Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG MOUTH on Netflix
It appears the thread for this got deleted somehow, because I couldn't find it to put a Schwartzblog link into.  One of the best comedies running deserves its own thread, though so here is where we discuss:

More perfect voice casting:  Thewlis as the Shame Wizard or Rudolph as the Hormone Monstress?

“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
I think the first season struggled to find a balance between its coming of age story and the far more goofier elements of being a cartoon.

Season 2 was near fucking perfect though.
"There's only one question to resolve. I'm scared. I feel a little crazy. I'm not lucid. The assumptions are right. I can feel my fear growing. Now is the time for the answer. Just one question. One question to answer.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

I laughed my ass off during the first two seasons. The showrunners pushed the boundaries as far as they could and still managed to not come off as pervy. This is a show about little kids after all.

But this season it's just gotten stale. Barely managed a chuckle and this solidified a criticism my best friend had when the show first dropped. If a show can't motivate you with its characters and only relies on raunch for laughs, then it's gonna get old after awhile. And he's right.

The real ending to Big...
Does Shame Wizard come back? I hope he comes back.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN