Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COMING TO AMERICA 2: SOOOOUUUUULLLL GLOWWWWW!!!
I probably shouldn't be excited, but I am.  Well, a little bit:

https://deadline.com/2019/01/coming-to-a...6/#respond
"I don't do tag-teams with blood relatives". Kenny Powers.
I found the spoon!
The teaser will be the Old Barbers and Jewish Man bitching about Social Media.

The real ending to Big...
Louie Anderson? In? Out?
He's gotta be the manager of McDowells by now.
Kidding aside, Coming to America, like all great works of pop-culture, is a product of its time. Clearly a one-and-done effort (according to John Landis, the faster movie ever made). Failing to see the hook here outside of playing the nostalgia card.

How quickly will Soul-Glo, Sexual Chocolate and McDowell's viral marketing campaigns flood the Internet?

The real ending to Big...
With a reformed Sam Jackson as his assistant manager.
I will be gravely disappoinred if Frankie Faison and Guba Gooding jr do not return.
You could make a really clever movie out of this right about now. But it needs to be written by Jordan Peele, Donald Glover and Chris Rock or something. Although it doesn't sound too bad, provided the original writers can be as clever and timely as they were last time.
It mentions that they're bringing everyone back, JEJ included...so Akeem is *still* just the prince? Also the suggested premise (going back to find a long, lost illegitimate son) doesn't really make sense or sit well - Akeem was laser focused on finding that one girl, he wasn't remotely interested in actually 'sowing his royal oats' at that point so who would he have actually hooked up with? It doesn't really feel in character at all.
Body By Jake guy will be an Uber driver this time around.
Of all the sequels Murphy could do, this is the oddest. I guess I'll wait and see.