Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fango launches horror podcast
Fangoria Launches New Horror Podcast THE NARROW CAVES

Quote:Not content to remain behind the pages of a print magazine, Fangoria has joined the Audioboom Originals Network with Shudder as a sponsor to bring listeners The Narrow Caves, a new podcast series that will bring a Hollywood-like experience to create an “ear-movie”. Sounds weird? Lemme explain a bit more.

Quote:The podcast is an adaptation of a script by S. Craig Zahler, the man behind Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99. As such, it needs a good cast to create the best kind of experience, right? To paraphrase John Hammond, they’ve certainly spared no expense as they’ve recruited the likes of Vincent D’Onofrio, Will Patton, Lili Simmons, and Wyatt Russell. They’ve also locked down Binary Reptile as the composer of the eight-part series.

Quote:Two college students, Walter and Ruby, are drawn to each other despite an antagonistic initial encounter. Their strange bond grows stronger when Walter joins Ruby on a holiday trip to her home in upstate New York, where a living darkness inhabits the woodlands that surround her family’s mansion. This engrossing and unpredictable blend of mystery, horror, and romance subverts the idea of “fated love” while exploring strange compulsions, intense desires, and ancient mysteries best left buried deep in the earth.

Released on December 20th, so don't waste your time looking for it now, like I did.

Since it's tangentially related to Phil (PHIL!), I'll give it a try when it releases, despite overall not having good luck with audio dramas.

Thanks for the heads up, subotai.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
When are they launching issue #2 of their magazine?
Sure thing, it's the Craig Zahler script that got my attention, but Fango's rebirth has been amazing no doubt in large part to Phil's efforts.

(12-18-2018, 09:13 PM)bradito Wrote: When are they launching issue #2 of their magazine?

Subscription info says issues are cut in January, April, July, and October.

Huzzah!
It's up! Here's a mostly positive review.

That Fango podcast is ok, but hardly essential listening. Stick with Limetown or The Black Tapes and the usual short story podcasts.
"Los Gringos Locos will be avenged!""Two horrible kids who deserve to be cast in Powder 2" - Nick Nunziata