Average salary is 225k over 3 seasons
Hope that wasn’t his NFL asking price
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I watched the last few minutes of Atlanta/San Diego after the WWE PPV was over...and they're both wearing home uniforms? I honestly kept getting confused as to who was on what team.
Due to the state of FL not recognizing athletes as "employees", the Orlando Apollos team will have to hold 51% of their practices in Georgia. The league as a whole has not secured an insurance company to cover all of it's players in the event of something happening, and with the weird FL law, they have to go to Georgia (just north of Jax) to practice. Lol.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal...e-spurrier
The first "Onside Conversion" was attempted this weekend (if anyone cares), and completed. Instead of an onside kick, you line up on your own 28 yard line and it's 4th and 12. If you make the conversion, you keep the ball. Possibly shades of things to come for the NFL if they get rid of Kickoffs. And actually, starting everyone at the 25 yard line instead of kicking off has been fine with me. I haven't missed the kickoff in this.

And apparently Trent Richardson has more TDs/Conversions than he does yards in the league. Lol.
Pour one out for the league...