Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anna and the Apocalypse Post-Release Thread
Can't believe there is no thread for this.  Total blast from start to finish.  All that was missing were more songs.  

The musical aspect brought me in but they don't skimp on the zombie stuff-although there is not much gore.  But what keeps the film together is the relationships.  The movie has a lot of heart. Ella Hunt is the standout lead but I liked everyone.  Even the shitty ex gets a solo and shines.  I don't want to spoil too much if people are coming in her unaware but it's really good.

They released one song on youtube and it'll give you a feel for the movie.  Don't go to the trailer.  This was so much fun.  Can't wait to own it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAk8h4z4lA

Attached Files Image(s)

AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
the movie isn't playing anywhere near me since I heard about it

it seems like it's not getting a solid release

edit: just checked for the heck of it. and it's playing at one theater half an hour away from me! I'll see about checking it out soon
I had to go 25 min away as well. I think it's a slow roll out
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
saw it!

I found it cute with some heart but mostly flat

the direction really needed some juice (particularly during the musical sequences) and it prevented the movie from really ever taking off for me. at nearly any given moment, it felt like something was always missing

I never found Anna, as written, a character particularly worthy of the title despite the actor's charm. The nice guy subplot was odd too.

There's a bunch of characters with little stories, but the movie itself never felt like it was about anything.
I liked the first two acts fairly well, but then it just sort of fizzles out. The last song I really enjoyed was the ex-bf’s song about being good at killing zombies; nothing after that really stood out to me.