Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR WARS: CASSIAN ANDOR from Tony Gilroy, Dan Gilroy, Beau Willimon & Stephen Schiff
(11-09-2018, 04:40 PM)mike j Wrote: Remember how people were like "Rogue One is a bold film because it killed all the characters! Now they won't have any further adventures and that will cost Disney revenue! That's so brave!"

LOL.

Ahahahahahahaaaa!
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
To be honest I was one of those people that thought the ending of Rogue One was ballsy. At the time there wasn't any talk of a Disney streaming service; so that wasn't an unjustified opinion at the time.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is that I have lost my way. The good news is that I'm way ahead of schedule.
Stephen Schiff (THE AMERICANS) is the showrunner.

https://deadline.com/2018/11/star-wars-s...202511875/
Interesting....

I had virtually zero interest in this show until news broke of Schiff getting on board. A Star Wars spy thriller with the exec producer behind The Americans? Yeah, color me intrigued....
-"You're not going insane - you're going sane in a crazy world!"
-The Tick
It's official, Alan Tudyk is reprising the role of K-2SO!

https://www.starwars.com/news/alan-tudyk...ion-series
I wonder how Spain Solo's story will end!
With a bang, presumably.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
With a Deep Impact homage.
Worth it if Tea Leoni dies again.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I have less than zero interest in Andor as a character, but taken as a blank slate situation a spy show from the Americans guy is very promising. Hell, I'm not going to pretend like Andor doesn't have room to become this beloved SW character. I hope they succeed. Between this and the Mandoralin I'm liking the direction SW is going in. Cool it a smidge on the movies, and then letting their Rogue One and Solo's take the time of a TV show to build and add to the universe and become it's own thing.
A lovely beach vacation with a pretty brunette.
The prequelitis is the thing keeping me from getting as interested in this as I should be given the ties to The Americans. His whole character arc in Rogue One is learning to question his methods. Which means he can't really be questioning them too much in a prequel without 'breaking' Rogue One. So what's his arc then? With a new character, I'd be much more interested.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
"Name?

"Cassian."

"Cassian what?

"...just Cassian."

"Hmm. Anyone with you?

"No, buy myself. Wait. K? K!? Well Maybe and/or... K? No just me."

"Hmm... Cassian... *click/clack* Andor. Approved. Welcome to the Rebellion, son."
Git' in under mah belly!
Well, I guess this is still happening, because Tony Gilroy is now onboard to write and direct multiple episodes: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1184227719577505794
Tony Gilroy saved this show just like he allegedly saved Rogue One. Disney was planning on canceling it until Gilroy stepped in and pitched his take.
Excited for prequels based on the premise "Hey, remember that character you didn't care about very much? Well, here's why you should care!"
(10-15-2019, 09:12 PM)Mangy Wrote: Excited for prequels based on the premise "Hey, remember that character you didn't care about very much? Well, here's why you should care!"

Gilroy's involvement is literally the only thing that has piqued my curiosity since this was announced.

Say what you want about DisneyWars, but from the moment Jyn finds that hologram of her father until the end of the movie I think it's the best Star Wars (by a mile) that we've received since Luke faced the Emperor.

Overlord, I agree! The second half is definitely my favorite of the Disney Star Wars stuff, which is a feat because the character building during the first half is, well, poop. If they had managed to do that, it would have been my favorite since EMPIRE.
(10-18-2019, 03:18 AM)Overlord Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:12 PM)Mangy Wrote: Excited for prequels based on the premise "Hey, remember that character you didn't care about very much? Well, here's why you should care!"

Gilroy's involvement is literally the only thing that has piqued my curiosity since this was announced.

Say what you want about DisneyWars, but from the moment Jyn finds that hologram of her father until the end of the movie I think it's the best Star Wars (by a mile) that we've received since Luke faced the Emperor.

I mean if we're ignoring Serenity and Guardians(they're not titled SW) sure.  

Also little moments in Solo are OK...

Holy shit, is the kind of flawed Rogue One REALLY the best we've fucking got?!  Hahahah omfg.
Rogue One is arguably my favorite Disney Wars movie.
Git' in under mah belly!
(10-18-2019, 08:19 AM)freeman Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 03:18 AM)Overlord Wrote:

I mean if we're ignoring Serenity and Guardians(they're not titled SW) sure.  

Also little moments in Solo are OK...

Holy shit, is the kind of flawed Rogue One REALLY the best we've fucking got?!  Hahahah omfg.

Yeah, I think it's the best we got.  And that first half is pretty flawed, primarily because of the super strange decision to have the audience know about Galen before Jyn ... they should have left that a surprise.  Instead, it feels like it takes 45 minutes for Jyn to learn the plot of the movie.  

And I like Solo more than TFA and TLJ at this point (TLJ has demolished TFA and rendered much of it either irrelevant or confusing).  

(10-18-2019, 01:03 PM)cd underbelly Wrote: Rogue One is arguably my favorite Disney Wars movie.

It is your favorite.  Stop arguing with yourself.

In no particular order:

ROGUE ONE
THE FORCE AWAKENS
SOLO
THE LAST JEDI
Don't fool yourself Overlord, TFA was confusing and irrelevant all by itself.
(10-18-2019, 02:32 PM)barry woodward Wrote: In no particular order:

ROGUE ONE
THE FORCE AWAKENS
SOLO
THE LAST JEDI

But that is in fact, the correct order.
How do you rank stuff "in no particular order"?

You remain a mystery, Barry.
The third act of ROGUE ONE is virtually flawless. More, please.
(10-18-2019, 01:29 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:03 PM)cd underbelly Wrote: Rogue One is arguably my favorite Disney Wars movie.

But I really like TFA and SOLO too.
Git' in under mah belly!
(10-19-2019, 12:55 PM)cd underbelly Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 01:29 PM)Overlord Wrote:

But I really like TFA and SOLO too.

I really liked TFA when it came out. 

It's very difficult to take a lot of it seriously now.

you took forwakens seriously to begin with???

(wiggles little legs)
I don't mind TFA being an in-canoon reboot of ANH. It's comfortable, and feeling comfortable makes me happy. It did just enough new and different things to not be boring.

About the only real criticism I have of the movie is that there were no new ships, or more specifically fighter craft, or even a sprinkling of other standard craft, so the dogfighting scenes were a bit stale with nothing but basic Tie Fighters and X-Wings to look at.

At least TLJ had some A-Wings and those new big bomber ships.

:#`##%`^rnnsóú.;::ä369!

I just said something positive about TLJ! Noooooo why!? Gah it burns!
Git' in under mah belly!
do you require any assistance???
I do not envy Tony Gilroy. They brpught him in to make up some crap on a tight deadline to patch the holes on a sinking ship. Now he has to reverse engineer that crap, and figure out what happened before it, then massively decompress it and blow it out to fill up a miniseries runtime. This is an EU paperback level creative task, except on a much bigger stage with more eyes on it and more pressure.
(10-19-2019, 05:42 PM)Nooj Wrote: do you require any assistance???

No I love to hate TLJ just fine on my own. Twas just a minor glitch. Everything's fine here, now. How are you?
Git' in under mah belly!
Stellan Skarsgard and Kyle Soller join the cast:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/stellan...234582265/