Matt Damon, The Talented Mr. Ripley
Peter Lorre, 'The Man From The South', Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Ian McKellan, Rickard III

Menu:

'Veal' Heart Tartare Tarts

Barbequed Pulled Longpork on a Keyser Roll

'Prideful' Venison Entrecote with seared foie gras

Beggar's Clay Chicken, smoked under a dome of South Carolina cedarwood

Chocolate Cake garnished with Candied Grasshoppers and a 'Sanguinaccio Dolce' Blood Chocolate Sauce

Additional thanks to a dear friend for his special contribution to the meal.  Although he won't be dining with us, he'll be there in spirit.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2287]   

'Frank Underwood' - Kevin Spacey, 'Let Me Be Frank'

(01-23-2019, 02:37 AM)arjen rudd Wrote: VILLAINS!

The Joker (Heath Ledger), The Dark Knight
[Image: joker.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1]
'When the chips are down, these civilized people? They'll eat each other. I'm not a monster, I'm just ahead of the curve.'

Biff Tannen (Thomas F Wilson), Back to the Future series
[Image: fe01bd22-e31a-405c-80cc-cb0630c117ed-620...a48fc9d20f]
'Suppose it's poetic justice. Two McFlys, with the same gun!'

Judge Doom (Christopher Lloyd), Who Framed Roger Rabbit
[Image: juge-demort.jpg?w=600]
'Remember me, Eddie? When I killed your brother, I talked JUST. LIKE. THIIIIIIS!'

Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey), Game of Thrones
[Image: Lena-Headey-as-Cer_2184426b.jpg]
'Tears aren't a woman's only weapon. The best one's between your legs.'

Arjen Rudd (Joss Ackland), Lethal Weapon 2
[Image: lw2_villain.jpg]
'DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!"

The Cigarette Smoking Man (William B Davis), The X-Files
[Image: x-files-smoking-man.jpg]
'You see a man lying here, a seemingly weak man. But I'm the most powerful man in the world.'

Harry Roat (Alan Arkin), Wait Until Dark
[Image: geraldine1.jpg]
"So I let them do it their way, right up til the very end. And then, Topsy-Turvy. Me topsy and them turvy.'

Newman (Wayne Knight), Seinfeld
[Image: lw46tn9vi0l11.jpg]
'Hmm, that job sounds like it might be worth a year's free haircuts...and a comb!'

Esther (Isabelle Fuhrman), Orphan
[Image: Esther-orphan-37279002-500-375.png]
'If I find out you're lying, I'll cut you hairless little prick off, before you even figure out what it's for.'

Little Bill Daggett (Gene Hackman), Unforgiven
[Image: qffvsjymwnerumsi1nun.jpg]
'Now Ned, those whores are gonna tell different lies than you. And when their lies ain't the same as your lies...well, I ain't gonna hurt no woman. But I am gonna hurt you. And not gentle like before...but bad.'

BONUS (no pictures, cause of the ten image limit)

Dean Wormer (John Vernon), Animal House
'Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.'

Judge Holden, Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
'Moral law is an invention of mankind for the disenfranchisement of the powerful in favor of the weak. Historical law subverts it at every turn.'
I'm not going to go category by category in this one, because Superlaser's theme is the overriding factor here.  So while I want to tip my hat to a draft that has the Joker, Biff and Cerse in it, this one goes to the laser.

So in praise Superlaser's theme:

I normally tend to be anti-theme in drafts because I think they tend to push people in too-cute and samey directions, and also have the effect of removing themselves from the competitive element of the draft process (i.e., the whole point of it) by diving into one little niche and playing a game of solitaire.  Especially when the subject is as broad as this one, I want to see a list that explores the breadth of what the topic has to offer.  For instance, when we did sci-fi, I was much more interested in seeing a list that found room for a 70s space opera and a hard sci-fi war movie and a Jules Verne adaptation from the 30s and some Cronenbergian body horror than one that dug down to recite a list of 10 giant creature-features from the 1950s.

Superlaser's theme is genuinely clever, and he pulled it off with aplomb while also checking all the Boone-boxes, and still pulling down heavy hitters that even people not chasing specific themes would be vying for.  Plus he went the extra mile on the baroque presentation, just as Hannibal would. 

Respek.